Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768697071 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I wouldn't. Manning had a quote earlier today about not being overly interested in a Young DP because it would block our own young players. Looks very likely whoever that 3rd DP is will probably be 25-30 years old.
    Here is the tweet with Manning's quote:

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...667294721?s=20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I presume Manning was referring to the U22 young money stuff. In my opinion he's half right half wrong.

Paying a million or two for a punt on a prospect that blocks an academy grad? I'd agree not to do it.

But if its for an Alexis MacAllister or Facundo Pellistri level type player. I'd absolutely do it.

Around the time we were being linked to those players the fees involved meant they would be DPs and we didn't have open DP spots. The U22 initative gets rid of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    So I presume Manning was referring to the U22 young money stuff. In my opinion he's half right half wrong.

Paying a million or two for a punt on a prospect that blocks an academy grad? I'd agree not to do it.

But if its for an Alexis MacAllister or Facundo Pellistri level type player. I'd absolutely do it.

Around the time we were being linked to those players the fees involved meant they would be DPs and we didn't have open DP spots. The U22 initative gets rid of that.
    There are also positions like *cough cough* CENTREBACK where depth is non-existent and we have a scrub sitting as third choice.

If Joshua Yaro is worth a punt and potentially blocking Julian Dunn a game or five then why not a young centreback from Argentina?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are still entitled to one u-22 slot regardless of our third DP. To not use it on a young defender would be foolish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are still entitled to one u-22 slot regardless of our third DP. To not use it on a young defender would be foolish.
    However to think that anyone in the front office has that level of foresight would also be foolish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    However to think that anyone in the front office has that level of foresight would also be foolish.
    Expecting the front office to sign anyone seems foolish in general. If these academy kids they are using as an excuse for inactivity don't pan out they are going to look really bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hot take on all this: they are inclined to be cheap and maybe not great at getting deals done. That said, DP signings are not out of the question but it is hard to justify the benefit when they might not be seen by a home fan for another 6-12 months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Waking the Red guys are alright, you just gotta keep in mind that they are fanboys who have media credentials. Although it is getting to the point that their obsession with underage players lately might put them on some government watchlists.
    Michael Singh was a former editor for Sportsnet.
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaels...le_search-card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speaking of Singh,do we know if Dunn is injured or is Singh above him in the pecking order now?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Michael Singh was a former editor for Sportsnet.
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaels...le_search-card
    And this is a good article on TFC youth system

https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/4/...WxeYBNePYAlC9s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    speaking of Singh,do we know if Dunn is injured or is Singh above him in the pecking order now?
    Luke Singh signed a 4-day non-MLS contract. We're also at the 30 contract limit. Dunn is higher by default
    We can't sign a 31st MLS contract unless one player gets loaned for the rest of the year (Romeo is only loaned until June 30) or someone gets injured for the rest of the year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Luke Singh signed a 4-day non-MLS contract. We're also at the 30 contract limit. Dunn is higher by default
    We can't sign a 31st MLS contract unless one player gets loaned for the rest of the year (Romeo is only loaned until June 30) or someone gets injured for the rest of the year
    Being loaned out and the 31st player are two difference things. For the period of of the player being loaned out, his roster spot is actually open. The 31st spot opened up when you designate one player season long to your own USL side. The 31st player is usually some home gown kid who was most likely going to spending the season in USL anyways. As the season moves along and the CPL makes their plans for a 2021 season it will be interesting to see if any of the young Canadians get loaned out for regular minutes?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    i understand the contract rules,im jus wondering if they like Singh more then Dunn,and if they are waiting for another loan for Dunn.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i understand the contract rules,im jus wondering if they like Singh more then Dunn,and if they are waiting for another loan for Dunn.
    Maybe Julian was one of the guys in protocol, who knows. They must like something about him as hie has been on the first team since 2018 when he played 2 games, his only MLS appearances so far.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Maybe Julian was one of the guys in protocol, who knows. They must like something about him as hie has been on the first team since 2018 when he played 2 games, his only MLS appearances so far.
    maybe...i guess we will never know.maybe molinaro will start to ask the injury questions again,Singh was the with club the whole year in hartford last season and dunn was not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We ever hear anything on Jozy? Or is TFC gonna treat every injury all season like a state secret?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We ever hear anything on Jozy? Or is TFC gonna treat every injury all season like a state secret?
    no kidding....with his history he is probs out at least 6 wks,jozy playing a pressing style lasted aprox 70 min.who is the club kidding that he can play that style
    Last edited by reggie; 04-11-2021 at 06:15 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no kidding....with his history he is probs out at least 6 wks,jozy playing a pressing style lasted aprox 70 min.who is the club kidding that he can play that style
    To be honest he was pretty much done after the first 20 min IMO....never mind 70 min.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking further at his ruse, Michael also has some role writing for MLSE, being in that position is enough to not really push with the hard questions, could very well be the reason for the direction Waking has.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    And this is a good article on TFC youth system

https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/4/...WxeYBNePYAlC9s

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/4/...stint-transfer

TFC interested in getting Tony Gallacher back? (yay to actual transfer rumour)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning quote from Molinaro’s new website about the 3rd DP mentions adding a defender too:
    “As we go into the MLS season we still do have a designated player spot open. We are looking, whether that’s going to be during this window or the next window… We are gonna add a (DP) player. Other than that, we’ve thought about how we’d have to free up some cap space to add another defender, but we’re really confident with this group that we have right now. We do think adding the right player as we get closer to the summer, an attacking player, will just further reinforce us,” Manning said.
    https://www.tfcrepublic.ca/the-big-q...c-this-season/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trading someone like DeLeon makes sense to free up cap space. Not sure if there would be a ton of interest in him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trading someone like DeLeon makes sense to free up cap space. Not sure if there would be a ton of interest in him though.
    I'd be happy with some TAM or GAM or whatever it's called now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeLeon would be a stupid player to get rid of. He’s got incredible experience, the ability to play out of his skin every now and then, and is ridiculously versatile across the midfield and at right back in a pinch.

If you want to dump cap space Bono is the prime candidate. 400k for a back up keeper.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeLeon would be a stupid player to get rid of. He’s got incredible experience, the ability to play out of his skin every now and then, and is ridiculously versatile across the midfield and at right back in a pinch.

If you want to dump cap space Bono is the prime candidate. 400k for a back up keeper.
    Except DeLeon might not be able to play, if he keeps being anti vaccine.

The way it sounds like it, COVID vaccine is going to be mandatory for cross border travel.

Unless TFC gets an exemption for Deleon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree about Bono, but if this team is as serious about playing youth as they say Endoh and DeLeon are gonna be the guys losing the most playing time, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here me out.

My opinion of Bono is generally not the best. Great shot stopper but not-so-great command of his box, distribution awful, and you wonder if he ever cleans that up.

But...

This is also around the same age we dumped Stefan Frei.

Now that said, I think this is a position we need to sort out. Westberg is 34, nothing but respect for the guy but how many more seasons do you get out of him? I’d be inclined to take a run at Hasal (they’ve essentially stated whoever loses the Hasal-Crepeau battle is getting moved on) or someone similar (could care less if they are Canadian, need to be practical).

In theory you groom that guy so he’s ready in 1-2 years. But that would actually require someone to actually show improvement while being a backup for TFC (yet to see that happen)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Young Money (u-22) will be formally announced tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/samstejskal/stat...378179593?s=20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does it say about your publicity efforts when your Media Relations account hasn’t tweeted in 3 months leading up to the start of the season?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TorontoFCMR

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Beezersun/status...88367550844929

jozy considered day to day, MRI positive