Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^There are a lot of these sort of intellectual takes that say "now that we have spent and won championships, and become a big club, TFC players are in the shop window".

It's a total misdiagnosis.

Davies was in Vancouver. Adams was NYRB. Aaronson in Philly. Reynolds and Cannon in Dallas. On and on.

Not one of these guys transferring out is from TFC, Seattle, Atlanta, LAG... the fact is, we don't give the playing time to young guys, so they have no chance of attracting attention, so they don't sign here.

Success in the league competitively comes from spending. Success in this league financially comes from developing and playing players. No point getting confused about this. I don't want to be a club focused on selling players, sorry.
    This is exactly true. This team has been one of the best in the league on the whole since 2016. How many players have we sold to teams that aren’t in Asian oil country? How many rumours have we heard? Oso for a summer, the occasional Jozy bullshit, and now Ayo is all that comes to mind.

(I still think playing in Toronto doesn’t help players get attention however. How we’ve not got a multi-million dollar Laryea bid is beyond me tbh.)
    Last edited by portu; 02-03-2021 at 06:04 PM.