Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    For the record, exactly what we have seen over the years in terms of goals scored is this
    2015-13
    2016-15
    2017-17
    2018-7
    2019-12
    2020-2
    including playoff.

So what, if I may ask, is it we've supposed to have seen over the years in your opinion
    Over the years is referring to 2018 to now. Oft injured players don't get heathier with age.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In the meantime, would be nice to have something else to talk about (although I'm not sold on this being a big distraction internally yet)
    Be interesting to see if he reports next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Be interesting to see if he reports next week.
    camp starts tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not just that Jozy has been injured, it's the frequency with which he is getting injured. He'll play a few games, and then be out for a month, then back to a few games followed by another multi month injury spell. It's becoming a nuisance to our team quite frankly. We have to ask ourselves if the money could be better spent on another striker. Ideally at that price we should see 20+ goals per year anyway in the MLS. He's never done that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, I guess we will know in about two weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

🚨NEW EPISODE!🚨

What to expect from Greg Vanney’s @LAGalaxy

☀️Why LA has his ❤️
    👀@CH14_ & #Giovinco together??
    🕺🏻DJ parties at home
    🧣Rocking the scarf in LA?

@susannahcollins @jilliansakovits

📺: https://youtu.be/7ygrz4ucch0
    👂: https://apple.co/3u3yu87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to davidson,morrow and zavaleta will be at camp tomorrow,hope too have a dp before this window closes,man wtf has this guy been doing for last 3 mths

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davidson article found here

https://www.tsn.ca/winter-wonderland...sday-1.1593922

Zavs back? Gotta be for cheaper money if so. I'd take him as a #5 CB on closer to the minimum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    according to davidson,morrow and zavaleta will be at camp tomorrow,hope too have a dp before this window closes,man wtf has this guy been doing for last 3 mths
    There's the CB signing we've been promised. We're all set now. Start the season!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    There's the CB signing we've been promised. We're all set now. Start the season!
    and hoillet has the new DP,in the next month or 2,because because teams are lined up for him,only 6 more interviews curtis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavs back? Gotta be for cheaper money if so. I'd take him as a #5 CB on closer to the minimum.
    Wow, pretty hard to get excited about anything in that interview. Why does everything sound depressing and hard when Curtis says it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two weeks have now been officially extended to anywhere between March 10 and June 1 - MAYBE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavs in a high line would be hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Zavs in a high line would be hilarious.
    You are making my head hurt 😩

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody has to explain to the head office that the occasional announcement is ACTUALLY good for PR. Like, figure out a way to actually keep interest going in this team.

I fully expect that tomorrow there will be an announcement of the new coaching staff but at least 1 coaching staff member SURELY could have been announced a week ago to make the team sound like they are doing SOMETHING.

I'm not asking them to make a signing for the sake of a signing but for GAWD'S SAKE, stop acting like the fans are not interested.

Seriously, there have been more announcements about E-MLS then about a team having "an interesting off season". Yup, new coach is one thing but that was a month ago. Its Covid time and ....oh look...the Jays are making moves and they are more likely to be able to have a home game announcement before MLS does so maybe get your butt in gear and start working out how to get SOME NEWS going.

Like, maybe this brain trust thinks that we think like NYRB fans who only seem to care about the team when they can go into the stands. You've had weeks to put together a team before training camp - figure out a way to announce SOMETHING. Heck, Vancouver's big signing is their stats team.

Announce a new defence coach....a new analytics assistant. JUST GET YOURSELF LOOKING LIKE YOU ACTUALLY GIVE A DAMN BEYOND YOUR FREAKING PLANS
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-16-2021 at 10:06 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe somebody should tell them that a Year ago this week, we were getting Supporters boxes with tickets etc.

Like, enough with the Covid is hard for us to run a team stuff. WE ALL KNOW THAT. We are living a version of that every freaking day. But we do what we have to do - GET ON WITH IT. Stop freaking moping about how hard this all is. WE KNOW.

Like seriously, you got supporters who are front line health care workers & essential workers and LTCH workers & the like - we know COVID is tough on everybody for doing a job. But, you still gotta do your freaking job. And that includes keeping interest up in your team, instead of being so darn afraid of making a freaking decision & letting news out. I get it....signings are not easy. But OTHER teams are figuring it out. Stop reaching for freaking perfection and DO YOUR JOB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im so bored with conservative curtis...the same bloody answers everytime,hard times...covid....these things take time,there PR is embarrassing minor league at best,we are a big club lol act like it,they dont even give update there players on loan,today a day before camp,nothing ,jus tweeting about voting in some raptors players to the allstar game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    The two weeks have now been officially extended to anywhere between March 10 and June 1 - MAYBE!
    https://twitter.com/KevLaramee/statu...899199488?s=19

I think this is what you're aluding to? Transfer window is now officially confusing. Basically who knows? If it wouldn't be such a tragic waste of Pozuelo, I'd almost rather let this team go forward to see what we can get out of Jozy and the rest of our forwards and figure out what exactly we need as a DP in July. I feel like minutes can go to Nelson, Priso, Fraser, Peruzza etc. Figure out who sinks and who swims and then spend money in the summer when more options are available?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that when you compare TFC with other clubs, including (former) Impact, you can only label it as under whelming
    Under the pandemic, everyone club has issues. But some seem to move on, others like TFC seem to stall.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's actually funny what Curtis is saying about how he/they do business. From that Davidson article, this total howler has coffee coming out of my nose...

The difficulty in travelling these days has not made it any easier. Curtis and Manning both racked up the frequent flyer miles in prying Pozuelo away from Belgium's Genk in March 2019. Asked what it's like chasing a target during the pandemic, Curtis laughed and replied: "It's terrible.In some ways its even more stressful," he added. "Sometimes you're like 'I've just got to get on a plane and go knock on the door until they let you in and get it done.' Here it's more phone calls, more Zooms. You feel like you have less control over a deal."

Curtis had to two spend two weeks in Belgium pretty much because they bungled first the Gio timeline and then the attempt to do the Pozo deal remotely. The fact they didn’t talk to the Belgian club before “signing” the player cost TFC 2 million dollars, and both he and Manning have been spinning an alternate reality about this ever since. That whole episode is about staring at your navel and letting events overtake you, and now here he is pretending that it was a hero story about him “knocking the door until they let you in”.

News flash. Some of us actually remember. Hahahahaha.

Last edited by ensco; 02-17-2021 at 07:21 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OG is absolutely bang on with his posts.

TFC have been the least active team in MLS this offseason. Even the other two sides (quakes and NYCFC) that were inactive have picked up the pace over the last week.

You're telling me they couldn't have announced a Morrow extension, the new jersey or something small to keep people engaged?
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 02-17-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    https://twitter.com/KevLaramee/statu...899199488?s=19

I think this is what you're aluding to? Transfer window is now officially confusing. Basically who knows? If it wouldn't be such a tragic waste of Pozuelo, I'd almost rather let this team go forward to see what we can get out of Jozy and the rest of our forwards and figure out what exactly we need as a DP in July. I feel like minutes can go to Nelson, Priso, Fraser, Peruzza etc. Figure out who sinks and who swims and then spend money in the summer when more options are available?
    I think what Luanda was referring to was Curtis' habit of saying we will know in two weeks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody has to explain to the head office that the occasional announcement is ACTUALLY good for PR. Like, figure out a way to actually keep interest going in this team.

I fully expect that tomorrow there will be an announcement of the new coaching staff but at least 1 coaching staff member SURELY could have been announced a week ago to make the team sound like they are doing SOMETHING.

I'm not asking them to make a signing for the sake of a signing but for GAWD'S SAKE, stop acting like the fans are not interested.

Seriously, there have been more announcements about E-MLS then about a team having "an interesting off season". Yup, new coach is one thing but that was a month ago. Its Covid time and ....oh look...the Jays are making moves and they are more likely to be able to have a home game announcement before MLS does so maybe get your butt in gear and start working out how to get SOME NEWS going.

Like, maybe this brain trust thinks that we think like NYRB fans who only seem to care about the team when they can go into the stands. You've had weeks to put together a team before training camp - figure out a way to announce SOMETHING. Heck, Vancouver's big signing is their stats team.

Announce a new defence coach....a new analytics assistant. JUST GET YOURSELF LOOKING LIKE YOU ACTUALLY GIVE A DAMN BEYOND YOUR FREAKING PLANS
    The part that really annoyed me was "we are looking at a number of different sites that make sense" (to play home games at) - they seem chronically unable to make a decision. As for the DP, Davidson basically says its Borre. In that case bring it home Curtis. Bring the deal home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    OG is absolutely bang on with his posts.

TFC have been the least active team in MLS this offseason. Even the other two sides (quakes and NYCFC) that were inactive have picked up the pace over the last week.

You're telling me they couldn't have announced a Morrow extension, the new jersey or something small to keep people engaged?
    Apparently, they couldn't....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'An off-season more boring than any other' is what Curtis meant to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To make things clear, this is quoted from this article:

MLS's amended primary transfer window opens March 10 and runs through June 1.
    "We're hopeful that we can get a DP signing done within that window, so we do have some time," said Curtis, who declined to name names. "Ideally you'd love someone to be signed and ready to go tomorrow but that's not going to happen.

In other words, it is absolutely no way we're going to see a new DP signed before March 10.
    (...And Curtis needs a 3 times bigger than his real life-size statue erected in Mel Lastman Square, if this signing will happen until the end of March... <--- Sorry guys, I could not keep myself to no post this last sentence.)
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 02-17-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They’re either playing 3D chess or checkers. There’s no in between at this point. Extremely disappointing off season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luckily we'll have a new home kit reveal at some point soon that we can critique as "boring, is it a warm-up jersey, Adidas sucks/when will the league get out of this single kit-maker deal, it's template" for about ten minutes to take the pressure off player signings!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    To make things clear, this is quoted from this article:

MLS's amended primary transfer window opens March 10 and runs through June 1.
    "We're hopeful that we can get a DP signing done within that window, so we do have some time," said Curtis, who declined to name names. "Ideally you'd love someone to be signed and ready to go tomorrow but that's not going to happen.

In other words, it is absolutely no way we're going to see a new DP signed before March 10.
    (...And Curtis needs a 3 times bigger than his real life-size statue erected in Mel Lastman Square, if this signing will happen until the end of March... <--- Sorry guys, I could not keep myself to no post this last sentence.)
    Unless I'm mistaken, the way it works is that deals can be signed before then, but the International Transfer Certificate can't be issued ( or completed - i'm not 100%) and the player would be ineligible for competition before that time. So they could sign Borré tomorrow if they wanted but he can't be on the official squad or play a match before the transfer window opens officially.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    They’re either playing 3D chess or checkers. There’s no in between at this point. Extremely disappointing off season.
    To say the least.... We haven’t even re-signed players from last years roster who are out-of-contract.

Let’s start preparing the list of excuses for this summer when the window drags on and we wait to make moves.