Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i doubt Borre is the guy he is playing for RP tonight,i think we are going to be in for a real letdown
    Might not mean much considering River is trying to sign him just like we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but its sounds like a deal is done with someone,too many jounos are talking about it,the FO wouldnt let it out if it wasnt,i think its hoillet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

raphinha played a full 90 minutes for rennes one day before he signed a 4 year deal at Leeds.

wouldn't read anything into this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Borre would likely be arriving in June when his contract expires. Wouldn't read much into him playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Borre would likely be arriving in June when his contract expires. Wouldn't read much into him playing.
    Ya that makes sense,no need to pay a fee when the season starts late anyway. On the plus side maybe Jozy can somehow be healthy for two months and then you sell/trade him in June.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Tough crowd. Jozy’s a legend. End of, for me.

jozy plays 4 games a year....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I am reacting to are the highly personal attacks on Jozy in the context of this roster discussion thread. If people want to argue that his contract should not have been renewed, fine, or that we need to move on, also fine. (For the record I disagree). But lots of these posts are very personal, implying he is lazy, all sorts of things. He is a legend here and scored meaningful and brilliant goals for us - not just the cup, but winning playoff goals when he was seriously hurt. These types of personal attacks shouldn't have a place on this board of supporters.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I am reacting to are the highly personal attacks on Jozy in the context of this roster discussion thread. If people want to argue that his contract should not have been renewed, fine, or that we need to move on, also fine. (For the record I disagree). But lots of these posts are very personal, implying he is lazy, all sorts of things. He is a legend here and scored meaningful and brilliant goals for us - not just the cup, but winning playoff goals when he was seriously hurt. These types of personal attacks shouldn't have a place on this board of supporters.
    ^This

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely, he deserves respect!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s be clear here calling someone lazy is not a personal attack. He is extremely injury prone because he does not keep himself fit. Everyone who saw him play this year saw a guy who was obviously never fully match fit. You know what made him so amazing in 2016, 2017? He was fucking limber. He was actually fully fit. The guy will forever live in the lore of this club, but his antics the last couple seasons are not lost on me. Openly pressuring the club for renewal, criticizing senior staff publicly, publicly talking about buying another team in the league, cryptic messaging, showing up unfit. It’s all pretty unprofessional in my mind and I’m likely forgetting things. These are also just the things we know about. He was quietly stripped of the armband this year while Bradley was out by the way. That doesn’t just happen.

The only one marring Jozy’s legacy is Jozy.
    Last edited by portu; 02-15-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone on here made a more elaborate post about this but essentially judging anyone on the pandemic season is a fools task. I wouldn’t blame anyone for not wanting to play under the circumstances that the players were expected to operate under in 2020.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Let’s be clear here calling someone lazy is not a personal attack.

I have always respected your posts, even when I have disagreed, but you are way off base here. Calling someone names is the definition of a personal attack, whether that name is "lazy' or anything else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s be clear here calling someone lazy is not a personal attack. He is extremely injury prone because he does not keep himself fit. Everyone who saw him play this year saw a guy who was obviously never fully match fit. You know what made him so amazing in 2016, 2017? He was fucking limber. He was actually fully fit. The guy will forever live in the lore of this club, but his antics the last couple seasons are not lost on me. Openly pressuring the club for renewal, criticizing senior staff publicly, publicly talking about buying another team in the league, cryptic messaging, showing up unfit. It’s all pretty unprofessional in my mind and I’m likely forgetting things. These are also just the things we know about. He was quietly stripped of the armband this year while Bradley was out by the way. That doesn’t just happen.

This is a hall of fame level terrible post. There are numerous things you are asserting as fact that are just your opinion, and in a malicious way.

I really hope you rethink this.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is a hall of fame level terrible post. There are numerous things you are asserting as fact that are just your opinion, and in a malicious way.

I really hope you rethink this.
    I'm not trying to be malicious about this. I'm trying to be realistic. Jozy is a legend, but that doesn't make him untouchable. His physical fitness has been pretty openly reported as not up to par this year. In the year's I referenced it was also reported that his success was largely due to a disciplined fitness regiment. He's a professional athlete, so his level of unfit is pretty fucking fit, but match fitness and carrying the right kind of weight so as not to put unnecessary load on sensitive areas is a different story. What about my post is purely opinion?

Lazy in the context of someone's work ethic on the pitch and willingness to stay fit is a personal attack now? I'm not just throwing out that adjective for no reason.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So I've been thinking the opposite. I think Jozy is too fit. I think he goes off and bulks up in the wrong places making other parts of his frame collapse under the pressure.
    Let's not forget - he was huge in 2015/2016 and very injury prone.

In 2017 he change his regime and slimed down - played an entire season.

Seeing what he's doing on Insta - And let's not include the bone injury he had in 2019 - I bet he went back to over training in 2020 and kept re-injuring himself

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    So I've been thinking the opposite. I think Jozy is too fit. I think he goes off and bulks up in the wrong places making other parts of his frame collapse under the pressure.
    Let's not forget - he was huge in 2015/2016 and very injury prone.

In 2017 he change his regime and slimed down - played an entire season.

Seeing what he's doing on Insta - And let's not include the bone injury he had in 2019 - I bet he went back to over training in 2020 and kept re-injuring himself
    Exactly. A couple of folks on here like to run with stories and build them up.

Just on background: I was concerned about Jozy's renewal from the start. I think TFC got themselves backed into a corner, didn't prepare for Seba's or Jozy's extension or departure despite PLENTY of warning, and let Vazquez leave less than a year after his contract extension. Then they were scrambling after Seba & Vazquez left, with complaints from folks that pay much more for season's tickets than I do. TFC put themselves in a very bad position to negotiate with Jozy's agent.

So Jozy is now is still ours, and the club has to figure out how to deal with that. During the first pandemic lockdown, I actually remember lots of posts of Jozy working out, often with Sloane Stephens. Some folks on here suggesting he was somehow chubby or out-of-shape afterwards. I don't remember that. I remember him looking ripped. But perhaps he had too much muscle mass again, as was suggested occasionally in previous years. For some athletes, it's hard to get the right kind of training, especially "game shape," w/o real on-field training, real games, direct work with pro trainers etc. I've heard from multiple elite athletes in multiple sports, that despite best efforts with individual work-outs during the pandemic, they did not come out in the right shape for competition.

Add to the fact that Jozy has repeatedly played through injuries, and scored some great goals in that condition. Plus he was sometimes left in games too long when he didn't look 100%, as happened to multiple other TFC players as well. I put that down to a lack of depth and flexibility on the part of management and coaching. Plus all the other problems of 2020, and the impacts that had on many athletes.

I'm concerned about Jozy as well. I believe he's a risky DP in a salary-capped league with limited DP spots, and likely more limited finances in the post-Leiweke and pandemic eras. That has little to do with laziness, or with blaming only Jozy for being injury-prone. In terms of the other issues brought up, they also concern me, but there are definitely two sides to all those things. I think we've heard enough to know that not everything was sunshine and roses at TFC for the last few years. Staying silent is not always the best way to a solution. Just to mention one topic: I feel there were too many injuries throughout the squad, and too many games where TFC looked far more gassed than the competition, for the last 1/4 of the games or more.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 02-15-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to be malicious about this. I'm trying to be realistic. Jozy is a legend, but that doesn't make him untouchable. His physical fitness has been pretty openly reported as not up to par this year. In the year's I referenced it was also reported that his success was largely due to a disciplined fitness regiment. He's a professional athlete, so his level of unfit is pretty fucking fit, but match fitness and carrying the right kind of weight so as not to put unnecessary load on sensitive areas is a different story. What about my post is purely opinion?

Lazy in the context of someone's work ethic on the pitch and willingness to stay fit is a personal attack now? I'm not just throwing out that adjective for no reason.
    I generally agree. Although he is clearly injury prone, I'm not entirely sure he keeps up a routine that allows him to do his best. Personally, i was not in favor of the extension because i thought we would find ourselves exactly where we are now: with a player that is only sometimes healthy that is holding down a key spot on the roster. Now when you compound that with a bad run of form, it's really problematic.

While i respect what he has done for the team in the past (and nobody should forget how great that was), my thought is he has become too much to manage and it is best to move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy might be the most polarizing player in team history. I wonder what his thoughts on the team potentially signing a new striker are?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expecting news this week - a DP (not just Hoilett) would be nice but at least that 3rd CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am all for using those u-22 slots on atleast two defenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random fact about Borré, his name roughly translated is 'delete'. Nothing beats Google translating all these foreign tweets and websites.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy might be the most polarizing player in team history.
    Not even close

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...ht=dero+celtic
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy is a legend. He’s TFC. He’s Toronto. He scored us the goal that won us our first ever MLS Cup.

The fact that anyone talks down on the guy is beyond absurd, ungrateful, and just plain dumb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    Jozy is a legend. He’s TFC. He’s Toronto. He scored us the goal that won us our first ever MLS Cup.

The fact that anyone talks down on the guy is beyond absurd, ungrateful, and just plain dumb.
    Put far more eloquently than I was able to manage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that we should forever be thankful for everything Jozy has done for this club and Toronto in general. The sad part is that MLS forces these tough decisions with their weird rules. DP's win championships in this league and we put ourselves at an immediate disadvantage with a DP who only plays 40% of the time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy might be the most polarizing player in team history. I wonder what his thoughts on the team potentially signing a new striker are?
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I was gonna say, I guess you're new here, but ensco beat me to it.

And there were others, like JDG.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I was gonna say, I guess you're new here, but ensco beat me to it.

And there were others, like JDG.
    Only DP I have never heard somebody complain about is the one we havn't gotten yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RT @jeffrueter: Erik Hurtado has signed with #CFMTL, sources tell The Athletic. The forward joins after spending the last two seasons with…

Always wanted him at TFC to come off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Report: Could Kemar Lawrence be returning to MLS? 👀

📝: http://soc.cr/yCPq30rx0DU

This is the left back we need if morrow does not sign. And if we don't sign morrow why not develop Shaffelburg into LB we did it with Layrea...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Report: Could Kemar Lawrence be returning to MLS? 👀

📝: http://soc.cr/yCPq30rx0DU

This is the left back we need if morrow does not sign. And if we don't sign morrow why not develop Shaffelburg into LB we did it with Layrea...
    Rumour from KJ is Morrow is returning.