Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2112
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    LAG spent $250K in allocation for that guy, plus signed him to a 5 year contract (that length is unheard of in MLS).

Vanney might have known him but LAG spent stupid money on this deal.
    So with that transfer fee is he a DP, or does the 5 year deal negate him being one, is expected to step in this yearend perform? Is this the type of deal that has a sell on in mind?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galaxy announced him as a young DP.

Anyways. I posted that not to discuss the merits of the player but of the impact of Vanney leaving on scouting, new DP etc etc
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 04-08-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember at one point there was a rule that if your DP goes down injured for the whole season you can sign like a 'half-year' DP during the summer window (meaning, your allowed to re-use your DP spot). So for instance using this rule, Atlanta would've been able to replace Josef Martinez last year if they'd wanted to (I don't know what happens to the status of the original DP, but anyway).

Anyone know if this rule is still in effect? If so, we could use it to replace Altidore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear we may never see him again out there.

If Altidore is out for weeks, if I am TFC I am looking for an insurance settlement. (Those with long memories will recall that's how the Frings era ended.)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I fear we may never see him again out there.

If Altidore is out for weeks, if I am TFC I am looking for an insurance settlement. (Those with long memories will recall that's how the Frings era ended.)
    I'm still concerned about why Osorio and Pozuelo didn't play. If you look at what various coaches say about the high press, they value strong, two-way players more than technique. I'm not saying we can't play it with them in key roles, more that THEY might worry about it and not want to buy into it.

Less so Osorio, who has played two-way football really well lately but obviously prefers the technical stuff. Pozuelo doesn't seem like a press player to me; maybe I'm wrong there but we'd almost be better playing him as a false 9 with two inverted wingers than as a midfielder.

I noticed the Mexican papers were complimentary about our pressure and creating some early chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm still concerned about why Osorio and Pozuelo didn't play. If you look at what various coaches say about the high press, they value strong, two-way players more than technique. I'm not saying we can't play it with them in key roles, more that THEY might worry about it and not want to buy into it.

Less so Osorio, who has played two-way football really well lately but obviously prefers the technical stuff. Pozuelo doesn't seem like a press player to me; maybe I'm wrong there but we'd almost be better playing him as a false 9 with two inverted wingers than as a midfielder.

I noticed the Mexican papers were complimentary about our pressure and creating some early chances.
    In my opinion, if they had been in the lineup Osorio was Priso and Pozuelo was Okello.

Neither covered as much ground as some of their teammates but both still put in some work. I don’t think we have to be too concerned yet.

The striker position is where I lose my lunch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't Pozo play as a false nine for couple of games last season? IIRC it didn't work well.

They remember TFC's CCL run in 2018
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the idea that Poz & Osorio are not into the press has even less weight then the idea that Jozy was not into it.

We saw that Jozy was into it even though he wasn't speaking to the media

Both Osorio & Poz have spoken to the media & said they like it.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-09-2021 at 03:03 PM. Reason: two meanings for the word press - clarity fix

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look at what various coaches say about the high press, they value strong, two-way players more than technique.
    Most teams that use the press and are successful offensively have a few technically gifted players in the attacking end. It Armas does the RB thing then the goal is to create a fast turnover in the offensive end, distribute to creative player, then that guy distributes or makes his own opportunity. If the team is full of strong, two way players with no technique you get last years Red Bulls or almost every year SKC.

The best RB teams I remember had one or both of BWP & Henry playing and neither of them pressed hard but both had technique and a knack for goals. You can always work that out tactically and I am sure Poz likes it because it will give him chances unlike our slow motion, snail pace build up that allowed everyone to low block us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ The thing about Pozuelo is he loves to gamble on the early, quick pass.

This system suits him perfectly and is not dissimilar to how he played in Belgium to my understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest acquisition for TFC this off season might be getting another reporter on the TFC beat. Good to see Molinaro back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

The biggest acquisition for TFC this off season might be getting another reporter on the TFC beat. Good to see Molinaro back.
    The Athletic ? That would be his most likely landing spot in my eyes unless one of the dailies has stepped up.This will certainly give us the boost in coverage that we have been lacking of late. Nothing against the Waking The Reds guys, they are just not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 04-09-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is excellent news.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The Athletic ? That would be his most likely landing spot in my eyes unless one of the dailies has stepped up.This will certainly give us the boost in coverage that we have been lacking of late. Nothing against the Waking The Reds guys, they are just not my cup of tea.
    Really hope this is the case. I’ve been really disappointed with Kloke’s lack of TFC coverage over the last few years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John with the Athletic would be great - Kloke has significantly reduced his TFC work in the last 3 weeks to the point where the Marlies get more articles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The Waking the Red guys are alright, you just gotta keep in mind that they are fanboys who have media credentials. Although it is getting to the point that their obsession with underage players lately might put them on some government watchlists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great signing...tam or DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John has actual info already. Maybe it isn't that hard.

Jozy is heading for an MRI.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...142349824?s=20
    Last edited by MikeForbes; 04-09-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man we have missed him. Great news.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    John already has actual info already. Maybe it isn't that hard.

Jozy is heading for an MRI.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...142349824?s=20
    its time too move on from jozy,,pay him to stay home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro back is the best news so far this year!

With all the journalist layoffs, it really is an off-season to remember, just not in a good way.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 04-09-2021 at 04:15 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    John with the Athletic would be great - Kloke has significantly reduced his TFC work in the last 3 weeks to the point where the Marlies get more articles.
    Ever since Kurt left The Sun, John from Sportsnet and The Star has for all intents and purpose dropping TFC coverage, it has really dropped off overall. In regards to Josh not surprised at all with both the Leafs and Marlies playing at home, there is an actually a beat including games to cover. Plus it's the Leafs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The Waking the Red guys are alright, you just gotta keep in mind that they are fanboys who have media credentials. Although it is getting to the point that their obsession with underage players lately might put them on some government watchlists.
    They’re doing better than alright, they’re putting out quality stuff. The problem is none of it is really hard hitting or asking any serious questions of the club. You definitely get the sense that they’re scared that if they ask the obvious and tough questions (i.e Jozy made of glass and where is the DP) they might lose access.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    They’re doing better than alright, they’re putting out quality stuff. The problem is none of it is really hard hitting or asking any serious questions of the club. You definitely get the sense that they’re scared that if they ask the obvious and tough questions (i.e Jozy made of glass and where is the DP) they might lose access.
    I don’t understand why, in a sea of guys who are willing to twist in the wind for access, someone doesn’t step out and actually and go another route.

You could actually write something to differentiate your content as opposed to being the twelfth reporter in line to get some tidbit from a management team that’s pretty tight fisted with information anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don’t understand why, in a sea of guys who are willing to twist in the wind for access, someone doesn’t step out and actually and go another route.

You could actually write something to differentiate your content as opposed to being the twelfth reporter in line to get some tidbit from a management team that’s pretty tight fisted with information anyway
    A lot just never get it. They have bad instructors, poor editors, poor assignment editors. A lot of reporters are led by the nose from day one; there's no real enterprise there, as they're already overworked and underpaid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any news on Jozy, or who will be playing up front on Wednesday?..... as we would say Crickets.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Any news on Jozy, or who will be playing up front on Wednesday?..... as we would say Crickets.
    Has gone in for an MRI, we have learned nothing beyond that ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great that Molinaro is back. I guess he missed the beat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, would anyone take Pellegrini as a third DP on loan or in a low-ball trade with Miami? Not too familiar with him - he sucked last season but seems to have characteristics that TFC lack. Seems like the sort of low-hanging fruit that might appeal to Curtis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    At this point, would anyone take Pellegrini as a third DP on loan or in a low-ball trade with Miami? Not too familiar with him - he sucked last season but seems to have characteristics that TFC lack. Seems like the sort of low-hanging fruit that might appeal to Curtis.
    I wouldn't. Manning had a quote earlier today about not being overly interested in a Young DP because it would block our own young players. Looks very likely whoever that 3rd DP is will probably be 25-30 years old.