Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21616768697071
Results 2,101 to 2,112 of 2112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with the state secret police vids we get to see ,it looks like he was training full out a couple of days ago,if they had a chance to sell him they should of pulled the trigger,i doubt he gets 10 goals this season and he would be on a free now unless they sign him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More then a few players were unable to travel to Mexico due to "personal reasons". That is an unusual turn of phrase and VERY unusual when more then one person has that mentioned,

Pure spec - some of those people might have been still unable to travel to Mexico due to having caught Covid during the outbreak.

Long term - anybody out either of these last 2 games - see how they are in longevity if they play tomorrow or next week. Somebody on the team caught Covid and it very easily could cause havoc with their ability to play. Gosh I hope not but....these things have been known to happen.

This is worth watching for - not hoping for - just being aware of and watching for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well I think Shaffleburg is certainly more practical but he’s not as talented as Nelson.

That said, my fear is, that maybe every youth coach Nelson ever had told him he was the second coming and stuffed him in a free role without any concept of positioning. Now we have to see if we can chisel that down to what could be a great player or just end up with Mo Babouli part 2.
    Nelson certainly has more potential, but watching him last year I felt he was nervous in the matches. Confidence is something that needs to be built up, so I understand playing Shaff over him, who is already comfortable playing first team level. Okello has experience in Denmark and Priso showed confidence last season. So I can understand holding back Nelson and JMR in such a big match, get them into a less scary match versus Montreal and then maybe if they show comfort they can play in the QF. Otherwise, the same lineup has proven themselves

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Nelson certainly has more potential, but watching him last year I felt he was nervous in the matches. Confidence is something that needs to be built up, so I understand playing Shaff over him, who is already comfortable playing first team level. Okello has experience in Denmark and Priso showed confidence last season. So I can understand holding back Nelson and JMR in such a big match, get them into a less scary match versus Montreal and then maybe if they show comfort they can play in the QF. Otherwise, the same lineup has proven themselves
    Yeah Nelson looks to have raw potential but had some real amateur type mistakes to his minutes he played last year with all the diving in and not knowing when to conserve energy and when to press. Having a new coach now could have something to do with it too. Maybe he is not quite getting the game plan Armas is putting together and Armas doesn't feel he is ready to go. Maybe he was one of the COVID cases the team had and was not able to train for a bit so not up to match fitness. Could be many things. I am not worried about him not playing. The guys that played put in a good shift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of the appeal of Nelson last season for me was that he how raw, aggressive, speedy and just overall unpredictable he was (and always has been, and probably still is) on a team and in a system which was lacking in pretty much all of those things. But I'm definitely not that high on him, at least compared to Herdman and other CanSoc coaches who keep calling him to the senior team and making the U17's entire style based on just finding him and hoping he can do something special (that was a really really badly coached team). Obviously people see tons of potential but he has a lot of rounding out and developing game sense to do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson needs major minutes and he probably isn't going to get them here this year. A loan is his best bet and hopefully our new friends in Denmark (Koge) can help us with that again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Nelson needs major minutes and he probably isn't going to get them here this year. A loan is his best bet and hopefully our new friends in Denmark (Koge) can help us with that again.
    I would wait until we've played a few games in the league before deciding whether there will be opportunity for specific guys. Armas may not be ready to throw him into the CCL but very well could give him time in league matches. If we're going to press we 100% will need fresh legs and to deviate fro. the Vanney-era aproach of having 12-15 guys who see the pitch week in and out. With mid week games, CCL run etc., I could see a lot of rotation to try to avoid an injury crisis we can't recover from.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    I would wait until we've played a few games in the league before deciding whether there will be opportunity for specific guys. Armas may not be ready to throw him into the CCL but very well could give him time in league matches. If we're going to press we 100% will need fresh legs and to deviate fro. the Vanney-era aproach of having 12-15 guys who see the pitch week in and out. With mid week games, CCL run etc., I could see a lot of rotation to try to avoid an injury crisis we can't recover from.
    Excellent point. That would actually be a great scenario if we can rotate guys more and keep the pressing legs fresh and avoid injury as long as each player called upon can handle the assignment they have. Anything to avoid that injury crisis we seem to always have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than Bradley and maybe Gonzalez and Auro I don't think we'll have a player put in 90mins for every game. Especially with 5 subs we'll have a lot of rotation to bring in fresh legs. You can see from the first two games the midfield is being asked to run a lot. There will be opportunities for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eventually we are going to need to loan people or sell someone. We are hard at the roster limit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I'd have to agree (especially if they do want Dwyer in as an insurance policy until the Summer window).

TFC is probably waiting to see what the CPL season is going to look like before pulling the trigger on any loans though (I feel as though they may not be too many opportunities in Europe just yet).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Eventually we are going to need to loan people or sell someone. We are hard at the roster limit.
    And I am sure the Reds brain trust are waiting to see what the CPL's plans are for a 2021 season to do exactly that. Jayden could benefit greatly from a regular run out. Also as more return from injury I would rather have Jordan playing regularly than on the bench as the 4/5th option. That's where you could sign a Dom Dwyer type to fill on that role if they price is right.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!