Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 2112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Andre Cury, some sort of intermediary, maybe Borre's agent.

Aha. I know that name, here is why..
    https://tribuna.com/en/fcbarcelona/n...rival-in-2013/

He started a new agency, these are the players in Brazil he reps (that I found in the 30 seconds I committed to investigating this, I assume there are more)
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/link-gr...a/berater/8070

I'd have a close look at his Brazilian players. I predict it's a lot more likely that one of them winds up here, than it is that Borre winds up here.
    Actually X CA if they are struggling to get above 3 million dollars, we definitely have the leg up. I don't see any SA team ponying up more than 4 million USD for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Andre Cury, some sort of intermediary, maybe Borre's agent.

Aha. I know that name, here is why..
    https://tribuna.com/en/fcbarcelona/n...rival-in-2013/

He started a new agency, these are the players in Brazil he reps (that I found in the 30 seconds I committed to investigating this, I assume there are more)
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/link-gr...a/berater/8070

I'd have a close look at his Brazilian players. I predict it's a lot more likely that one of them winds up here, than it is that Borre winds up here.
    what a sh*t show of a transfer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    what a sh*t show of a transfer
    You get in the water with a shark, and the shark bites you.... don't blame the shark.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has me questioning what is going over there in managements office.

-pozeulo signing fiasco
    - account info data breach
    - borre- painfully same feeling as when they finalized pozeulo

Not to mentioned when my seat was broken last year no one fixed from end of game when I informed them to next game had me really amazed.

As well as the fact they fired my rep after we received our refunds.

Making me feel uneasy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other news, we seemed to have swapped High Performance Directors with LAG

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2021/0...gh-performance

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    TFC has me questioning what is going over there in managements office.

-pozeulo signing fiasco
    - account info data breach
    - borre- painfully same feeling as when they finalized pozeulo
    Pozuelo wasn't really a fiasco. Our window is after theirs and I don't think they expected Giovinco + Vasquez to bail in January so they were pressed to do something. It happens and it ended up costing $2M but we got Poz early. Normally that would've been him showing in July. The Borre speculation is different for now as he wouldn't be coming until summer anyways so technically they do have a lot of "two weeks" to go until it's an issue. That data breach doesn't have anything to do with Manning or Curtis. That's on whoever manages accounts & ticketing.

Not saying they're great but they've never done anything overtly idiotic besides the Jozy extension and probably any FO would've done the same thing given the circumstances. What they are is very slow, detrimentally slow possibly and they also don't really care to toss out carrots to supporters to maintain interest. In a way that's good because we had way too much of that during the stupid years but it would be nice to hear at least the moves that are reported as being done already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Pozuelo wasn't really a fiasco. Our window is after theirs and I don't think they expected Giovinco + Vasquez to bail in January so they were pressed to do something. It happens and it ended up costing $2M but we got Poz early. Normally that would've been him showing in July. The Borre speculation is different for now as he wouldn't be coming until summer anyways so technically they do have a lot of "two weeks" to go until it's an issue. That data breach doesn't have anything to do with Manning or Curtis. That's on whoever manages accounts & ticketing.

Not saying they're great but they've never done anything overtly idiotic besides the Jozy extension and probably any FO would've done the same thing given the circumstances. What they are is very slow, detrimentally slow possibly and they also don't really care to toss out carrots to supporters to maintain interest. In a way that's good because we had way too much of that during the stupid years but it would be nice to hear at least the moves that are reported as being done already.
    I don't see poz as a fiasco, I see it as a Miracle. From no DP to MVP level DP in less than 6 months that does not happen in MLS. That was epic level shit. Sure it was public, and not the neatest scalpel cut ever, but it was done and over the line. We had him for the vast majority of the season.

With the dirt Seba did us, that was a miracle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco did us a favor in retrospect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, everything about the Pozuelo deal was a fiasco. Ensco could give you a laundry list of things done wrong with that acquisition. Not to mention TFC taking a reputation hit.

The fact it turned out to be a miracle signing only just erases that shit show of a negotiation.

I think we have enough data, and transfer windows to understand were not dealing with top level management here. We're dangerously close to reverting to Tue dark ages of the first 10 years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think we have enough data, and transfer windows to understand were not dealing with top level management here. We're dangerously close to reverting to Tue dark ages of the first 10 years.
    What are some examples of their errors that show they aren't top level management, besides the Poz dealings and Altidore's extension. And also excluding their slowness and lack of wanting to give us any acquisitions info until the guy is at the podium making his introduction.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Umm, everything about the Pozuelo deal was a fiasco.
    Nah...worse would be if he was crap.

He got here and had a great season.

Anyways, can't compare this to the MoJo years - this braintrust ain't crap if they are going for decent players. And, with the exception of Gallardo, nobody has been utter shite yet.

Heck, I know we joke about Mullinho, but he's arguably the best second level forward signing we have ever made - a guy that does the job asked of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz is a great signing. Having Poz on our radar - full credit; the fact that they didnt realize they would lose Seba and VV if they didn't resign Seba a year out and as a result being forced to scramble for Poz including paying extra because they screwed up is a fiasco - the fact that he is as good as he is means it was not a disaster as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz is a great signing. Having Poz on our radar - full credit; the fact that they didnt realize they would lose Seba and VV if they didn't resign Seba a year out and as a result being forced to scramble for Poz including paying extra because they screwed up is a fiasco - the fact that he is as good as he is means it was not a disaster as well.
    I still don't see it as a fiasco. If in the end we went 2 months, didn't get him, and had no other options until the summer window then that would be a fiasco. As for this, Gent did something similar with David and Lille this past summer to squeze out a few more bucks and it was no big deal. It happens. It's not anywhere near the fiasco-level of previous years failures (Melberg) or even what the NYRBs are going through with Kaku now. What we did was a blip and pretty unconsequential to anyone except a few hardcore supporters who were going to look for things against Curtis because they were upset Bez left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't see it as a fiasco. If in the end we went 2 months, didn't get him, and had no other options until the summer window then that would be a fiasco. As for this, Gent did something similar with David and Lille this past summer to squeze out a few more bucks and it was no big deal. It happens. It's not anywhere near the fiasco-level of previous years failures (Melberg) or even what the NYRBs are going through with Kaku now. What we did was a blip and pretty unconsequential to anyone except a few hardcore supporters who were going to look for things against Curtis because they were upset Bez left.
    How about “disorganized, last minute and fraught with potential disaster?”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about “disorganized, last minute and fraught with potential disaster?”

More like "they really need to stop with the giving out of timelines about things getting done either in public or to journos"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo is an excellent player. The actual transaction itself was a fiasco without a doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Pozuelo is an excellent player. The actual transaction itself was a fiasco without a doubt.
    That’s what I was trying to say!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    More like "they really need to stop with the giving out of timelines about things getting done either in public or to journos"
    To be fair to Curtis, as far as I can tell the Borre rumours haven’t come from TFC mgmt. in fact nothing has come from them except “close to a DP”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair to Curtis, as far as I can tell the Borre rumours haven’t come from TFC mgmt. in fact nothing has come from them except “close to a DP”
    Which was quickly shifted to "we hope to sign a DP sometime in the upcoming transfer window".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s what I was trying to say!
    I would agree.

One of these days they are going to get roundly burned leaving everything to the last minute or endlessly extending out timelines to do things.

The only reason not signing a DP this window isn’t considered a failure is we’re already starting to be conditioned to accept less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Close to a DP"

Could be anything from a Mista to Lionel Messi in this league lol.

I honestly don't understand the direction of this team anymore. To much silence.

Are we in a transitional year with more big spending when revenue increases, or are we a small budget team going forward.
    Last edited by Richard; 02-22-2021 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This window can be weird. With the delayed start to the season and the window extending into June it could be advantageous to play the long game. We can wait for South American and European seasons to come to a close before making a move and a DP would miss few, if any, games. Previously a common complaint of the MLS windows was how it doesn’t coincide with other major leagues, so it makes big name transfers more challenging.

Other teams that are fighting in the standings may hesitate to sell at this point. I know other teams have closed on a number of players, but our squad is really not one that’s in a position to be overhauled. We’re looking for 2-3 players (beyond Morrow/Zav), so can take some time to get it right. That said, we actually need to get it right. I’m willing to give management a bit more time to close this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curtis mentions potentially loaning Gallardo out in Buffery's new article.

https://torontosun.com/sports/toront...mpression=true

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    This window can be weird. With the delayed start to the season and the window extending into June it could be advantageous to play the long game. We can wait for South American and European seasons to come to a close before making a move and a DP would miss few, if any, games. Previously a common complaint of the MLS windows was how it doesn’t coincide with other major leagues, so it makes big name transfers.
    Definitely will impact any CCL ambitions.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Curtis mentions potentially loaning Gallardo out in Buffery's new article.

https://torontosun.com/sports/toront...mpression=true
    Plus it mentions Achara is a few months away, hopefully Ali shores something up, this team can not afford to get thin on depth. Thankfully the start of the season is not next week.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't expect any kind of official announcement now about anything until March 10th. They never announce anything early.

Be patient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Actually X CA if they are struggling to get above 3 million dollars, we definitely have the leg up. I don't see any SA team ponying up more than 4 million USD for him.
    According to the papers in Argentina and Brazil, River is only offering him $1.8 million but telling him he has interest in Europe next year.

No way he's going to turn down $3 million guaranteed in MLS. That would be insane at his age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Our DP left with the euro window closed as he tried to hold us hostage for more money.

We spoke to a player on our radar about the possibility of coming here.

Player was willing to come.

Player had a clause in his contract that allowed him to come.

Player ended up coming.

With all of the emotions and hyperbole removed that does not sound like a fiasco. Every thing other than the facts is just noise and negotiation.

All of this got done in a couple of months, as we are seeing with borre these things often take a lot more time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    According to the papers in Argentina and Brazil, River is only offering him $1.8 million but telling him he has interest in Europe next year.

No way he's going to turn down $3 million guaranteed in MLS. That would be insane at his age.
    I thought it was 4.1 million USD being thrown around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would argue that Leiweke leaving was more impactful than Bez. It was a lot easier signing big name players when Leiweke was signing the cheques then the faceless bean counter who is in charge now.