Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that there was no mention of them having to trade up in the Allocation Order for him (nor a mention of the Allocation Order). That was always said to be the hindrance to him returning here. Another LA Galaxy exception to the rules?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Interesting that there was no mention of them having to trade up in the Allocation Order for him (nor a mention of the Allocation Order). That was always said to be the hindrance to him returning here. Another LA Galaxy exception to the rules?
    Maybe they didn’t have to trade up because no one else wanted to sign him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucho Acosta has been brought back to MLS with FC Cincy. They are bulking up quite nicely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is wrong with our management.

Please bring back Tim L.

Manning is over his head, Curtis is a puppet.

I've said this based on his interview previously, sounds like he is happy letting the young guys develop and play.

Team def needs infusion of speed to play the press.

Will it even be worth our time watching this team play in the CCL.

I've never been so disappointed, from 2015 until 2018 it was great, clear direction go getter.

Now I don't even know

It's making me reconsider if it's worth paying what I pay to be neglected as a fan base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately I don't think VV still has enough in the tank to be a really impactful player, but I was hoping we would sign him so we could get him ensconced in Toronto and eventually into the coaching staff/academy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think VV still has enough in the tank to be a really impactful player, but I was hoping we would sign him so we could get him ensconced in Toronto and eventually into the coaching staff/academy.
    he doesn't seem to be the type to stick around anywhere these days too long, he's had 7 clubs in last 6 years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We finished 2nd in the league in 2020. You make it sound like a disaster of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

Please bring back Tim L.

I've said this based on his interview previously, sounds like he is happy letting the young guys develop and play.

I've never been so disappointed, from 2015 until 2018 it was great, clear direction go getter.

Now I don't even know

It's making me reconsider if it's worth paying what I pay to be neglected as a fan base.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

I've been following him on Insta - and for the past few. months he's been training like a fiend. Let's see if that translates on the pitch - but I wouldn't be surprised if he put in a tidy little season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    We finished 2nd in the league in 2020. You make it sound like a disaster of a year.

I was speaking to the competence of management.
    Still no replacement for Seba. No LWB .NO CB.

If poz deal didn't go thru which management ended up paying an extra $3 mill because of their own incompetence there would be no 2nd place.

2nd place doesn't help bring trophies which is what we been told as fans is this clubs mission .

You didn't even address one point I made lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Tim L didn't really run the day to day operations of the team - that was more left up to Tim B & GV.

Tim L would've been the one to convince the big stars to do so. But I believe he would've had to get the approval of the board @ MLSE to spend the funds required to do so.

I have a feeling the current board has told the club they will not be providing the funds to make the big signing for now, or somewhere along those lines.

Plus signings in MLS are down across the league at this time.

Please bring back Tim L.

Now I don't even know

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was speaking to the competence of management.
    Still no replacement for Seba. No LWB .NO CB.

If poz deal didn't go thru which management ended up paying an extra $3 mill because of their own incompetence there would be no 2nd place.

2nd place doesn't help bring trophies which is what we been told as fans is this clubs mission .

You didn't even address one point I made lol
    The post I replied to had only 1 point - Team def needs infusion of speed to play the press.

This post has...0 points? it's more like a wish list of what you think the team needs.

- There was never going to be a Seba replacement. GV wanted more flexibility and Seba or someone like him didn't provide that. That's one of several reasons why they didn't spend on him and went after Pozuelo instead.
    - Starting CB situation is fine for another year or two. If you are crying about back ups - sure...but I wouldn't cry over that.
    - LWB - I've already addressed that in a previous post - but here goes again:

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

The plan sounds like they want Morrow to get back to All-Star level form - that IMO doesn't mean literally being an all star. He's a really good player - on the upper level of skill and IQ for players born out of this league. Players like him have the ability to do very well in later stages of their career based on their IQ and skill (See drew moor). So not All-star league wide - but all star on the team.

A healthy Morrow playing at his best has him starting more games than not.

So that would mean a strong rotation of Lareya, Auro and Morrow at LB/RB
    +1 youngster getting minor minutes to give these players a break (probably morrow)

This buys us at least until the next transfer window, maybe even next season to find a suitable replacement.

Worse case if Morrow doesn't pan out - bring in a European player looking for minutes (Tony Gallacher type player) to fill in for the rest of the season. worked well for us and Tony last season. I can see us getting a better player this time around for this experiment.

They could being looking for a LB now for all we know, Armas hesitated when he was laying out the plan for Morrow. Maybe he isn't convinced Morrow can do the job. But IMO - even if he can't - we have until the summer window to fix that "issue"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/real-...o-pre-contract

Real Salt Lake got Bobby Wood in a pre-contract that starts in July, after his contract with Hamburg expires.

Anyone knows how he was doing in Germany? Is that a good signing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/real-...o-pre-contract

Real Salt Lake got Bobby Wood in a pre-contract that starts in July, after his contract with Hamburg expires.

Anyone knows how he was doing in Germany? Is that a good signing?
    Nah, never lived up to the hype. Had one good run in the first team then faded quickly, has had some knocks. Eddie Johnson type, all wheels but average finish. Wheels are likely gone by now, too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta United signs Argentina’s Franco as DP CB, 24 Played at Club Atletico Independiente. The east is getting better.

https://www.fotmob.com/embed/news/6763150/Atlanta-United-confirm-signing-of-Alan-Franco-as-designated-player-?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 04-09-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inter Miami looks like they are trying to deal Pellegrini inside the MLS.

https://twitter.com/samstejskal/stat...466863624?s=20

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto