Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Very good point re: Florida.

Maybe Kamal Miller is a trade piece? Non-flashy LB (also can play some CB to my understanding). He’s basically the younger version of Justin Morrow, plus Canadian.

Also seems to be their 2nd choice option. Might be a good stop-gap solution for us until we figure out what the future of that spot is.
    Didn’t Miller already get traded to Montreal before the draft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was there not some noise earlier about Jozy wanting to become part-owner of some team out west?
    Maybe that is where he wants to be shipped to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Didn’t Miller already get traded to Montreal before the draft?
    You’re right, totally forgot about that

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an interesting name for the Reds to look at, Jizz Hornkamp. The striker had quite the second half yesterday in The Netherlands, netting four goals in the final 38 minutes.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Orlando would be intriguing as they really don't have a central forward with any strength.
    Daryl Dike?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know why, and I could I obviously be very wrong but this gives me the feeling of “hey look at my left hand, meanwhile the right is up to no good”.

I expect nothing to come from this at all - more a distraction from the fact that the team has been inactive and the marquee move of the offseason is downgrading the coach to Chris Armas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Here is an interesting name for the Reds to look at, Jizz Hornkamp. The striker had quite the second half yesterday in The Netherlands, netting four goals in the final 38 minutes.

i would sign him just because of his name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I don’t know why, and I could I obviously be very wrong but this gives me the feeling of “hey look at my left hand, meanwhile the right is up to no good”.

I expect nothing to come from this at all - more a distraction from the fact that the team has been inactive and the marquee move of the offseason is downgrading the coach to Chris Armas.
    i agree conservative curtis is not capable of making bold moves he has had months and done nothing,i hope im wrong,this club needs some fresh blood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juan G. Arango
    @JuanG_ArangoTV
    ·
    5h
    I don’t see
    @TorontoFC
    getting Borré. He wants to stay at River and they want to extend his contract. That said, he also said that if he were to leave in the future, he’d go to
    @premierleague
    or
    @SerieA_EN
    [
    @RiverLPM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure TFC is showing Borre recent examples of teams from top 5 leagues plundering MLS for talent. The league is being heavily scouted by European teams now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Juan G. Arango
    @JuanG_ArangoTV
    ·
    5h
    I don’t see
    @TorontoFC
    getting Borré. He wants to stay at River and they want to extend his contract. That said, he also said that if he were to leave in the future, he’d go to
    @premierleague
    or
    @SerieA_EN
    [
    @RiverLPM
    Like most other players, he will follow $$.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Like most other players, he will follow $$.
    exactly. Every player ever would rather try their hand in Europe, but not if it means giving up millions. If I as a fan of TFC would choose Italy over Toronto for the same money then its obvious where this man who probably doesn't know what Ontario is would choose. We have to deliver the offer that isn't coming from Europe or shop for different players. Gio didn't choose Toronto for it's tradition of football excellence.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    ... Gio didn't choose Toronto for it's tradition of football excellence.
    Somewhere there is a Metro-Croatia cut of the "Get Jermaine here" demo tape...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is a winter transfer for Jozy, its gotta be today unless hes off to Mexico. I just dont see another MLS team trading for Jozy even if TFC picks up part of his wages.

As for Borre, my gut feeling says he comes at the end of this summer when hes explored his options for Europe if he comes to TFC at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a offseason like no other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    exactly. Every player ever would rather try their hand in Europe, but not if it means giving up millions. If I as a fan of TFC would choose Italy over Toronto for the same money then its obvious where this man who probably doesn't know what Ontario is would choose. We have to deliver the offer that isn't coming from Europe or shop for different players. Gio didn't choose Toronto for it's tradition of football excellence.
    I have been saying this all along. Toronto is not a destination club. The only way we can attract players is to pay more than anyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is hard to picture Jozy going to Europe unless he has been able to fully recover from 2020 and get match ready since mid November - perhaps he has, given the positive news out of USMNT training camp, but he would have to be game fit to a European level right now - for this kind of transfer a player has to make an immediate impact.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 02-01-2021 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy to Mexico is pretty much the only scenario I can see happening at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Jozy to Mexico is pretty much the only scenario I can see happening at this point.

With the season starting so late, not the end of the world if anything happens right now except CCL. I am wondering if Jozy's knock was real at all and they just didn't want to take any chances before midnight tonight. Additionally if nothing happens there is a bit of an added benefit of waiting until the summer, collective bargaining contract is settled, where we play is settled and other contracts expired. The only real issue is if the club as it currently sits could get through Hamilton and then a first round of CCL before reinforcements. I don't think so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Orlando loaned Dike to Barnsley so maybe there. We would probably have to foot a chunk of his salary and take basically nothing in return for it to go down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I have been saying this all along. Toronto is not a destination club. The only way we can attract players is to pay more than anyone else.
    Toronto is a world class city and many football players would be extremely excited to live and work here, HUGE BUT, not at the expense of reaching the highest levels of football. If TFC offer a contract to a player and anywhere near the same contract exists in Europe, that player would be insane to choose MLS. As a player you have to bet on yourself that if you go to Europe (even lower leagues) you're a good stretch of play away from being bought by Wolves or Montpellier or Hoffenheim or whoever. The leverage we seem to have is what occured with Pozuelo - where he had already had the Premier League opportunity, and was at the point in his career where he needed to take top dollar over more opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see Jozy going to Orlando now that Dike is gone. In fact, I'd be amazed if they let Dike go without a direct replacement lined up. I can see the right team (Orlando) paying him ~3 million. The issue is going to be the difference and whether that comes off our salary budget. I think the other obvious option is him going to Mexico. But he's not going to want to play a depth role anywhere he goes. His ego is way too big and he wants to play for the USMNT.

It's an ideal scenario for Orlando if they do it. If Jozy doesn't work out then Dike comes back in the summer. If Dike doesn't come back then they'll have millions to cover Jozy's failures and sign a replacement.
    Last edited by portu; 02-01-2021 at 03:36 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akinola getting sniffs....12 months out from end of contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

getting kinda late,,window is closing soon,he would be able to sign in june with another club and go on a free

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    getting kinda late,,window is closing soon,he would be able to sign in june with another club and go on a free
    I tend to see the reports of sniffs as usually coming from the player's agent. Might be looking for a better deal - but Europe should be watching. He has some really intriguing qualities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely Curtis and Manning wouldn't let a contract like that run down? Oh wait

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Surely Curtis and Manning wouldn't let a contract like that run down? Oh wait

Apart from Seba, who are we talking about here for them letting a contract run down?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I could see Jozy going to Orlando now that Dike is gone. In fact, I'd be amazed if they let Dike go without a direct replacement lined up. I can see the right team (Orlando) paying him ~3 million. The issue is going to be the difference and whether that comes off our salary budget. I think the other obvious option is him going to Mexico. But he's not going to want to play a depth role anywhere he goes. His ego is way too big and he wants to play for the USMNT.

It's an ideal scenario for Orlando if they do it. If Jozy doesn't work out then Dike comes back in the summer. If Dike doesn't come back then they'll have millions to cover Jozy's failures and sign a replacement.
    I can see him accepting a sub role if its America or Tigres. Even he has to understand his options are limited at this point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    I can see him accepting a sub role if its America or Tigres. Even he has to understand his options are limited at this point
    He compared himself to Lewandowski last week. I don't think we'll see him on the bench voluntarily at his next club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sake of not piling on the guy any more, let’s give him a pass on that one. He could have meant that any in number of ways as opposed to using the comparison to elevate this stature.