Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    That feels like i have rolled over so badly on no signings.... oh no, they have lulled me to acceptance and sleep .... must resist.
    Don't worry, all these young guys are likely bound for Real Madrid in the next couple years if you are to believe the Twitter hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The coach of Celta de Vigo who are often linked with Borre had this to say in a recent interview.

"For his part, Eduardo Coudet , coach of the Galicians, has been quite direct when referring to the possible hiring of Rafael Santos Borré (25 years old), striker who defends the colors of River Plate , in the following summer transfer period. "So you've already hired a player and I'm still not aware of it. ' Did you see the numbers that are being talked about? ", has stated in a few words collected by colleagues from the newspaper As ."

This seems to be the issue of him moving to Europe with the mid table clubs he is often linked with. If he wants big money he won't find it with those teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    The coach of Celta de Vigo who are often linked with Borre had this to say in a recent interview.

"For his part, Eduardo Coudet , coach of the Galicians, has been quite direct when referring to the possible hiring of Rafael Santos Borré (25 years old), striker who defends the colors of River Plate , in the following summer transfer period. "So you've already hired a player and I'm still not aware of it. ' Did you see the numbers that are being talked about? ", has stated in a few words collected by colleagues from the newspaper As ."

This seems to be the issue of him moving to Europe with the mid table clubs he is often linked with. If he wants big money he won't find it with those teams.
    Exactly. This is why TFC can land the Pozuelos of the world. At some point these guys need to get paid. It would be a hard decision to make at 25 to choose not to go to Europe, but there isn't going to be $15-20M on any of those offers. It's possible someone comes out of the woodwork, but there aren't many teams out there that are willing to spend on a player that its very unlikely they can sell on. You're looking at top Euro clubs and a few MLS squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really doesnt make sense- you go two off season sitting on your hands.

when heard curtis speak- it literally sounded like they had no interest in adding anyone and that they had young guys ready to step in.

i was told by one of yall that adding one player doesnt hurt the young guys trying to get playing time.

i guess the good thing is no fans - not so much pressure on these young guys.

what will the line up look for tomorrow- in a champions league game.

i dislike the way manning and ali are handling things the last two off seasons.

unlike the raptors- although they arent in a winning position- i have X1000 more faith in masai and bobby.

they are always out there making deals that make them great- the GTJ was an awesome deal.

the offseason signings were terrible -but we at least heard from both bobby and masai.

all i ask for is transparency into what the plan is going into the season.

TFC has done terrible with marketing- I almost missed the pre-season game.

Where is Maria P and Wheeler- no hype videos or anything from them.

SMH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

all i ask for is transparency into what the plan is going into the season.
    Armas has literally talked for at least an hour and a half on this in the interviews on TFC.ca and their other social media platfoms.

As for no signings, yeah well we have no open roster spots so that's a thing and also nobody in the league is doing much of anything and if you think we're different in terms of buzz and news, we're not. You hear it from almost every team's Twitter followers. Most teams doing the sensible and waiting unil summer since the windows are almost connecting to do the business. Might as well see what we have before jumping in for choice #3 or #4.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Armas has literally talked for at least an hour and a half on this in the interviews on TFC.ca and their other social media platfoms.

As for no signings, yeah well we have no open roster spots so that's a thing and also nobody in the league is doing much of anything and if you think we're different in terms of buzz and news, we're not. You hear it from almost every team's Twitter followers. Most teams doing the sensible and waiting unil summer since the windows are almost connecting to do the business. Might as well see what we have before jumping in for choice #3 or #4.
    I think in current environment, I think its two fold when it comes to not having a signing. Outside of whatever is going on in the continuing saga of Borre, I honestly believe MLSE has no interest in spending millions on a DP as long as the team is not playing at home with fans in the stands. MLSE has really taken a hit during the pandemic with massive staff layoffs, salary reductions etc. Also when it comes to the MLS veteran type, if you are looking at multiple teams to sign with, especially if its a one year deal, the uncertainty of the Reds 2021 season will come into play, living out of a hotel and not sure when you will be able to return to Toronto. Its just some of the realties the Reds are facing.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

this summer is probably going to be the best buyer's market in a while. lots of teams in financial crunch, traditionally more players available in summer transfer window.

MLS teams might be able to get players enticed by big wages, money that a lot of European teams won't be willing to shell out.

if TFC doesn't get a decent DP this summer, then I'll be mad lol
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could be wrong but I get the feeling TFC is looking to get out of this tournament fast. More road games to countries where the pandemic is out of control, players are already not thrilled they are living at least half of not all the season on the road, game not televised on Bell or Rogers and most of all they are barely marketing this game at all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    I could be wrong but I get the feeling TFC is looking to get out of this tournament fast. More road games to countries where the pandemic is out of control, players are already not thrilled they are living at least half of not all the season on the road, game not televised on Bell or Rogers and most of all they are barely marketing this game at all.
    I kind of get that feeling too a bit. I think they will use it to get some guys some minutes and maybe try some different things like you would in any pre-season game which it essentially is. Given the current situation in the world the less travel back and forth from another country the better for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    Let’s see... coverage pushed to a secondary network, star player mysteriously injured the night before, very little in the way of press coverage.

That all seems to track...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumor on twitter is no Pozuelo tonight due to injury. And other starts might not be playing aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im thinking Osorio is out too. Haven’t seen him in any social media posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayo won't start either.

My guess at the starting 11

Q
    Auro Omar mavinga morrow
    Laryea Delgado Bradley Nelson
    Mullinho and Jozy up too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

luke singh signed to a short term deal,reminds me of the mo days flying in players the day of the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Ayo won't start either.

My guess at the starting 11

Q
    Auro Omar mavinga morrow
    Laryea Delgado Bradley Nelson
    Mullinho and Jozy up too.

q
    lareya gonzo zava auro

gall delgado bradley saff

mullinho jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as Mullinho is on the field we have a chance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    luke singh signed to a short term deal,reminds me of the mo days flying in players the day of the game
    Luke has essentially been in the first team setup since last year. Was in Hartford training with the team and into this year.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oldtimer, please end this thread and put us out of our misery ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Luke has essentially been in the first team setup since last year. Was in Hartford training with the team and into this year.
    i know and i hope he plays tonight,i was being sarcastic,the fact that curtis had since dec to find a some CB help and failed is a joke,plz stop with we want to win championships bs,play the kids im cool with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i know and i hope he plays tonight,i was being sarcastic,the fact that curtis had since dec to find a some CB help and failed is a joke,plz stop with we want to win championships bs,play the kids im cool with that.
    You know what - I'd even be okay with them saying "We want to win, but we want to do it with homegrown talent". Instead of this off-season like no other, two more weeks, Borré bullshit fiasco nonsense that we've been subjected to.

Beyond the DP issues, however, it is clear that they have failed to reinforce the squad. Centreback is a fucking glaring problem for us right now, and I find it shocking that Joshua Yaro on a trial is the most successful we've been at addressing the issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    You know what - I'd even be okay with them saying "We want to win, but we want to do it with homegrown talent". Instead of this off-season like no other, two more weeks, Borré bullshit fiasco nonsense that we've been subjected to.

Beyond the DP issues, however, it is clear that they have failed to reinforce the squad. Centreback is a fucking glaring problem for us right now, and I find it shocking that Joshua Yaro on a trial is the most successful we've been at addressing the issue.
    The problem with CB, you're either making a lateral move, a downgrade, or gambling on kids with upside. The Mavingas of the world don't come often, and the ones that do rather be in Europe at a chance at a UEFA tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Close this thread end our misery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst transfer thread ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone got a link for the game tonight ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the Galaxy went out signed a 6M 21 yr old French winger and this tidbit was dropped in.

Which is interesting from a TFC POV as A) This lad could have ended up here had Vanney stuck around and B) Maybe a part of no DP yet is that Vanney leaving meant a whole new scouting database had to be created

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAG spent $250K in allocation for that guy, plus signed him to a 5 year contract (that length is unheard of in MLS).

Vanney might have known him but LAG spent stupid money on this deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    LAG spent $250K in allocation for that guy, plus signed him to a 5 year contract (that length is unheard of in MLS).

Vanney might have known him but LAG spent stupid money on this deal.
    For a guy with 7 goals in Ligue 2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn’t length of contract a positive in a world where the transfer fee dwarfs the salary?

also is this so weird? Isn’t it like Mitrita at NYCFC?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Isn’t length of contract a positive in a world where the transfer fee dwarfs the salary?
    Only if he ends up being DP money worthy. I don't know him at all but people who do are saying he's a TAM level prospect at best. If so then they paid a lot for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last nights game:

I think Shaffelburg playing a really good game on the left flank last night also Priso was solid and could not believe the amount of injuries we had even before the game started.

Now Jozy injured his hamstring again last night and knowing his history he will be out the long haul. This is going to be a really concern now we will have no help up top now but Mullins maybe we take a look at one of the DPs Miami has because according to the league they have 4 and need to get to 3 by next week.

Two other surprises were Gallordo and Zavaleta had good games and i cant believe I'm saying that.