Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its seems to be the offseason of the maybes and almost so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Gotta be careful with Pozuelo. We all love him, but he did chase money to join us. He could do it again if the Saudi's offer him something crazy like they did with Giovinco. I hope his take on Saudi Arabia being a bad place for his family still stands.
    I think that’s a very good point.

Even with Giovonco, I think MLS gave him a platform to be appreciated in a way maybe he wasn’t at times in Europe. I’m sure he was grateful for that. It’s still a business and he ultimately left but I feel we had some goodwill there.

Now Pozuelo on the other hand... he was recognized as a great player in Belgium and he’s recognized as a great player here. Added to his trophy case last year but you sort of wonder what his thoughts are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Saudi thing with Poz sounds to me like, if anything, he would go for a quick payday on loan, only if there was a lockout, and he'd return when the lockout ended.

He did say when he came:
    Though he drew interest from Saudi Arabian side Al Ahly SC, it was not reciprocal.
    “It's simple,” explained Pozuelo of that decision. “First in my life is my wife and children. The best option for me and for my family is here. The problems for the wives in Arabia; also for the football. It's very different: MLS [will] go up; there is a lot of money [in Saudi Arabia], but [the football is] not interesting.”

He goes for a month or two, his family stays in Spain/Canada, gets some money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta be careful with Pozuelo. We all love him, but he did chase money to join us. He could do it again if the Saudi's offer him something crazy like they did with Giovinco. I hope his take on Saudi Arabia being a bad place for his family still stands.
    I think this has nothing to do with greed and everything to do with security. He wasn’t looking for a loan move; he was looking at options in case the season didn’t happen. This league’s rules are silly as sh*t and I’m not surprised players, especially those from abroad, have a hard time adjusting to them. To be honest, it’s something I feared when I heard of new CBA talks; how many of these players are going to have enough of the league and its dumb rules?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also to note on the Saudi transfer saga: money may be enticing but it’s not always the case. How many players have we seen go over there in recent years and absolutely hate or regret their decisions? I can think of an easy two right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that the lockout is sorted... I am expecting a big LAG -TFC deal. Something like Omar and Marky to LAG, with Lletget and something else coming back (would they part with Alvarez?)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Now that the lockout is sorted... I am expecting a big LAG -TFC deal. Something like Omar and Marky to LAG, with Lletget and something else coming back (would they part with Alvarez?)
    Just curious, but why do you see this? I agree that I can see Omar going back there, but why Marky?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is always in a hurry to get rid of Marky Delgado for some reason. He is one of the few players we have that can play and thrive in a pressing role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i doubt you see conservative curtis make a move like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine the mess TFC would be without him but at the same time, he couldn't just up and leave without the club and MLS in agreement. Even if it was to be just a one season loan, we would have insisted on a huge chunk of transfer fee compensation from the club and of course they'd be paying his salary.

If we weren't playing and had the right of recall when our season started, I wouldn't be too worried.

Please note I said "IF".

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is always in a hurry to get rid of Marky Delgado for some reason. He is one of the few players we have that can play and thrive in a pressing role.
    Delgado is one of the few players I see able to play the pressing style easily. Omar's ability to play a high line decreased last year to the point where it was suicidal at times. Need a younger general back there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Delgado is one of the few players I see able to play the pressing style easily. Omar's ability to play a high line decreased last year to the point where it was suicidal at times. Need a younger general back there.
    Are we sure Armas will play the press or maybe he adapts depending on his who he has? I get his desire to play the press but if you do not have the players for it at this point, can you really see him forcing it?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    Just curious, but why do you see this? I agree that I can see Omar going back there, but why Marky?
    I think Vanney loves him, and would pay up for him. This comment is not a criticism of Marky.

It's more a recognition that Manning/Curtis/Armas are not just going to sit tight, even though it feels that way today. Trades are easier than signings, which our crew seem kind of lost at executing.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like River Plate is going to try and sign Borre to a new contract. We will have to see if they succeed.

https://twitter.com/JuanG_ArangoTV/s...835679233?s=20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need Delgado to stay around. Priso did an interview stating that he only hopes to play a single season for TFC before moving (or atleast attracting interest) to Europe like Reynolds did for FC Dallas. He doesn't seem keen on sticking around to be a club legend (as is his right).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.101greatgoals.com/news/exclusive-interview-toronto-fc-starlet-ralph-priso-opens-up-about-developing-during-the-rise-of-north-american-soccer/amp/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Last season proved how important Delgado was to our team. When he was in - we were great, when he got injured, we took a downward turn.

Vanney Love him. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a move for him. I just hope Curtis/Armes isn't blind to his value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado is the type of player who you don't appreciate until he's gone. He's also a great MLS player to have. Is not a complete player by any stretch, but fits into the budget and does a lot of things well. Low maintenance and knows what the right play is far more often than not. He's also still quite young - only 25. Has the chance to grow and develop a bit more like Osorio did at a similar age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I think Last season proved how important Delgado was to our team. When he was in - we were great, when he got injured, we took a downward turn.

Vanney Love him. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a move for him. I just hope Curtis/Armes isn't blind to his value.
    Delgado seems like he would fit a pressing style pretty well, would be a real shame to lose him, unless a kid is ready to take his place.
    My real question for this team is how does Bradley possibly fit? If he’s fully recovered, and hasn’t really lost a step, I can see him managing a press, but his ball movement is so slow and ponderous, can’t see that fitting well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about Curtis but Delgado seems like a perfect Armas type player.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Delgado seems like he would fit a pressing style pretty well, would be a real shame to lose him, unless a kid is ready to take his place.
    My real question for this team is how does Bradley possibly fit? If he’s fully recovered, and hasn’t really lost a step, I can see him managing a press, but his ball movement is so slow and ponderous, can’t see that fitting well.
    At 25 - He's still a kid IMO

He has years of service at his peak years still to come. it would be dumb to replace him with a 19-20 year old just because of age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with all the plaudits about Marky but would be surprised if something doesn't happen in the midfield - that is where we have our depth and where we can meet our needs (ie CB, LB) through a trade

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Delgado is the type of player who you don't appreciate until he's gone. He's also a great MLS player to have. Is not a complete player by any stretch, but fits into the budget and does a lot of things well. Low maintenance and knows what the right play is far more often than not. He's also still quite young - only 25. Has the chance to grow and develop a bit more like Osorio did at a similar age.
    When we lost Delgado for some games at the end of the year last year you could see the impact IMO. Like you said you don't see the value until he is missing. He has a role in that midfield and does it well. I really hope he is not going to be moved. Would fit a pressing formation well like others are saying and has a good price tag and age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I agree with all the plaudits about Marky but would be surprised if something doesn't happen in the midfield - that is where we have our depth and where we can meet our needs (ie CB, LB) through a trade
    Yet to be proven and a bit of a stretch, but someone mentioned above Priso being sold (maybe not tomorrow but I would guess in the next 12 months if he pans out). Then you still need Marky and you have some transfer funds to go address needs in different positions.

It just doesn’t feel like we have the necessary flexibility in our budget right now to do much. You get rid of Auro / Gallagher... without more budget there isn’t much to suggest the replacement is any better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yet to be proven and a bit of a stretch, but someone mentioned above Priso being sold (maybe not tomorrow but I would guess in the next 12 months if he pans out). Then you still need Marky and you have some transfer funds to go address needs in different positions.

It just doesn’t feel like we have the necessary flexibility in our budget right now to do much. You get rid of Auro / Gallagher... without more budget there isn’t much to suggest the replacement is any better.
    i keep on hearing budget issues,we cleared out like a 1 mil with ciman,zava morrow,we may have to give ayo a raise

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow still needs to be replaced - relying upon Auro on his wrong foot (& I still say Auro is going to struggle under Armas) & a draft pick is not going to cut it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 25 - He's still a kid IMO

He has years of service at his peak years still to come. it would be dumb to replace him with a 19-20 year old just because of age.
    Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t trade him, I was thinking of the situation in how it might appear to Curtis/Armas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy hinting the RSL move/ownership thing might be true.

https://i.redd.it/yvhzwdh88cg61.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Jozy hinting the RSL move/ownership thing might be true.

https://i.redd.it/yvhzwdh88cg61.jpg
    Does he even take playing for us seriously? I’m so sick of this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im kinda sick of these cryptic messages from jozy,it must the devil working.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF Jozy went off to be a player/part owner in a project like RSL, I'd be OK with that - as long as we don't have to pay that salary.