Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If I had to make hard choices here I would say goodbye to Bradley, Fraser, & DeLeon. More cap space from Bradley and if we're talking pace then he and Fraser have the least.
    I would do exactly this!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I would do exactly this!
    You could add Jozy to the list and that would give almost $2M in total cap space saved with whatever allocation $$$ we could get for all of them.

I know we're short on forwards but honestly we usually get minimal matches from Jozy so it's not like he is actually integral to our offense. At this point his importance to the team is more theoretical.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    You could add Jozy to the list and that would give almost $2M in total cap space saved with whatever allocation $$$ we could get for all of them.

I know we're short on forwards but honestly we usually get minimal matches from Jozy so it's not like he is actually integral to our offense. At this point his importance to the team is more theoretical.
    We would only get $480,625 in cap space for Jozy - not $2m

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By all accounts, Jozy is being looked at as the point man with others working off of him - Waking the Red speculating this week that Pozo becomes more of a slightly recessed striker beside the Jozy position but there has been other talk of this too.

Theory is you have an advanced destroyer behind those 2 - Bradley, Oso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    That's the old CBA DP budget charge. Under the new one it's 612k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My weekly reminder that replacing a striker of Jozy's caliber is very difficult indeed. Dichio, DeRo, Koevermans, Defoe, Jozy are the only ones who succeeded at this club. Lots of failures. Lots and lots. Not just here, either - look at the Premier league in the UK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    My weekly reminder that replacing a striker of Jozy's caliber is very difficult indeed. Dichio, DeRo, Koevermans, Defoe, Jozy are the only ones who succeeded at this club. Lots of failures. Lots and lots. Not just here, either - look at the Premier league in the UK
    Seba was reasonable as well 😉

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    Seba was reasonable as well 
    hahahahahahaha. OOOOPS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant all the players mentioned above to clear $2M (Jozy, Bradley, DeLeon, & Fraser). With allocation money as well. I would move all them before Delgado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.wakingthered.com/platfor...mpression=true

Sort of suggests some of our young players are very much in the team’s plans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    https://www.wakingthered.com/platfor...mpression=true

Sort of suggests some of our young players are very much in the team’s plans.
    We do need Canadians to play in the game against Forge. Need atleast 3 in the starting lineup and I can only think of Osorio and Laryea on the roster outside of the kids. The bench would be pretty much empty if all these guys went off to camp for Canada too. I am sure guys like Okello, Shaff and Fraser could go with no issues though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We do need Canadians to play in the game against Forge. Need atleast 3 in the starting lineup and I can only think of Osorio and Laryea on the roster outside of the kids. The bench would be pretty much empty if all these guys went off to camp for Canada too. I am sure guys like Okello, Shaff and Fraser could go with no issues though.
    I didn't read the article but a main sticking point is going to be quarantine rules I imagine. One thing to allow some players to jet out for a week, but to then not have them back for 3 is pretty tough to agree to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think TFC will probs be down in FLA after the game with the forge on the 20th,so it wont matter,those players will join them in FLA
    but there may be a quarantine for the players returning from MEX to FLA,im not sure
    Last edited by reggie; 03-04-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just stick some rando kid on the bench and hope he's not needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just stick some rando kid on the bench and hope he's not needed
    I think the rules are three starters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I think the rules are three starters.
    I'm pretty sure there's no rule about starting a Canadian and then immediately taking them off. That said, we should be able to take on Forge with a number of TFC2 calibre players on the pitch, assuming we have Poz, Jozy and the other big guns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Borré's injury aparently wasn't anything serious last week as he's in the starting 11 for River in the Supercup tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Borré heads in a goal off a corner. Guess he's ok.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I am going to have to find some other distraction if this is just going to be the Borre fantasy thread for the next 3 months.

Suggestions? Online gambling?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Man, I am going to have to find some other distraction if this is just going to be the Borre fantasy thread for the next 3 months.

Online gambling on Borré to TFC?

Let us not forget we lived through the two year Urrutti to TFC debacle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Actually sure. If you think Borre is coming to TFC, what odds do you want?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

We actually need a signing first to have any real discussion, I really doubt Bell/Rogers ala MLSE really has any appetite to spend any real cash at this point in time. That becomes even more apparent by the day as Armas has been talking a lot about the importance of playing the young kids. Also of note MLSE's most senior person on the partnership side of the business, their Chief Revenue Officer Jeff DeLine has left after 20 years with company to take a job with the New York Mets. MLSE's Global Partnerships department has dramatically decreased in size during the pandemic due to both departures and layoffs.

I think no mater how Manning tries to sell the board on a DP they will not have the desire to approve going in that direction at this time. 2022 may be different but for it to make sense fans will have to be in the stands and things will have to have at least return close to normal.

Its at times like these I wish TTC had a wealthy individual owner rather than the corporate one we have. Maybe someone like Tobi Lutke would like to buy a sports team one day, who knows but we can dream.

https://www.sportico.com/personaliti...ro-1234623600/

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    ...I really doubt Bell/Rogers ala MLSE really has any appetite to spend any real cash at this point in time. That becomes even more apparent by the day as Armas has been talking a lot about the importance of playing the young kids. ...
    Two thoughts, I think that MLSE senior leadership also understand the value of buying in a down market. Those who have capital in a down market and buy wisely are often the biggest winners. In a normal market we never even get a sniff at a guy like Borre. Currently we look to be the best offer.

Also, on playing the kids, we have to do it. This club has invested too much into the academy to get no returns. Even simply filling MLS starting positions with homegrown players will greatly benefit the team. Those who talk about MLSE not wanting to waste resources, and are surprised when they actually want to see some of the academy money on the pitch, might be a bit confused.

We have some real talent in our kids, did NER suffer when they played Tajon Buchannan? Did Nashville suffer when they played Alistair Johnston? I don't know why we are expected to suffer playing Marshall-Rutty, Dunn, and Nelson? I get that the kids are unknowns to us, their ability to perform in MLS is up in the air. It is also up in the air for almost any signing we bring in that does not cost a boat full of money. With the data that the team has on the kids they should be able to make solid predictions about which are likely to become something and which are not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Two thoughts, I think that MLSE senior leadership also understand the value of buying in a down market. Those who have capital in a down market and buy wisely are often the biggest winners. In a normal market we never even get a sniff at a guy like Borre. Currently we look to be the best offer.

Also, on playing the kids, we have to do it. This club has invested too much into the academy to get no returns. Even simply filling MLS starting positions with homegrown players will greatly benefit the team. Those who talk about MLSE not wanting to waste resources, and are surprised when they actually want to see some of the academy money on the pitch, might be a bit confused.

We have some real talent in our kids, did NER suffer when they played Tajon Buchannan? Did Nashville suffer when they played Alistair Johnston? I don't know why we are expected to suffer playing Marshall-Rutty, Dunn, and Nelson? I get that the kids are unknowns to us, their ability to perform in MLS is up in the air. It is also up in the air for almost any signing we bring in that does not cost a boat full of money. With the data that the team has on the kids they should be able to make solid predictions about which are likely to become something and which are not.
    Agreed. Borré, a capable CB to push Zav away from regular action, and lets see Nelson, Priso, Dunn, Fraser, JMR. It doesn't need to happen in pre-season either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have the best offer out to Borré. He still prefers those Palm Trees.

https://twitter.com/UOLEsporte/statu...900368390?s=20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have the best offer out to Borré. He still prefers those Palm Trees.

https://twitter.com/UOLEsporte/statu...900368390?s=20
    The tweet actually says he prefers Europe or Palmeiras, but that TFC has opened its coffers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    The tweet actually says he prefers Europe or Palmeiras, but that TFC has opened its coffers.
    I say Palm Trees because it is my favorite thing for Palmeiras to be changed to when translated. Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with Ensco. Dum de dum. Boring.

I dont have the warm and fuzzies about Borre - his agent has created a bidding war quite brilliantly and we have won, but that doesnt seem to mean he will play for us.

Also agree with blo. MLSE has capital and now is the time to use it to get a market advantage. But is the advantage they want this year or next? A cup run this fall with people back in the stands from September might have some appeal, particularly if the Jays aren't in the playoffs, and they have some stories that catch the imagination (young canadian stars??)
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-05-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some info on our contract offer compared to Palmeiras'. Also says Borré does not want MLS. Sooooo...

https://twitter.com/brunoandrd/statu...293124096?s=20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

frankly,im sick of this dude already,i wish curtis had the balls to withdrawn the offer