Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These Vieira stories, har har har.

It's going to be someone from the 2008-2014 RSL setup. Start googling the staff and players from that team. Jeff Cassar. Miles Joseph. Kreis. CJ Brown. Nick Rimando for all I know. Manning will see everybody in Toronto as having too many attachments to Bez/Vanney, who were here before him.

That is how the world works. Guys go with people they know and trust. Manning wants to be comfortable, which means there is no way Manning is ceding this decision to the capologist. But don’t worry, Ali will be first to the mike to declare it was his hire. Manning may not even go the the press conference.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-05-2021 at 10:10 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im leaning towards the american in germany
    Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    David Wagner?

I'd be fully on board with this if it happens
    Actually I think they're talking about Steve Cherundolo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    These Vieira stories, har har har.

It's going to be someone from the 2008-2014 RSL setup. Start googling the staff and players from that team. Jeff Cassar. Miles Joseph. Kreis. CJ Brown. Nick Rimando for all I know. Manning will see everybody in Toronto as having too many attachments to Bez/Vanney, who were here before him.

That is how the world works. Guys go with people they know and trust. Manning wants to be comfortable, which means there is no way Manning is ceding this decision to the capologist. But don’t worry, Ali will be first to the mike to declare it was his hire. Manning may not even go the the press conference.

To be honest, I'm trying to think of a single Manning hire that is from his RSL past. Everything in the office has been from within or without but not RSL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Actually I think they're talking about Steve Cherundolo.
    yes it was Steve Cherundolo,its kinda funny there are 2 americans in germany in the coaching world

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    To be honest, I'm trying to think of a single Manning hire that is from his RSL past. Everything in the office has been from within or without but not RSL.
    Ali is the only hire. Whom Manning knew from the Mutiny. Which supports my view of the universe. We should look at that Mutiny team some more too. Maybe Carlos Valderrama is available.

How many meaningful management hires has Manning had to make? I give him marks for not upsetting the apple cart but everybody else still in the organization, Bent, Dichio, they were all already here in 2015 ...
    Last edited by ensco; 01-05-2021 at 10:39 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I can gather all the in office hires were internal or non RSL. If a President wanted to bring people from his past with him, that would be the place because those are the day to day people President's deal with as much as the coaching & GM staff.

https://www.torontofc.ca/club/front-office

BTW, the fact we don't know these names all that well is a good thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I can gather all the in office hires were internal or non RSL. If a President wanted to bring people from his past with him, that would be the place because those are the day to day people President's deal with as much as the coaching & GM staff.

https://www.torontofc.ca/club/front-office

BTW, the fact we don't know these names all that well is a good thing.
    There may be one or two exceptions.. but nobody is hiring people from the US for these salary/technical levels. The fact that you see mobility in these roles amongst MLS clubs does not mean you might expect to see that for us. Immigration and other challenges.

I think it’s simply untested. Manning has made one hire that matters, and it was a guy from his past. Is one data point a trend? We will find out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Honestly, maybe Vander Wiel was right.

This club has no ambition anymore. I'm not going to lie but I've lost motivation to tune into the league and TFC. Maybe it's the whole pandemic thing, but thIs club does not excite me anymore.
    I wouldn't put much stock into what he thinks. The guy loves competing in Football so much that he took a year off to be a model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, at least Phil Neville isn't being linked to the TFC job haha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this is interesting (in a "well its better then watching an attempted coup going on" sort of way)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this is interesting (in a "well its better then watching an attempted coup going on" sort of way)

But it also means Manning & Curtis had even more time to prepare for this. Earlier it was only because Vanney hadn't signed a deal yet so they 'should' have had their oars in the water but by giving the Gals permission to speak to Vanney then they knew back when Schelotto was sacked and yet we're still at least a handful of "two weeks" aways from anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should have been preparing from the point they furnished Vanney with a contract mid season and he forgot where his pen was.

Anyway, it’s not “late” yet but getting very close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Kristian Jack Twitter:
    Sources: Patrick Vieira is not under consideration to be Toronto FC head coach. Contrary to other reports the Frenchman has not been offered a contract to coach the club. The club have narrowed their search to a shortlist & will be looking to offer a contract soon. #TFCLive
    In two weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the Soccer Today podcast Rollins stated why not give the job to Jason Bent on an interim basis until they can find a head coach. This makes a lot of sense given the state of the world with Covid, and the uncertainty of where TFC will play, or when the season will even begin.

This also applies to finding a DP. Why not wait until the summer transfer window when hopefully a significant amount of the population will have been vaccinated, and when there are both more players and coaches typically available. In the interim let Bent coach the team and if he does a decent job you can make the move permanent. Given the current play off system you just need to get hot over the last 2 months anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need a manager. He needs the time to implement his system and learn what he has on the roster. A DP, I can see the case for waiting until summer if that is how you can get a better player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are now in the post-Vanney era.

Is it time to create a new thread about the manager search?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say yes because this will probably last a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    You need a manager. He needs the time to implement his system and learn what he has on the roster. A DP, I can see the case for waiting until summer if that is how you can get a better player.
    It’s also why the strongest argument to replace Vanney would be Bent. He knows the system, knows the players coming up from his time coaching TFC2. The implementation would be non existent, since he is basically using the same system as before, gradually putting in his wrinkles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diego Alonso anybody?

Bit of a shitshow in Miami but was excellent with Pachuca and Monterrey. Proven in CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Diego Alonso anybody?

Bit of a shitshow in Miami but was excellent with Pachuca and Monterrey. Proven in CCL.
    Sign him up!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I say yes because this will probably last a long time.
    Your wish is our command!

New thread here: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...manager-search
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto