Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2112
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    I'm for it if it works.. but I still think it rests on the assumption that Bradley in 2021 can do what he did in 2015, and that the solution is not just to play Bradley less when his legs can't handle it. We have young CM, CDM who can run for days, young wingers who can run for days, and a #10 who prefers that position, and is the best in the league. It feels like we're once again trying to bend the team to Bradley, when the rational solution may be to bend Bradley to the team.

I am totally ok with being wrong on this but think Delgado, Osorio as CDMs (Osorio drifting forward) with Pozuelo as the CAM is the ideal midfield 3.
    I think the days of midfield 3 are over. I think we'll be using a 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I think it speaks to the fact we need Bradley to go 110% when he’s on the field and there can’t be any expectations of playing every minute of every game.

We should use our depth in this position to our advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Manning will be on Waking the Reds live broadcast/podcast they do today at 12pm. From what I gather from their work it will probably just be an hour of talking about players who aren't of legal drinking age, but they might ask about the DP situation at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Bill Manning will be on Waking the Reds live broadcast/podcast they do today at 12pm. From what I gather from their work it will probably just be an hour of talking about players who aren't of legal drinking age, but they might ask about the DP situation at some point.
    If they don't talk/press the issue about signings then it's just ring kissing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The likely discussion points

a) Fraser
    b) Other young people
    c) Uniforms
    d) safe standing
    e) Fraser
    f) WC 2026
    g) Fraser

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Osorio dropped from the CanMNT because of an injury he picked up on Sunday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally, the Waking the Red guys never ask the hard question, it seems like they do not even have the desire to. They even been involved with Footy Talks and you can see where they have positioned themselves. There is a real opportunity, especially with the landscape we currently have to give TFC some good coverage here and its being missed.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The likely discussion points

a) Fraser
    b) Other young people
    c) Uniforms
    d) safe standing
    e) Fraser
    f) WC 2026
    g) Fraser

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know how to link to the broadcast on mobile? I can’t seem to get it to open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very brief summary of Manning on the podcast:

- Didn't sign anyone because they think their young players will all break out at once.

- Recruiting is hard, can't go see players in person. Might be open to signing an older player on a short term deal. Doesn't sound like they are remotely close to getting a DP.

- Mullinho is likely to score 25+ goals this year.

- Some random talk about kits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like a throw away season,im ok with playing the young players,jus stop pushing we are a big club,a offseason like no other we are going for trophies bull crap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    looks like a throw away season,im ok with playing the young players,jus stop pushing we are a big club,a offseason like no other we are going for trophies bull crap
    We’ll buy when it makes sense. The reality is, no amount of money would get us a CB we would be happy with. It’s why it’s so important to give youth a chance and accept they would make mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The odds of all of JMR, Nelson, Priso and Okello being as good as the hype are very slim. If even two of them reach that lofty potential we should be thankful.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Didn't sign anyone because they think their young players will all break out at once.

Every year, MLS teams go into the first week saying their assets are great, guys are doing wonderful in trainng, people are up for it etc. etc. etc.

Objects that look good in training camp do not necessarily look good under actual game conditions

I believe the buy in for the new system.

I am having a hard time believing this group is going to be successful at a new system out of the gate during Covid with a preseason disrupted by a trip to Mexico & a covid outbreak

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Recruiting is hard, can't go see players in person. Might be open to signing an older player on a short term deal. Doesn't sound like they are remotely close to getting a DP.

- Mullinho is likely to score 25+ goals this year.

- Some random talk about kits.
    Wow, I think that completely justified a long term contract and raise.

EDIT - Maybe they earned it, maybe they see something we don't but timing on doing it was soooooo stupid, New Coke type stupid. Which then leads me to think they really don't care what fans think and lets cross our fingers and hope for a everything goes our ay type of year. But Achara, Akinola and now Osorio injured.....UGGGGH!
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 03-23-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The odds of all of JMR, Nelson, Priso and Okello being as good as the hype are very slim. If even two of them reach that lofty potential we should be thankful.
    Absolutely. I think Manning is very much towing the party line here.

On the one hand I’m sympathetic but on the other I’m frustrated cause there is nothing insightful or interesting to be gleamed out of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recruiting is hard, can't go see players in person. Might be open to signing an older player on a short term deal. Doesn't sound like they are remotely close to getting a DP.
    oh bill...life is rough

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recruiting is hard, can't go see players in person. Might be open to signing an older player on a short term deal. Doesn't sound like they are remotely close to getting a DP.
    oh bill...life is rough

Never have I been so disappointed in a leadership team, apology in advance to anyone who has, including Ali and Manning but, this isn't hard. People losing loved ones through Covid is hard, people who have lost their jobs is hard, people who have kids struggling at home is hard. Thankfully, so far I have been able to avoid these and I feel blessed. Manning's hard is an excuse, tbh they aren't working hard enough. I would have rather him be honest and say... we decided to wait, the environment is not right, right now, the guys we want are not available or unlikely to sign, or we are still trying, to not show your hand and so we are going to try to accelerate with the kids (at least there is honesty). Wow, I just have no words, looking like the Leafs so quickly. They are soooo dumb, MLSE are going to lose a ton of the Raptors fan base in the next two years, a winning TFC team keeps some of them in cross marketing. One DP signing, isn't even a role player in the NBA.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 03-23-2021 at 02:36 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The telling thing to me will be the lineup on the 7th vs Leon, how many of the kids are thrown out there, thus will CCL be a win at all costs things in the eyes of the coaches and management? If we see a lineup similar to the opening match in 2019 that will tell us a lot about the approach and how things are being looked at.

Every year, MLS teams go into the first week saying their assets are great, guys are doing wonderful in trainng, people are up for it etc. etc. etc.

Objects that look good in training camp do not necessarily look good under actual game conditions

I am having a hard time believing this group is going to be successful at a new system out of the gate during Covid with a preseason disrupted by a trip to Mexico & a covid outbreak

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did manning talk about bmo at all in ref to standing in the south end and doing something in the horrid north end,it would of been the perfect time to make the changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with injury prone guys like mavinga and gonzo,how close are we to having a cb combo of dunn and zava?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did manning talk about bmo at all in ref to standing in the south end and doing something in the horrid north end,it would of been the perfect time to make the changes.
    That is not even on the table right now, MLSE even with the approval of the city will not be spending cash on things like than until their is an uptick in revenue, thus fans in the stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with injury prone guys like mavinga and gonzo,how close are we to having a cb combo of dunn and zava?
    I’ve had that nightmare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Didn't sign anyone because they think their young players will all break out at once".

What fantasy world is this guy living in?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How likely in 2021 that at least one of JMR, Nelson, Priso and Okello get at least 1,000 minutes of action in 2021? I would even throw Julian Dunn into this mix on this one. I think Peruzza is a separate discussion, as in my eyes it would not take much to see him get a solid look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    How likely in 2021 that at least one of JMR, Nelson, Priso and Okello get at least 1,000 minutes of action in 2021? I would even throw Julian Dunn into this mix on this one. I think Peruzza is a separate discussion, as in my eyes it would not take much to see him get a solid look.
    i for one would really be pissed if mullinlo got more playing time than peruzza

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    One DP signing, isn't even a role player in the NBA.
    Unfortunately this is not how MLSE runs TFC anymore. Leiweke had the fans backs when he was here and got TFC a budget even when there was no return on investment in terms of money. He was in a sense our sole owner with a passion for TFC, he got DP players, upgraded grass, new roof, championship, he did a lot of great things.

The new MLSE CEO is your standard corporate bean counter. If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    "Didn't sign anyone because they think their young players will all break out at once".

What fantasy world is this guy living in?
    Well, there is a small percentage of the fanbase (mostly the WTR guys) who believe that TFC should be a u-23 team who just develops players for the MNT.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The telling thing to me will be the lineup on the 7th vs Leon, how many of the kids are thrown out there, thus will CCL be a win at all costs things in the eyes of the coaches and management? If we see a lineup similar to the opening match in 2019 that will tell us a lot about the approach and how things are being looked at.

Yeh, that will be at first but I think this team doesn't settle until June/July. We will be a playoff team but 2nd in the Supporter's Shield again or around there? Unlikely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    That's the guy from Betis, right? He's good, but not a striker.
    Yes, that's correct. Based on what is being discussed after the Manning interview i think he might fit the bill (older). Probably going to rely on our existing strikers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, in person visits to players may be much more possible now that the team is heading to Florida. No more 14 day quarantine periods to deal with. If Curtis feels comfortable traveling to Argentina during a pandemic to talk with Borré, it is much less complicated now.