Threaded View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Jozy/RSL thing shouldn’t really bother anyone. If he is up to something like this, TFC knows about it, the league knows about it, everybody can plan accordingly. I very much doubt the plan is for him to play there. Player ownership of the team he plays for is a bad idea.

I do wonder what the league would think of Jozy proposing to play for TFC while owning a piece of another team, that isn’t a slam dunk. Minority ownership is important, the league may well accept it.

If he can pull it off, I am happy for him. I love when athletes act like businessmen. It is only fair, because their employers do!

If you think it's evidence his heart isn’t in his TFC career anymore, I don’t think you understand him. Nobody has been a better teammate here. Nobody.

I do think it might be best now if we eat some salary and move him elsewhere, as I have suggested elsewhere. But nothing in that suggestion is about his character.

The only people who don’t really know what is going on is us. That is almost always true: the teams and players know what is going on long before we do.

ps This isn’t a new issue in sports btw, lots of players have other business interests. It’s why Kevin Durant went to Brooklyn. Serge Savard, when he was GM of the Habs in the 1990s, he was basically run off by the Quebec media because he had built up a real estate company over 30 years that he was supposedly “distracted by”. This was five years after Savard got the job and two years after Savard had won the Cup! The Canadiens still haven’t recovered!
    Last edited by ensco; 02-09-2021 at 07:58 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”