Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    i didn’t want Janson as a DP at the time, as a TAM sure. i always thought that was the issue.
    He had a transfer fee of over $3 million, which the Reds ultimately decided not to pursue after the loan ended. The Reds in many ways at the time simply could not do it as they had no DP slot to use. That was until Seba departed anyways and as we know the Reds brought Pozuelo.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Janson was good. My biggest memory of him was him scoring a nice goal against Atlanta and Caldwell talking for the next few minutes about how he wasn't good enough and would go back to Argentina.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Janson was good. My biggest memory of him was him scoring a nice goal against Atlanta and Caldwell talking for the next few minutes about how he wasn't good enough and would go back to Argentina.
    That's awesome...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radio silence at TFC...a few weeks from camp and nothing on coaching staff,players etc,im working from home and really bored give us something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Radio silence at TFC...a few weeks from camp and nothing on coaching staff,players etc,im working from home and really bored give us something
    This has definitely been the quietest off-season I can think of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Reds will hopefully notice the buzz the Blue Jays have grabbed from a couple big signings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke with Victor Vazquez yesterday. He said he is currently looking to come back to MLS and would love to come to TFC, but said there was “no chance” because Bill Manning said it was “so difficult”. Even if it wasn’t as a red, I would love to see him play at BMO once again. Forever a legend in my mind.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Karpf View Post
    I spoke with Victor Vazquez yesterday. He said he is currently looking to come back to MLS and would love to come to TFC, but said there was “no chance” because Bill Manning said it was “so difficult”. Even if it wasn’t as a red, I would love to see him play at BMO once again. Forever a legend in my mind.

Good for you... I hope you wished him the best from all of us! I guess he would have to go through the allocation list. Wouldn't he.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The allocation list and how much would you really want to pay him to backup pozuelo? I'd rather go with a younger option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus isn't his knee finished? He could barely get on the field his last year here. Can't imagine age has helped that situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it goes to show you that MANNING wears the big boy pants for this club,he has the last word not CURTIS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This system of “discovery rights” and drafting needs to come to an end. Not that I think VV should come back (best for all involved to move on IMO) but this league really is making it difficult for things that should be straightforward to occur.

Clearly a player like VV would have a preferred club and if he can’t chose the one he wants, he signs in another league and MLS loses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Good for you... I hope you wished him the best from all of us! I guess he would have to go through the allocation list. Wouldn't he.
    I’ve promised him a standing ovation if he ever returns to BMO, no matter which kit he is wearing.

“TFC and the people who loves and support TFC will have all my respect and my love. It was to incredible years for my family and myself”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAFC would be my guess. Brian Rodriguez will be leaving.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Gallacher got something out of his loan here

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interested to see what LFC has planned for him. He started fo their reserve team in Premier League 2 last week. With only a few days left in the transfer window will they work something out for him for the next 6 months ?

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know he isn't the best source but Will Forbes has us back in for Borre.

https://twitter.com/TransfersMLS/sta...723379713?s=20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Borre link is real there would be Argie journos all over it. It's pretty quiet on him down there.

EDIT: Rollins is saying there might be something to it....
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 01-30-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s quite the swing: $4MM a year on a 4 year deal. But by all accounts, I think this guy is worth it. He fits perfectly with what we have on our roster right now.

My only disappointment would be not being able to see him play in person for a while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW

That's nice. But what did TFC get out of it?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Borre coming in would have to mean either Altidore is leaving or that Akinola is on his way to Turkey. Signing another 9 is gonna leave someone unhappy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Paul Mariner scouting report suggests he looks more like a wide forward or secondary striker than a traditional target man. But he seems to pop up just about anywhere on the front line.

I think it’s a Piatti upgrade. With the added benefit of being a solo striker if Altidore is injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His goals on YouTube look like he is that old fashioned 'fox in the box' similar to prime Chicharito, who always finds the soft spots to bang them home. Can't say I have ever watched him play a full game though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Borre coming in would have to mean either Altidore is leaving or that Akinola is on his way to Turkey. Signing another 9 is gonna leave someone unhappy.
    i agree...he looks like a #9 that is more mobile and runs the channels well.i jus dont see the need for both jozy and ayo,still need that speedy winger if we play that more direct style,i still think we wont pay that 10 -11 mil fee,unless we get some money back for jozy or ayo,

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being able to rotate 3 quality front men will be a great insurance policy compared to last year. No offence meant to Mullinho. One unknown still, if Achara is real and One could they get Piatti on TAM, then we just need the CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Piatti back with TFC questionable.

https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/1/...n-pablo-piatti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i agree...he looks like a #9 that is more mobile and runs the channels well.i jus dont see the need for both jozy and ayo,still need that speedy winger if we play that more direct style,i still think we wont pay that 10 -11 mil fee,unless we get some money back for jozy or ayo,
    FWIW, not saying it’s right... but it’s out there:

“River Plate have recently played in a 3-5-2 formation, but have also played in a 4-1-3-2 formation for a long time, with both wide midfielders showing good cooperation with the full-backs and providing variation in River Plate’s playing style. Matías Suárez and Rafael Santos Borré are a well-balanced striker partnership, with Matías Suárez often operating centrally, with Rafael Santos Borré often drifting wide and either dropping deeper or making runs in behind.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/targetsc...er-report/amp/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)