Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I'm not persuaded Jahkeele is anywhere near ready for that level of team. I really like Ralph Prisio, he looked like he had been playing MLS for several seasons last year, but I was surprised to see his self evaluation. Of course confidence is a good thing....
    DeRO thought he could have made it at Real Madrid. I kid you not. I've never interviewed a professional athlete who didn't think he could be among the best with the right breaks.

(And I genuinely think DeRo was undervalued in his career; he could've played at the top level in Europe, if not for the top team).

I'd already heard Rutty was being scouted by Bayern eighteen months ago and I've only seen him play a couple of times. I didn't see it either, but from everything I'm reading, he's a technical marvel.

Priso reminded me of Geoff Cameron, if not in style certainly in the total ease with which he was one of the best players whenever he was on the pitch. I saw Cameron play twice at Houson and said, "well, that dude's going to the premiership right quick," and they hadn't even decided what position he was at that point. How drafters didn't see it when he came out of NCAA is beyond me. It was just screamingly obvious how he could take over a game.

I think Priso could be the same way. He has that gear, that step-up gear. Twice last season he was surrounded by swarming players and he was so calm about juking three, four dudes and laying off the perfect pass, I thought "man, this dude either flames out entirely due to overconfidence, because his thinking is that quick and smooth, or he's gone in a year."
    Last edited by jloome; 02-25-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    DeRO thought he could have made it at Real Madrid. I kid you not. I've never interviewed a professional athlete who didn't think he could be among the best with the right breaks.

(And I genuinely think DeRo was undervalued in his career; he could've played at the top level in Europe, if not for the top team).

I'd already heard Rutty was being scouted by Bayern eighteen months ago and I've only seen him play a couple of times. I didn't see it either, but from everything I'm reading, he's a technical marvel.

Priso reminded me of Geoff Cameron, if not in style certainly in the total ease with which he was one of the best players whenever he was on the pitch. I saw Cameron play twice at Houson and said, "well, that dude's going to the premiership right quick," and they hadn't even decided what position he was at that point. How drafters didn't see it when he came out of NCAA is beyond me. It was just screamingly obvious how he could take over a game.

I think Priso could be the same way. He has that gear, that step-up gear. Twice last season he was surrounded by swarming players and he was so calm about juking three, four dudes and laying off the perfect pass, I thought "man, this dude either flames out entirely due to overconfidence, because his thinking is that quick and smooth, or he's gone in a year."
    Man, jloome, can you ever write. Have you considered journalism? . I agree re Priso, he had a preternatural calm out there. Looked like he had all the time in the world. But "a year in MLS" is very confident indeed. As for deRo, the club blocking his trial at Celtic and Earle Cochrane lying about it was a low moment. DeRo said to reporters about it "what would you do if the New York Times approached you?" They should have let him have his shot. He could have been highly effective. Motivated, fit, skilled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Man, jloome, can you ever write. Have you considered journalism? . I agree re Priso, he had a preternatural calm out there. Looked like he had all the time in the world. But "a year in MLS" is very confident indeed. As for deRo, the club blocking his trial at Celtic and Earle Cochrane lying about it was a low moment. DeRo said to reporters about it "what would you do if the New York Times approached you?" They should have let him have his shot. He could have been highly effective. Motivated, fit, skilled.
    That was egregious. The worst part was that DeRo DID ask TFC, it came out later, and they literally ducked him. So he just went. I don't blame him, frankly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was egregious. The worst part was that DeRo DID ask TFC, it came out later, and they literally ducked him. So he just went. I don't blame him, frankly.
    Yes, I am with you. Mickey mouse.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing that impresses me the most about Priso is his poise under pressure. There aren't a lot of 18 year old players in MLS where the game seems to slow down when they get the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash View Post
    The thing that impresses me the most about Priso is his poise under pressure. There aren't a lot of 18 year old players in MLS where the game seems to slow down when they get the ball.
    I imagine it'll be down to personality whether we still have him next year. Euro clubs see an eighteen year old with all the tools already and that kind of poise... I mean, I'm sure they're already scouting him. It might've been why he made that comment about wanting to go sooner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine it'll be down to personality whether we still have him next year. Euro clubs see an eighteen year old with all the tools already and that kind of poise... I mean, I'm sure they're already scouting him. It might've been why he made that comment about wanting to go sooner.
    You have a point. Lets see how he does. Good for him and Canada, less so for TFC. I feel better about him than Jahkeele. Not sure why but over hype always worries me. Ruins players; Alphonso is the exception
    Last edited by MightyDM; 02-26-2021 at 05:48 PM.