Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2112
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armas also hesitated when talking about the draft picks - I would not count on any of them to be on the team, let alone starters.

I'd be OK with Yaro as a #4 or #5 with Zavs. I still think we need somebody to everyday push Gonzalez & Mavinga as a quality #3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all the talk about our defensive woes last year, we were not that bad. We were pretty middle of the pack compared to the other playoff teams in goals allowed and had the best xGA of all teams in the east. Of course last year was a weird year and we played a lot of games against Vancouver/Montreal. Also - OG is a good defender. You can see how our entire defence improved significantly after he joined the team in 2019. He's not the fastest but I don't really see us finding an adequate replacement.

I like us bringing in someone from the USL. A good way to fill out the back end of the roster and lets us back fill TFC2 if required. I'd imagine any deal would be for the minimum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never a downside to bringing in a young-ish defender on a trial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Josh Yaro, remember him?
    Coming in on trial
    https://mlsmultiplex.com/2021/03/02/...mpression=true
    Apparently he was pretty good last year with San Antonio.

Still need to bring in at least 1 starting caliber CB to push Gonzalez, plus rotation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have also heard that Luca Petrasso is getting a look, being in camp with the first team after playing the last few years with TFCII.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Apparently he was pretty good last year with San Antonio.

Still need to bring in at least 1 starting caliber CB to push Gonzalez, plus rotation.
    there's still a large leap in quality between USL and MLS. on the other hand, if Yaro signs, he probably would be cheap on salary cap hit

TFC also has this issue of being at 29 out of 30 roster spots occupied. Unless some players get loaned or traded or waived
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    there's still a large leap in quality between USL and MLS. on the other hand, if Yaro signs, he probably would be cheap on salary cap hit

TFC also has this issue of being at 29 out of 30 roster spots occupied. Unless some players get loaned or traded or waived
    We need a number 2 or 3 CB and a left back. We have a lot of midfielders. I still see a trade happening and it’s Marky we lose. I could be completely wrong but we need salary cap and roster room and he would be a prized asset. Plus Armas didn’t mention him at all

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    We need a number 2 or 3 CB and a left back. We have a lot of midfielders. I still see a trade happening and it’s Marky we lose. I could be completely wrong but we need salary cap and roster room and he would be a prized asset. Plus Armas didn’t mention him at all
    Sure. I'm in. Trade Delgado and let's play the kids, even if it means taking a risk being less competitive.

Gotta play the kids, especially the glut of unproven ones in midfield to see if they got what it takes

But Delgado is going to be a good player in MLS for a long time. The ones that we might look back and wish we never traded him, like many other former TFC players. I'm not convinced that Curtis can get the max value out of Delgado in a trade
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I have also heard that Luca Petrasso is getting a look, being in camp with the first team after playing the last few years with TFCII.
    They signed him to a first-team deal in November. He's on the roster, not just getting a look.

(I don't want to overrate him, but I'll make the bold pick right now and say if he gets 20 good appearances, we get 10 goals out of him. Whenever a kid scores as consistently, without gaps on rising levels, like he did, they tend to come good as a pro. When Camillo Sanvezzo was still in Malta, I emailed TFC about him because a) he'd scored 49 goals in 50 games for his Maltese club, which low level or not is an insane return, and b) he'd done similar numbers at EVERY club he'd been at. He was a dead cert. Not that it helped, as football clubs tend, for good reason, not to scout based on fan picks.)
    Last edited by jloome; 03-03-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure. I'm in. Trade Delgado and let's play the kids, even if it means taking a risk being less competitive.

Gotta play the kids, especially the glut of unproven ones in midfield to see if they got what it takes

But Delgado is going to be a good player in MLS for a long time. The ones that we might look back and wish we never traded him, like many other former TFC players. I'm not convinced that Curtis can get the max value out of Delgado in a trade

This is a terrible idea....that is what TFC2 is for...play one or two youngsters sparingly...sheesh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They signed him to a first-team deal in November. He's on the roster, not just getting a look.

(I don't want to overrate him, but I'll make the bold pick right now and say if he gets 20 good appearances, we get 10 goals out of him. Whenever a kid scores as consistently, without gaps on rising levels, like he did, they tend to come good as a pro. When Camillo Sanvezzo was still in Malta, I emailed TFC about him because a) he'd scored 49 goals in 50 games for his Maltese club, which low level or not is an insane return, and b) he'd done similar numbers at EVERY club he'd been at. He was a dead cert. Not that it helped, as football clubs tend, for good reason, not to scout based on fan picks.)
    i think you are talking about Perruza not petrasso,i think petrasso is a LB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    This is a terrible idea....that is what TFC2 is for...play one or two youngsters sparingly...sheesh...
    I mean if you think Priso is the real deal then Delgado is expendable, which would be amazing trade bait for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I mean if you think Priso is the real deal then Delgado is expendable, which would be amazing trade bait for us.
    Unlikely. If Priso is the real deal, he will not be here for more than a year or two. Marky should be kept not traded. The only "young" one who is likely to stay is Fraser. If we thin out the midfield with a trade it is likely to be Fraser who goes not Marky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i think you are talking about Perruza not petrasso,i think petrasso is a LB
    Oh shit! Sorry, my bad. Getting old, mixing up names. Mixed up a Langevin and a Langelier last week.

EDIT: Still, for the sake of discussion, Peruzza is a good talking point this season. His USL numbers were excellent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it’s worth a mention once more but Marky is only 25 so still relatively young. What do you get by moving him to play more youth? Not sure I see this angle. He’s a valuable piece of our puzzle IMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we are looking to clear roster space from the D mids, Fraser by a loan out or otherwise would be my suggestion. If we are moving to a movable 2 man D mid line with Bradley playing higher up the pitch, I just don't see Fraser as the sub for those D mids or for Bradley.

Nobody is moving Oso - he's cemented now in as a leader of this team and the captain once Bradley retires. He said himself his defensive skills vastly improved last year.

Delgado to me it the best example of a pressing mid we have.

That having been said - NONE of these guys are fast. Apart from Laryea & Gallardo & to a certain extent, the Shaff, we is sloooooooooooooooooooowww.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t trade Delgado right now, the problem with the kids is that they really don’t want to be here for more than a stepping stone. Quite frankly, in wanting to see Canada perform better, it is probably best for them.

If you are moving Delgado, you better get the equivalent for him at another position (which wont be easy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although it feels a little bit heavy, I’m in favour of having a bit of extra depth in central midfield.

There needs to be more rotation in that spot than what Vanney did in the past. That late game sub for a CB was flawed. It should have almost always been a CM instead (if you believe conventional wisdom).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not saying we SHOULD do it just that it’s likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Unlikely. If Priso is the real deal, he will not be here for more than a year or two. Marky should be kept not traded. The only "young" one who is likely to stay is Fraser. If we thin out the midfield with a trade it is likely to be Fraser who goes not Marky.
    Fraser has no trade value. Marky has a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I think it’s worth a mention once more but Marky is only 25 so still relatively young. What do you get by moving him to play more youth? Not sure I see this angle. He’s a valuable piece of our puzzle IMO.
    You get a starting CB and a good back up LB. possibly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    When Camillo Sanvezzo was still in Malta, I emailed TFC about him because a) he'd scored 49 goals in 50 games for his Maltese club, which low level or not is an insane return, and b) he'd done similar numbers at EVERY club he'd been at. He was a dead cert. Not that it helped, as football clubs tend, for good reason, not to scout based on fan picks.)
    We should of had you on payroll scouting. We were supposedly offered first crack at him. Passed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Delgado is a kid - he's 25 and just coming into his prime - it would be ludacris to trade him now, especially after seeing how important he was to our lineup last season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Delgado is a kid - he's 25 and just coming into his prime - it would be ludacris to trade him now, especially after seeing how important he was to our lineup last season.
    He is the key component to making our midfield function. We suffer more with Delgado out than Poz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree about Marky's value to the club. But we are at the salary cap apparently, and need pace, scoring ability, a LB and a number 2 or 3 CB. Where will those come from? Is the club balanced right now with Poz, Oso, Marky, MB, DeLeon, Fraser, Priso? If Ayo is out and Jozy risky to rely on, is Mullins enough back up? If we are playing a high line can Zavs be the number 3 CB? Can you really compete with your back up LB being a right back? Where is the pace in the midfield for a high press?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I agree about Marky's value to the club. But we are at the salary cap apparently, and need pace, scoring ability, a LB and a number 2 or 3 CB. Where will those come from? Is the club balanced right now with Poz, Oso, Marky, MB, DeLeon, Fraser, Priso? If Ayo is out and Jozy risky to rely on, is Mullins enough back up? If we are playing a high line can Zavs be the number 3 CB? Can you really compete with your back up LB being a right back? Where is the pace in the midfield for a high press?
    If I had to make hard choices here I would say goodbye to Bradley, Fraser, & DeLeon. More cap space from Bradley and if we're talking pace then he and Fraser have the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rather than go the round about route, why not just trade Omar and pick up a replacement? That to me makes the most sense and I would bet a few observant GM’s around the league have already made calls knowing how we want to play. You hold on, we risk making him appear worse that he is, asking him to play on a system outside his capabilities.

I think the midfield thing sorts itself out and they make some adjustments. Almost go time for Okello too, if he’s ready, just another piece we have to figure out what to do with.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 03-03-2021 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do still also have atleast one Young Money slot that should, in my opinion, be used on a defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everybody is talking about making moves,the problem is we got conservative curtis and we are a big club manning running this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    everybody is talking about making moves,the problem is we got conservative curtis and we are a big club manning running this club.
    I dunno man - if you look at the moves Bez made under Manning in 2015/16 with Beita, Moor, Clint, and Johnson and again in 2017/18 with Aketxe, Van Der Weil, Auro, and later Janson.

So, I am not sure we can blame Manning.

This is on Ali Curtis.