Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey it's better than the Paul Mariner report(Wikipedia).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumors are that KJ from TSN was let go..... If true this is terrible news for everyone in my opinion he is the best soccer analyst we have in Canada. This makes no sense the coverage is already thin why get rid of the best in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. KJ along will a whole cast of other Bell employees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its mullins bday today let be grateful we still have him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Rumors are that KJ from TSN was let go..... If true this is terrible news for everyone in my opinion he is the best soccer analyst we have in Canada. This makes no sense the coverage is already thin why get rid of the best in the game.
    Hopefully Sportsnet jumps on him. He's better than anyone they have now.

When TFC matches return, we're on TSN right? So who's the new in depth analyst? Rauter?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Hopefully Sportsnet jumps on him. He's better than anyone they have now.

When TFC matches return, we're on TSN right? So who's the new in depth analyst? Rauter?
    Doubt it. Sportsnet got rid of John Molinaro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Doubt it. Sportsnet got rid of John Molinaro
    If I have to listen to Caldwell even more I’ll probably puncture my ear drums with a fucking screwdriver!
    Is there anyway to get Sky here legally?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the fact they got rid of there best soccer guy,shows they dont give crap about soccer,i would not be shocked if tsn have no futbol on the network in 2 yrs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    its mullins bday today let be grateful we still have him.
    Two GOATs share a birthday. Cristiano Ronaldo and Mullinho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    This is absolutely the worst off-season ever.
    Likely followed by one of our worst seasons ever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too soon to go this negative. If they are holding back firepower, and a bunch of Ligue Un teams fail or there is a lockout, they'll be better off not having done something in January.

We need to see what happens.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Too soon to go this negative. If they are holding back firepower, and a bunch of Ligue Un teams fail or there is a lockout, they'll be better off not having done something in January.

One thing people should have realized by now is that the Manning /Curtis regime does not leak any info before the MLS transfer window begins. It's been the same for the last two and the same complaining about doing nothing has come up. This is their way. We see nothing until they want it announced and they just don't do it early because they don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

They may also have inside league info on late start date etc. If the league doesn't kick off until June or July, a lot of teams will wish they'd waited for the mid-season euro transfer window, when better players who aren't getting playing time are exposed.

Hasn't gone tits up yet.

I get the sense, and I suppose I'm guilty of it sometimes too, that people have very little faith in Curtis so far. But the jury is definitely still out. The dude hasn't failed anything yet, except maybe thinking Gallardo was ready for primetime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They may also have inside league info on late start date etc. If the league doesn't kick off until June or July, a lot of teams will wish they'd waited for the mid-season euro transfer window, when better players who aren't getting playing time are exposed.

Hasn't gone tits up yet.

I get the sense, and I suppose I'm guilty of it sometimes too, that people have very little faith in Curtis so far. But the jury is definitely still out. The dude hasn't failed anything yet, except maybe thinking Gallardo was ready for primetime.
    Agree with that. From what I've been hearing a lot of owners don't want there to be a season until there's fans in stands because it costs too much money to run with nothing coming in. If so and they delay it until summer then all these teams jumping the gun might regret acting so fast. If a FO has sense then you would expect them to do nothing until the CBA is signed as it doesn't look too good saying "We lost $1Bn. We can't afford to operate" and then have Cinci of all teams dropping $15-ish million on a forward. It's not a good look.

I can't say I have faith in Curtis or don't have faith in him either. So far, he's done well but he isn't a likeable type and he makes decisions at a glacial pace. On one hand, I doubt we'll ever panic buy with him in charge. However, I could see us lose out on a target from him doing 5-6 rounds of due dilligence and a dozen interviews before deciding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Hasn't gone tits up yet.

That's actually a good point. I hadn't considered that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the rumors, but don't actually expect any DP(s) to arrive until summer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season starting April 3

My wedding anniversary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without any real data/information, we are all speculating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I love the rumors, but don't actually expect any DP(s) to arrive until summer.
    i think we will see some signings once curtis is done with the interview process with Morrow only 5 more interviews to go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our roster is in much better shape than our coaching staff. With Calichman and J. Bent at al headed to LA we actually need more coaches than we do players.

In a little over a year the loss of Fraser, Vanney and the 3 announced this week are in my mind the biggest hole to fill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    Our roster is in much better shape than our coaching staff. With Calichman and J. Bent at al headed to LA we actually need more coaches than we do players.

In a little over a year the loss of Fraser, Vanney and the 3 announced this week are in my mind the biggest hole to fill.
    Seems to me like we need a number of new players, unless we are just taking the risk of playing all the kids.
    +2 centre backs
    +2 outside backs
    +2 wingers or alternatively any other holes made necessary by formation change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Seems to me like we need a number of new players, unless we are just taking the risk of playing all the kids.
    +2 centre backs
    +2 outside backs
    +2 wingers or alternatively any other holes made necessary by formation change
    One of each most certainly, TAM level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Ricardo Ferreira, a CB out of contract at FC Farense. Just declared for Canada and not too expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Maybe Ricardo Ferreira, a CB out of contract at FC Farense. Just declared for Canada and not too expensive.
    He’s just recovering from an injury and there are concerns that he might not bounce back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    He’s just recovering from an injury and there are concerns that he might not bounce back.
    Was not that the same with Piatti? And the guy is just 28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the impracticalities of making signings right now. Especially for Canadian teams that need to deal with a border situation. But we’re still too tentative in my books. Time goes on, other issues arise, and our list of things to do grows even more.

2022 Pozuelo is in the last year of his contract. For all we know he forces the team’s hand for an extension after this year or demands a sale. If his agent was willing to test Genk to get here, why not test us to get what he wants again?

So the question is... do you want to actually show your best player, that we are trying to sell on a contract extension, what this team can look like with the best pieces around him for a full year? Or, do we want to wait till summer and shorten that timeline to six months and deal with all those potential pitfalls of match fitness, not having a training camp with teammates, etc..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Was not that the same with Piatti? And the guy is just 28.
    Sure, but Piatti was lucky, how often can we be that lucky? Hasn’t worked out with Altidore. Not sure it’s worth the risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have we now moved from the world of speculation to that of superstition?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta be careful with Pozuelo. We all love him, but he did chase money to join us. He could do it again if the Saudi's offer him something crazy like they did with Giovinco. I hope his take on Saudi Arabia being a bad place for his family still stands.