Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 2112
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    I mean Pozuelo falls under "last couple of years" doesn't he? But if you mean a smaller signing Laryea has to be up there too. Not to take away from Westberg at all - he might be my favorite goalie we've ever had.
    I think I meant astute move - ooops - yes Poz was the best.

1. Poz
    2. Westberg
    3. Gonzalez

I think Laryea just fell into our lap - he was on the trash heap from Orlando.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now Borré is supposedly heading to Palmeiras in June.

https://twitter.com/TNTSportsAR/stat...911726086?s=20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shut up and go,,,im sick of this guy already,a different story every day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    shut up and go,,,im sick of this guy already,a different story every day
    True. Let's get back to all that TFC transfer news that doesn't seem to exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im more concerned about other spots on the roster a LB and CB,we dont have a starting LB back on the roster.
    its obvious borre agent is trying to squeeze every penny out of tfc.i doubt he makes anywhere 4mil in BRZ.its just a game right now.
    Last edited by reggie; 02-23-2021 at 01:20 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting bit in that Beezer story about Morrow being injured.

Starting LB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Interesting bit in that Beezer story about Morrow being injured.

Starting LB?
    lets what im saying ..morrow is not a starter,he has had calf issues for 3 years,morrow is a great guy finish his career in toronto and have a job in the FO next year signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im more concerned about other spots on the roster a LB and CB,we dont have a starting LB back on the roster.
    From what I’ve read it sounds like the intention is to play Morrow with the new draftee as backup. Sounds like pretty thin coverage to me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I don't really see how this was outside the market norm. We negotiated with Poz, agreed to a contract, and told Genk we're going to acquire him by exercising the release clause. That's how transfers happen these days, you agree to terms with the player then negotiate with the team.
    You need permission from the team before speaking with the player and his agent. Otherwise its tampering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    From what I’ve read it sounds like the intention is to play Morrow with the new draftee as backup. Sounds like pretty thin coverage to me.
    Morrow is not even ready to train yet because of his calf,i doubt the collage kid is ready,its lareya or auro on the left side,jus another fail for curtis so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    You need permission from the team before speaking with the player and his agent. Otherwise its tampering.
    Here's a piece from the Athletic from a few months ago. Even if that's the way you're supposed to do it, teams and agents don't really follow those rules. https://theathletic.com/2087716/2020...es-agent-fees/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 year contract only for Morrow - I'm thinking he got an offer for 2022 from the club for some role somewhere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 year contract only for Morrow - I'm thinking he got an offer for 2022 from the club for some role somewhere.
    I am very pleased if that is true.

He is a big part of our DNA. I feared he would follow Vanney to LA or Bez to Columbus (particularly the latter - he is from Cleveland)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a piece from the Athletic from a few months ago. Even if that's the way you're supposed to do it, teams and agents don't really follow those rules. https://theathletic.com/2087716/2020...es-agent-fees/
    Teams negotiate with players without permission to make contact all the time.

Actually signing the player without contacting the club is unheard of.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see Morrow moving into the front office after his playing career. Hopefully that does happen here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am very pleased if that is true.

He is a big part of our DNA. I feared he would follow Vanney to LA or Bez to Columbus (particularly the latter - he is from Cleveland)
    I read somewhere his wife has some kind of important job here in Toronto. Probably played a role in him not heading to the others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benezet.
    Whom Curtis openly screwed. He had an appearance renewal clause and they played him one less game than it took to kick in. They also told him he was staying, so he started making arrangements for his spouse to live and work in Canada.

It's just bad business. You run into these cats in media all the time, businessmen who are successful in one field or area and then move into a larger role, and think they still have such authority that their prospective partners will laugh off using underhanded tactics. It never goes well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but look at Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp. You get caught tapping up, as was the case with us, and in the big leagus you pay biiiig fines. Eventually, both the players association and FIFA will ask MLS to do the same.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavs resigned - 1 year + option. Curtis openly says "This is a big year for him". i.e. Put up or you are gone time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I read somewhere his wife has some kind of important job here in Toronto. Probably played a role in him not heading to the others.
    She's a CPA for a large company in Toronto. She probably isn't paid as much as Morrow, but their income situation is probably a lot different than a lot of other TFC players, where the player is the only one making a material income.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavs resigned - 1 year + option. Curtis openly says "This is a big year for him". i.e. Put up or you are gone time.
    Huh? This is a big year for him? He’s been here for 5 years. Wtf kind of comment is that? If you don’t know what you have in him by now, you’re lost.

What do they say about insanity again? Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As of right now our CB depth chart is:

Mavinga
    Gonzalez
    Zavaleta
    Dunn/Romeo

Not optimal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teams negotiate with players without permission to make contact all the time.

Actually signing the player without contacting the club is unheard of.
    I don't really see the issue with coming to terms with Pozuelo and then going to Genk and saying "hey we're activating the release clause." If we told Genk we were activating the release clause before coming to terms with Poz, then Poz and his agent could have squeezed us or held out for more money and we'd be screaming that we should have had a clear agreement with Poz before telling Genk we'd like acquire him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So with Justin and Zavs re-signing the overall roster is at 30 right now, with one spot open due to Rocco being away on loan. Also only 6 of 8 international spots are filled right now, so their is flexibility there too. If needed be a couple more loans could be in the cards with Gallardo mentioned as a possibility. Also depending on what the CPL does this year I could see us placing a player or two there.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavs is a #5 / #4 CB who had 1 good year at the #3 slot & got paid that wage only to fall down afterwards - remember he was a starter for most of 2017 in the 3-5-2.

At a #5 wage level, he's fine and saying this is an important year with a 1 year contract indicates he has 1 more year to show he can maybe get better before they bring in somebody else.

He's serviceable at that spot and Curtis is saying he needs to prove this year that he can stay there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People on Twitter referring to whatever is wrong with Ayo as a 'heath issue' instead of an injury has me concerned for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    People on Twitter referring to whatever is wrong with Ayo as a 'heath issue' instead of an injury has me concerned for him.
    yes we have to hear it from the US coach,god forbid we get any info from the FO,but then again curtis is busy with these huge signings today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So with Justin and Zavs re-signing the overall roster is at 30 right now, with one spot open due to Rocco being away on loan. Also only 6 of 8 international spots are filled right now, so their is flexibility there too. If needed be a couple more loans could be in the cards with Gallardo mentioned as a possibility. Also depending on what the CPL does this year I could see us placing a player or two there.
    Not sure if we have the roster spot open for Romeo. From what I understand from MLS roster rules (which are so confusing I could be wrong). I think to open the 31st roster spot, the player has to be on loan for the rest of the season. Romeo is due back July 1st. So either someone else needs to be loaned (a young guy to CPL? like Okello/Jahkeele/Shaffleburg/Dorsey/Gallardo) or Romeo gets extended.

EDIT:added potential loanees
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-23-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaff could be a guy who gets loaned out. Hopefully in an attempt to learn how to play LB.