Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 510 of 2112
  1. #481
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Very good point re: Florida.

    Maybe Kamal Miller is a trade piece? Non-flashy LB (also can play some CB to my understanding). He’s basically the younger version of Justin Morrow, plus Canadian.

    Also seems to be their 2nd choice option. Might be a good stop-gap solution for us until we figure out what the future of that spot is.
    Didn’t Miller already get traded to Montreal before the draft?

  2. #482
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Was there not some noise earlier about Jozy wanting to become part-owner of some team out west?
    Maybe that is where he wants to be shipped to.

  3. #483
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,898
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Didn’t Miller already get traded to Montreal before the draft?
    You’re right, totally forgot about that

  4. #484
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,403
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here is an interesting name for the Reds to look at, Jizz Hornkamp. The striker had quite the second half yesterday in The Netherlands, netting four goals in the final 38 minutes.






    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  5. #485
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Orlando would be intriguing as they really don't have a central forward with any strength.
    Daryl Dike?

  6. #486
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don’t know why, and I could I obviously be very wrong but this gives me the feeling of “hey look at my left hand, meanwhile the right is up to no good”.

    I expect nothing to come from this at all - more a distraction from the fact that the team has been inactive and the marquee move of the offseason is downgrading the coach to Chris Armas.

  7. #487
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Here is an interesting name for the Reds to look at, Jizz Hornkamp. The striker had quite the second half yesterday in The Netherlands, netting four goals in the final 38 minutes.





    i would sign him just because of his name

  8. #488
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I don’t know why, and I could I obviously be very wrong but this gives me the feeling of “hey look at my left hand, meanwhile the right is up to no good”.

    I expect nothing to come from this at all - more a distraction from the fact that the team has been inactive and the marquee move of the offseason is downgrading the coach to Chris Armas.
    i agree conservative curtis is not capable of making bold moves he has had months and done nothing,i hope im wrong,this club needs some fresh blood

  9. #489
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Juan G. Arango
    @JuanG_ArangoTV
    ·
    5h
    I don’t see
    @TorontoFC
    getting Borré. He wants to stay at River and they want to extend his contract. That said, he also said that if he were to leave in the future, he’d go to
    @premierleague
    or
    @SerieA_EN
    [
    @RiverLPM

  10. #490
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am sure TFC is showing Borre recent examples of teams from top 5 leagues plundering MLS for talent. The league is being heavily scouted by European teams now.

  11. #491
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Juan G. Arango
    @JuanG_ArangoTV
    ·
    5h
    I don’t see
    @TorontoFC
    getting Borré. He wants to stay at River and they want to extend his contract. That said, he also said that if he were to leave in the future, he’d go to
    @premierleague
    or
    @SerieA_EN
    [
    @RiverLPM
    Like most other players, he will follow $$.

  12. #492
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Like most other players, he will follow $$.
    exactly. Every player ever would rather try their hand in Europe, but not if it means giving up millions. If I as a fan of TFC would choose Italy over Toronto for the same money then its obvious where this man who probably doesn't know what Ontario is would choose. We have to deliver the offer that isn't coming from Europe or shop for different players. Gio didn't choose Toronto for it's tradition of football excellence.

  13. #493
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    16,649
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    ... Gio didn't choose Toronto for it's tradition of football excellence.
    Somewhere there is a Metro-Croatia cut of the "Get Jermaine here" demo tape...

  14. #494
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Frozen Swampland
    Posts
    17,089
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If there is a winter transfer for Jozy, its gotta be today unless hes off to Mexico. I just dont see another MLS team trading for Jozy even if TFC picks up part of his wages.

    As for Borre, my gut feeling says he comes at the end of this summer when hes explored his options for Europe if he comes to TFC at all.

  15. #495
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a offseason like no other

  16. #496
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    exactly. Every player ever would rather try their hand in Europe, but not if it means giving up millions. If I as a fan of TFC would choose Italy over Toronto for the same money then its obvious where this man who probably doesn't know what Ontario is would choose. We have to deliver the offer that isn't coming from Europe or shop for different players. Gio didn't choose Toronto for it's tradition of football excellence.
    I have been saying this all along. Toronto is not a destination club. The only way we can attract players is to pay more than anyone else.

  17. #497
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is hard to picture Jozy going to Europe unless he has been able to fully recover from 2020 and get match ready since mid November - perhaps he has, given the positive news out of USMNT training camp, but he would have to be game fit to a European level right now - for this kind of transfer a player has to make an immediate impact.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 02-01-2021 at 01:18 PM.

  18. #498
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jozy to Mexico is pretty much the only scenario I can see happening at this point.

  19. #499
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    695
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Jozy to Mexico is pretty much the only scenario I can see happening at this point.

    With the season starting so late, not the end of the world if anything happens right now except CCL. I am wondering if Jozy's knock was real at all and they just didn't want to take any chances before midnight tonight. Additionally if nothing happens there is a bit of an added benefit of waiting until the summer, collective bargaining contract is settled, where we play is settled and other contracts expired. The only real issue is if the club as it currently sits could get through Hamilton and then a first round of CCL before reinforcements. I don't think so.

  20. #500
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,837
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Jozy to Mexico is pretty much the only scenario I can see happening at this point.
    Orlando loaned Dike to Barnsley so maybe there. We would probably have to foot a chunk of his salary and take basically nothing in return for it to go down.

  21. #501
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I have been saying this all along. Toronto is not a destination club. The only way we can attract players is to pay more than anyone else.
    Toronto is a world class city and many football players would be extremely excited to live and work here, HUGE BUT, not at the expense of reaching the highest levels of football. If TFC offer a contract to a player and anywhere near the same contract exists in Europe, that player would be insane to choose MLS. As a player you have to bet on yourself that if you go to Europe (even lower leagues) you're a good stretch of play away from being bought by Wolves or Montpellier or Hoffenheim or whoever. The leverage we seem to have is what occured with Pozuelo - where he had already had the Premier League opportunity, and was at the point in his career where he needed to take top dollar over more opportunity.

  22. #502
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I could see Jozy going to Orlando now that Dike is gone. In fact, I'd be amazed if they let Dike go without a direct replacement lined up. I can see the right team (Orlando) paying him ~3 million. The issue is going to be the difference and whether that comes off our salary budget. I think the other obvious option is him going to Mexico. But he's not going to want to play a depth role anywhere he goes. His ego is way too big and he wants to play for the USMNT.

    It's an ideal scenario for Orlando if they do it. If Jozy doesn't work out then Dike comes back in the summer. If Dike doesn't come back then they'll have millions to cover Jozy's failures and sign a replacement.
    Last edited by portu; 02-01-2021 at 03:36 PM.

  23. #503
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    16,649
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Akinola getting sniffs....12 months out from end of contract.

  24. #504
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Akinola getting sniffs....12 months out from end of contract.
    getting kinda late,,window is closing soon,he would be able to sign in june with another club and go on a free

  25. #505
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    getting kinda late,,window is closing soon,he would be able to sign in june with another club and go on a free
    I tend to see the reports of sniffs as usually coming from the player's agent. Might be looking for a better deal - but Europe should be watching. He has some really intriguing qualities.

  26. #506
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Akinola getting sniffs....12 months out from end of contract.
    Surely Curtis and Manning wouldn't let a contract like that run down? Oh wait

  27. #507
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    16,649
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Surely Curtis and Manning wouldn't let a contract like that run down? Oh wait

    Apart from Seba, who are we talking about here for them letting a contract run down?

  28. #508
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I could see Jozy going to Orlando now that Dike is gone. In fact, I'd be amazed if they let Dike go without a direct replacement lined up. I can see the right team (Orlando) paying him ~3 million. The issue is going to be the difference and whether that comes off our salary budget. I think the other obvious option is him going to Mexico. But he's not going to want to play a depth role anywhere he goes. His ego is way too big and he wants to play for the USMNT.

    It's an ideal scenario for Orlando if they do it. If Jozy doesn't work out then Dike comes back in the summer. If Dike doesn't come back then they'll have millions to cover Jozy's failures and sign a replacement.
    I can see him accepting a sub role if its America or Tigres. Even he has to understand his options are limited at this point

  29. #509
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    I can see him accepting a sub role if its America or Tigres. Even he has to understand his options are limited at this point
    He compared himself to Lewandowski last week. I don't think we'll see him on the bench voluntarily at his next club.

  30. #510
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,898
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For sake of not piling on the guy any more, let’s give him a pass on that one. He could have meant that any in number of ways as opposed to using the comparison to elevate this stature.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •