Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2038
  1. #1411
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If I had to make hard choices here I would say goodbye to Bradley, Fraser, & DeLeon. More cap space from Bradley and if we're talking pace then he and Fraser have the least.
    I would do exactly this!

  2. #1412
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,828
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I would do exactly this!
    You could add Jozy to the list and that would give almost $2M in total cap space saved with whatever allocation $$$ we could get for all of them.

    I know we're short on forwards but honestly we usually get minimal matches from Jozy so it's not like he is actually integral to our offense. At this point his importance to the team is more theoretical.

  3. #1413
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    6,913
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    You could add Jozy to the list and that would give almost $2M in total cap space saved with whatever allocation $$$ we could get for all of them.

    I know we're short on forwards but honestly we usually get minimal matches from Jozy so it's not like he is actually integral to our offense. At this point his importance to the team is more theoretical.
    We would only get $480,625 in cap space for Jozy - not $2m

  4. #1414
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    16,556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    By all accounts, Jozy is being looked at as the point man with others working off of him - Waking the Red speculating this week that Pozo becomes more of a slightly recessed striker beside the Jozy position but there has been other talk of this too.

    Theory is you have an advanced destroyer behind those 2 - Bradley, Oso.

  5. #1415
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    We would only get $480,625 in cap space for Jozy - not $2m
    That's the old CBA DP budget charge. Under the new one it's 612k

  6. #1416
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My weekly reminder that replacing a striker of Jozy's caliber is very difficult indeed. Dichio, DeRo, Koevermans, Defoe, Jozy are the only ones who succeeded at this club. Lots of failures. Lots and lots. Not just here, either - look at the Premier league in the UK

  7. #1417
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    My weekly reminder that replacing a striker of Jozy's caliber is very difficult indeed. Dichio, DeRo, Koevermans, Defoe, Jozy are the only ones who succeeded at this club. Lots of failures. Lots and lots. Not just here, either - look at the Premier league in the UK
    Seba was reasonable as well 😉

  8. #1418
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    Seba was reasonable as well 
    hahahahahahaha. OOOOPS

  9. #1419
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,828
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    We would only get $480,625 in cap space for Jozy - not $2m
    I meant all the players mentioned above to clear $2M (Jozy, Bradley, DeLeon, & Fraser). With allocation money as well. I would move all them before Delgado.

  10. #1420
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,858
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://www.wakingthered.com/platfor...mpression=true

    Sort of suggests some of our young players are very much in the team’s plans.

  11. #1421
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    https://www.wakingthered.com/platfor...mpression=true

    Sort of suggests some of our young players are very much in the team’s plans.
    We do need Canadians to play in the game against Forge. Need atleast 3 in the starting lineup and I can only think of Osorio and Laryea on the roster outside of the kids. The bench would be pretty much empty if all these guys went off to camp for Canada too. I am sure guys like Okello, Shaff and Fraser could go with no issues though.

  12. #1422
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We do need Canadians to play in the game against Forge. Need atleast 3 in the starting lineup and I can only think of Osorio and Laryea on the roster outside of the kids. The bench would be pretty much empty if all these guys went off to camp for Canada too. I am sure guys like Okello, Shaff and Fraser could go with no issues though.
    I didn't read the article but a main sticking point is going to be quarantine rules I imagine. One thing to allow some players to jet out for a week, but to then not have them back for 3 is pretty tough to agree to.

  13. #1423
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think TFC will probs be down in FLA after the game with the forge on the 20th,so it wont matter,those players will join them in FLA
    but there may be a quarantine for the players returning from MEX to FLA,im not sure
    Last edited by reggie; 03-04-2021 at 05:43 PM.

  14. #1424
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    6,913
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We do need Canadians to play in the game against Forge. Need atleast 3 in the starting lineup and I can only think of Osorio and Laryea on the roster outside of the kids. The bench would be pretty much empty if all these guys went off to camp for Canada too. I am sure guys like Okello, Shaff and Fraser could go with no issues though.
    Just stick some rando kid on the bench and hope he's not needed

  15. #1425
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Just stick some rando kid on the bench and hope he's not needed
    I think the rules are three starters.

  16. #1426
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I think the rules are three starters.
    I'm pretty sure there's no rule about starting a Canadian and then immediately taking them off. That said, we should be able to take on Forge with a number of TFC2 calibre players on the pitch, assuming we have Poz, Jozy and the other big guns.

  17. #1427
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Borré's injury aparently wasn't anything serious last week as he's in the starting 11 for River in the Supercup tonight.

  18. #1428
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Borré heads in a goal off a corner. Guess he's ok.

  19. #1429
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,939
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Man, I am going to have to find some other distraction if this is just going to be the Borre fantasy thread for the next 3 months.

    Suggestions? Online gambling?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  20. #1430
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,382
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Man, I am going to have to find some other distraction if this is just going to be the Borre fantasy thread for the next 3 months.

    Suggestions? Online gambling?
    Online gambling on Borré to TFC?

    Let us not forget we lived through the two year Urrutti to TFC debacle

  21. #1431
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,939
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^Actually sure. If you think Borre is coming to TFC, what odds do you want?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  22. #1432
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,378
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Man, I am going to have to find some other distraction if this is just going to be the Borre fantasy thread for the next 3 months.

    Suggestions? Online gambling?
    We actually need a signing first to have any real discussion, I really doubt Bell/Rogers ala MLSE really has any appetite to spend any real cash at this point in time. That becomes even more apparent by the day as Armas has been talking a lot about the importance of playing the young kids. Also of note MLSE's most senior person on the partnership side of the business, their Chief Revenue Officer Jeff DeLine has left after 20 years with company to take a job with the New York Mets. MLSE's Global Partnerships department has dramatically decreased in size during the pandemic due to both departures and layoffs.


    I think no mater how Manning tries to sell the board on a DP they will not have the desire to approve going in that direction at this time. 2022 may be different but for it to make sense fans will have to be in the stands and things will have to have at least return close to normal.

    Its at times like these I wish TTC had a wealthy individual owner rather than the corporate one we have. Maybe someone like Tobi Lutke would like to buy a sports team one day, who knows but we can dream.


    https://www.sportico.com/personaliti...ro-1234623600/

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  23. #1433
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    ...I really doubt Bell/Rogers ala MLSE really has any appetite to spend any real cash at this point in time. That becomes even more apparent by the day as Armas has been talking a lot about the importance of playing the young kids. ...
    Two thoughts, I think that MLSE senior leadership also understand the value of buying in a down market. Those who have capital in a down market and buy wisely are often the biggest winners. In a normal market we never even get a sniff at a guy like Borre. Currently we look to be the best offer.

    Also, on playing the kids, we have to do it. This club has invested too much into the academy to get no returns. Even simply filling MLS starting positions with homegrown players will greatly benefit the team. Those who talk about MLSE not wanting to waste resources, and are surprised when they actually want to see some of the academy money on the pitch, might be a bit confused.

    We have some real talent in our kids, did NER suffer when they played Tajon Buchannan? Did Nashville suffer when they played Alistair Johnston? I don't know why we are expected to suffer playing Marshall-Rutty, Dunn, and Nelson? I get that the kids are unknowns to us, their ability to perform in MLS is up in the air. It is also up in the air for almost any signing we bring in that does not cost a boat full of money. With the data that the team has on the kids they should be able to make solid predictions about which are likely to become something and which are not.

  24. #1434
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Two thoughts, I think that MLSE senior leadership also understand the value of buying in a down market. Those who have capital in a down market and buy wisely are often the biggest winners. In a normal market we never even get a sniff at a guy like Borre. Currently we look to be the best offer.

    Also, on playing the kids, we have to do it. This club has invested too much into the academy to get no returns. Even simply filling MLS starting positions with homegrown players will greatly benefit the team. Those who talk about MLSE not wanting to waste resources, and are surprised when they actually want to see some of the academy money on the pitch, might be a bit confused.

    We have some real talent in our kids, did NER suffer when they played Tajon Buchannan? Did Nashville suffer when they played Alistair Johnston? I don't know why we are expected to suffer playing Marshall-Rutty, Dunn, and Nelson? I get that the kids are unknowns to us, their ability to perform in MLS is up in the air. It is also up in the air for almost any signing we bring in that does not cost a boat full of money. With the data that the team has on the kids they should be able to make solid predictions about which are likely to become something and which are not.
    Agreed. Borré, a capable CB to push Zav away from regular action, and lets see Nelson, Priso, Dunn, Fraser, JMR. It doesn't need to happen in pre-season either.

  25. #1435
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We have the best offer out to Borré. He still prefers those Palm Trees.

    https://twitter.com/UOLEsporte/statu...900368390?s=20

  26. #1436
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We have the best offer out to Borré. He still prefers those Palm Trees.

    https://twitter.com/UOLEsporte/statu...900368390?s=20
    The tweet actually says he prefers Europe or Palmeiras, but that TFC has opened its coffers.

  27. #1437
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    The tweet actually says he prefers Europe or Palmeiras, but that TFC has opened its coffers.
    I say Palm Trees because it is my favorite thing for Palmeiras to be changed to when translated. Haha.

  28. #1438
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm with Ensco. Dum de dum. Boring.

    I dont have the warm and fuzzies about Borre - his agent has created a bidding war quite brilliantly and we have won, but that doesnt seem to mean he will play for us.

    Also agree with blo. MLSE has capital and now is the time to use it to get a market advantage. But is the advantage they want this year or next? A cup run this fall with people back in the stands from September might have some appeal, particularly if the Jays aren't in the playoffs, and they have some stories that catch the imagination (young canadian stars??)
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-05-2021 at 11:54 AM.

  29. #1439
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some info on our contract offer compared to Palmeiras'. Also says Borré does not want MLS. Sooooo...

    https://twitter.com/brunoandrd/statu...293124096?s=20

  30. #1440
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    frankly,im sick of this dude already,i wish curtis had the balls to withdrawn the offer

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •