Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2112
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Masaro was the guy who ran the pressers. You usually heard these 2 lines at the beginning of each one.

"Neil Davidson", says Mike Masoro.

"Thanks Mike", says Neil.

He wasn't the head honcho in communications - that's Jeff Bradley, Michael's uncle & Bob's brother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I put them on a news alert... we have crickets, but Brazil is going crazy the past two hours...
    Borré conversations cool down; Palmeiras thinks about responsibility for a healthy year
    Afraid of the unstable financial scenario and insecurities with the pandemic, the club decides to back down. [Could be hardball negotiations]
    I've said it before but when transfer rumours leak you have to ask who benefits?

Rumours of new teams interested comes generally from player agents.

Rumours of teams moving on or considering different targets comes generally from teams.

It could mean nothing but rumours of both TFC and Palmieras moving on or having second thoughts likely signal they are tired of waiting.

It also needs to be said that basically noone is covering TFC at the moment while there are people whose livelihood depends on making up rumours about South American football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Curtis as much as saying in the supporter's call tonight - had to reset what looking for with the new coaching staff & the new approach - not yet but working on it - wants a long term stable DP.

Armas hinting at Liverpool style of press - calling it "hunt mode"

Armas mentions Shaffelberg as a bright spot so far.
    Surely any decent FO would at least have domestic targets to aim for who can play in different styles, especially if they've known for months the team's style was going to at least somewhat change with a new coach

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Surely any decent FO would at least have domestic targets to aim for who can play in different styles, especially if they've known for months the team's style was going to at least somewhat change with a new coach
    Another possibility is waiting until we move to Florida so whoever we may sign doesn't have to quarantine and jump across boarders so often. That would make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you dont need a new coach and style to know what the weaknesses are,he has known for mths that he needs a LB,CB,and has a open DP spot, for some reason he cant pull the trigger.who knows maybe he has got a few guys waiting in FLA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Another possibility is waiting until we move to Florida so whoever we may sign doesn't have to quarantine and jump across boarders so often. That would make sense.
    I think I read that they leaving on the 22nd. But maybe Covid threw a wrench into that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/brunoandrd/statu...97552218718213

Palmeiras no longer pursuing Borre, looks like he's ours if we can put up the right $$.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/brunoandrd/statu...97552218718213

Palmeiras no longer pursuing Borre, looks like he's ours if we can put up the right $$.
    As everyone else is saying this is South America, but lots of posturing either way, including TFC's we want someone for long term stability. Still worried about no progress on reinforcements in the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The greatest quote ever is the Palmeiras coach comparing Borré to his wife.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Still worried about no progress on reinforcements in the back.
    Well there's Yaro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The greatest quote ever is the Palmeiras coach comparing Borré to his wife.
    Says it (in Portuguese) here at 0:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there's Yaro.
    that was a rumour from a NY writer,have not heard from anyone local unless i missed it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there's Yaro.
    Seems like an okay choice for the #5 spot. Still need a natural LB and a #3 CB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    that was a rumour from a NY writer,have not heard from anyone local unless i missed it
    He is on trial right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait...we have more breaking news of a signing just coming in.......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually very much OK with this move because it creates stability long term and allows a lot of people under him to plan out their lives - this is looking more and more like Manning is here until he retires as he'll be in his 60's at the end of this contract.

I just find it funny that the really interesting off season has had 5 signings so far and 2 of them are the President & the GM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm actually very much OK with this move because it creates stability long term and allows a lot of people under him to plan out their lives - this is looking more and more like Manning is here until he retires as he'll be in his 60's at the end of this contract.

I just find it funny that the really interesting off season has had 5 signings so far and 2 of them are the President & the GM.
    Funny in a Shakespearean way 😢

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol wow. So all his accomplishments tfc made it seem like he wasn't being propped up by Tim L and bez.

What a joke. Take care of the team that starts in less than 3 weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great move by tfc...cant wait for the days that we are getting 15k a game and are fighting for 5th place every year,do the argos have any left backs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well our newest signing has two appearances in the US Open Cup Final, winning once, and won two caps for the Puerto Rico national team. Too bad those are stats from 1992.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Manning

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been a regular Manning critic but all this means is he has an opportunity somewhere else, so we had to pay him to keep him. Manning has a very real track record. Championships and deep CCL runs on multiple teams. He has been at the top of teams that were a serious contender 10 times in 12 years. He could get another big job in MLS very easily.

It doesn't mean Bill is necessarily here for 4 years, it just means he's paid for 4 years.

I definitely have more concerns about the Curtis deal though. He has the 2019 playoff run, but right now that's a one off. MLS has dozens of guys like that, most are flash in the pans. Not sure why extending him was necessary - Ali's track record doesn't suggest that he has opportunities elsewhere.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-18-2021 at 03:26 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have been a regular Manning critic but all this means is he has an opportunity somewhere else, so we had to pay him to keep him. Manning has a very real track record. Championships and deep CCL runs on multiple teams. He has been at the top of teams that were a serious contender 10 times in 12 years. He could get another big job in MLS very easily.

It doesn't mean Bill is necessarily here for 4 years, it just means he's paid for 4 years.

I definitely have more concerns about the Curtis deal though. He has the 2019 playoff run, but right now that's a one off. MLS has dozens of guys like that, most are flash in the pans. Not sure why extending him was necessary - Ali's track record doesn't suggest that he has opportunities elsewhere.
    When I look at the comments from RSL hardcores online and those in New York, the obvious thread was that both were tight with money and favored bringing up youth players.

The board is looking at our current youth ranks and Dallas' sales, and Vancouver's sale of Alphonso Davies, and that's what we are now, a develop-to-sell club.

Which... is fine if they have the youth development and money to spend on the required skills and depth to compete, as well. So far, we aren't spending LESS, so...

Fine line, though.

I do wonder if the CPL mostly exists because the team at SIGMA told Canadian investors "unless you get in now, the MLS clubs will control this massive, untapped transfer base." That's what it is: not a Canadian soccer development base, although that'll happen to sustain it, hopefully. It's already getting there or there wouldn't be all the interest in our young players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    When I look at the comments from RSL hardcores online and those in New York, the obvious thread was that both were tight with money and favored bringing up youth players.

The board is looking at our current youth ranks and Dallas' sales, and Vancouver's sale of Alphonso Davies, and that's what we are now, a develop-to-sell club.

Which... is fine if they have the youth development and money to spend on the required skills and depth to compete, as well. So far, we aren't spending LESS, so...

Fine line, though.

I do wonder if the CPL mostly exists because the team at SIGMA told Canadian investors "unless you get in now, the MLS clubs will control this massive, untapped transfer base." That's what it is: not a Canadian soccer development base, although that'll happen to sustain it, hopefully. It's already getting there or there wouldn't be all the interest in our young players.
    if that is true,why arent they selling,im sure they could of got a good buck for ayo this off season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning was on Overdrive today. Said they expect the get a DP, and maybe 1 more small signing. Said he didn’t want the club to change coach, and bunch of players. Wanted to keep some continuity.

People hoping for a starting CB (me), it’s probably not happening.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Manning was on Overdrive today. Said they expect the get a DP, and maybe 1 more small signing. Said he didn’t want the club to change coach, and bunch of players. Wanted to keep some continuity.

People hoping for a starting CB (me), it’s probably not happening.

Good find...thanks.

14 minutes

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-105...ames-1.1609893

Will listen tomorrow (wife wants to hear)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a Palmeiras fan, I'm glad we kinda gave up getting Borré. It was just too much money, especially during this pandemic, because the brazilian currency is really bad right now.

That being said, I would like to see him coming to TFC, I believe he has the potential to be one of the best strikers in MLS. For several years. Guy's only 25, great future ahead.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    As a Palmeiras fan, I'm glad we kinda gave up getting Borré. It was just too much money, especially during this pandemic, because the brazilian currency is really bad right now.

That being said, I would like to see him coming to TFC, I believe he has the potential to be one of the best strikers in MLS. For several years. Guy's only 25, great future ahead.
    Brazil feeds are still saying it is more of a make up your mind or we walk. They still are at the table. Going to be interesting but media thinks he is the real deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Borré is holding off on his decision because he is hoping someone in Europe will come in for him. I really don't think we are getting him at this point. Maybe Cristian Tello or someone looking to cash in will be the fall back option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should start a separate thread for management changes - at least we have two signings and several departures to discuss...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering: who here thinks it is ever a good idea to bring someone on to your team, who doesn’t want to come, just because you offered a lot more money?

(I have not changed my view that this Borre thing isn’t happening, was never happening)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”