Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
Somebody has to explain to the head office that the occasional announcement is ACTUALLY good for PR. Like, figure out a way to actually keep interest going in this team.

I fully expect that tomorrow there will be an announcement of the new coaching staff but at least 1 coaching staff member SURELY could have been announced a week ago to make the team sound like they are doing SOMETHING.

I'm not asking them to make a signing for the sake of a signing but for GAWD'S SAKE, stop acting like the fans are not interested.

Seriously, there have been more announcements about E-MLS then about a team having "an interesting off season". Yup, new coach is one thing but that was a month ago. Its Covid time and ....oh look...the Jays are making moves and they are more likely to be able to have a home game announcement before MLS does so maybe get your butt in gear and start working out how to get SOME NEWS going.

Like, maybe this brain trust thinks that we think like NYRB fans who only seem to care about the team when they can go into the stands. You've had weeks to put together a team before training camp - figure out a way to announce SOMETHING. Heck, Vancouver's big signing is their stats team.

Announce a new defence coach....a new analytics assistant. JUST GET YOURSELF LOOKING LIKE YOU ACTUALLY GIVE A DAMN BEYOND YOUR FREAKING PLANS
Totally agree. Leaving aside any aspects of the on field product, they get a failing grade from me for off field marketing and hype. The irony of team owned by the two largest media companies in the country basically hiding in the shadows is a bit much.

They need to hire someone to take care of this before we sink to RBNY levels of irrelevancy. We could sign Messi and they’d probably have a single presser on Friday at 4:30 before a long weekend.