Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Looks like he has only managed at the youth level, or as an assistant. I don't get what the appeal is here?
    Has been an assistant in Budesliga. His resume is no worse, likely a little more impressive than what Greg's was when he was named head coach.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 01-03-2021 at 11:49 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Looks like he has only managed at the youth level, or as an assistant. I don't get what the appeal is here?
    dont know if he wouldl be a good hire,but he has a better resume than what vanney had when he was hired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I will never forget the night where they came to BMO and parked all 11 guys – including Rooney – almost on top of their own box and literally just sat there all game. ALL GAME. They were so completely uninterested in attacking that Mavinga was even making runs into their box. The crowd started booing them for it. It was one of the most ridiculous matches I've ever seen.

And we should want that guy as our coach? After that pathetic display of 'tactics'? Never. Never never never.
    Seems like an overdose of pearl clutching to me, for what is a standard tactic that visiting teams deploy against top teams on the road. You need to watch La Liga more. Almost every game at Barca or Real Madrid involves this.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Seems like an overdose of pearl clutching to me, for what is a standard tactic that visiting teams deploy against top teams on the road. You need to watch La Liga more. Almost every game at Barca or Real Madrid involves this.
    Agreed. I have no problem with negative tactics so long as they make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    There’s a difference between sending your team out with a pragmatic plan to defend vs. parking yourself in the 18 yard box and praying for a miracle, as if you were Faroe Islands taking on Germany.

A DCU team with Rooney and Acosta isn’t exactly talentless. I think the criticism is more than fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    There’s a difference between sending your team out with a pragmatic plan to defend vs. parking yourself in the 18 yard box and praying for a miracle, as if you were Faroe Islands taking on Germany.

A DCU team with Rooney and Acosta isn’t exactly talentless. I think the criticism is more than fair.
    This is what Spurs does every game, with Kane and Son up front. And with a (so-called) genius top-flight manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duane Rollins says we have an offer out to Patrick Vieira to be our next manager.

https://twitter.com/24thminute/statu...280134657?s=20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    This is what Spurs does every game, with Kane and Son up front. And with a (so-called) genius top-flight manager.
    Sorry, but no. Spurs don't sit that deep, and then they actually try to counter, and when they do counter they do it very quickly, and when they counter very quickly they often score.

Comparing Spurs' approach now to that DC team then is like comparing a gourmet chef preparing a meal to me microwaving a can of beans for lunch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Duane Rollins says we have an offer out to Patrick Vieira to be our next manager.

https://twitter.com/24thminute/statu...280134657?s=20
    Using the draft as a deadline and not the start of the January transfer window is an MLS 1.0 move.

Fuck putting our name in the hat for MLS free agents and screw half of the January recruitment cycle, I guess we’ll find our DP in the draft.

Bush league shit. “An off season like no other” seems like slow business as usual from Curtis and co.
    Last edited by portu; 01-04-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven’t watched a Mourinho managed team in ages. I recall dour tactics but more so focused on mucking up the game in the middle third of the park rather than outright packing the 18 yard box. That, at least to me, makes sense as a tactical approach for a competitive team.

All that said, I think we need to keep in mind that winning games alone won’t broaden interest in the team. The difference between the hype behind the playoff runs in 16-17 and the quiet indifference to our run in 19, was IMO at least partially down to the Giovinco factor and a team that was less dominant.

I think our existing roster (while needing some additions) is able to win and be entertaining. Best to find a solution that’s within the culture of the team rather than reinvent the wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Sorry, but no. Spurs don't sit that deep, and then they actually try to counter, and when they do counter they do it very quickly, and when they counter very quickly they often score.

Comparing Spurs' approach now to that DC team then is like comparing a gourmet chef preparing a meal to me microwaving a can of beans for lunch.
    How different is it to park your GMC bus versus your Mercedes bus really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO no problem with Vieira as manager given the options, however I figured him to be the candidate with an expiry date out of the gate. I would be surprised to see him here come Jan 2023.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How different is it to park your GMC bus versus your Mercedes bus really?
    I've watched a lot of Spurs games this season. They do play pretty defensively, but I think part of that is how great they are on the counter. They don't have the right players to break a team down with a possession focused strategy, but they have two of the best counter attacking scorers (Kane and Son). They sit back and try to have Kane and Son get a couple chances a game, which more often than not they score on. A great example of that is their performance against Arsenal. Their performance against Liverpool was dreadful.

TFC could probably do well playing a similar way. I remember a few of the quick counter goals that Ayo scored that were assisted by Poz during the MLS is Back tourney. Quick passes and counters that got Ayo in 1v1 situations. The goals at 3:30 and 5:00 for example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHFGStOWZ_E

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This doesn’t sound right. Real leaks from involved parties say “Vieira is in final stages of negotiations to be manager.” It happens hours before the deal is done, once nothing can undo it. The motives of those doing the leaking are to curry favour with an influential journo.

But this? This particular form of leak can't possibly serve any sincere interest.

TFC wouldn’t do it until it were done, it'd be very embarrassing if he doesn’t come. No club on earth would leak this.

So Rollin's “source” is the Vieira camp. But Vieira wouldn’t do this either, if he were seriously considering it. The noise around these things is dangerous, clubs pull offers all the time.

If I were betting, this is coming from Vieira's agent, who is maybe trying to move someone else along in their negotiations .

I will stay with my bet that TFC's new manager isn’t Vieira.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-04-2021 at 01:54 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^is Vieira linked to any other jobs now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    ^is Vieira linked to any other jobs now?
    Nobody sensible would hire him. He has no options better than TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Viera’s agent is hoping to stir up an offer on home soil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Nobody sensible would hire him. He has no options better than TFC.
    Because he’s bad or just because that’s just his market at this point after how things went in Nice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Agreed. I have no problem with negative tactics so long as they make sense.
    This is how Greece won the 2004 Euro's with a very mediocre squad. Park the bus and try and win 1 - 0. It's also how Seattle won in 2016.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because he’s bad or just because that’s just his market at this point after how things went in Nice?
    Right or wrong he's developed a rep in his last 2 jobs for playing players out of position, randomly changing formations for no reason, and seeming to have no gameplan whatsoever. Maybe he is an overthinker instead of clueless but I didn't want him here based on how he was at NYCFC. From what I read from Nice it was more of the same.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I been reading Viera is posed to be the next TFC coach.

Ex Arsenal player and NYCFC coach.

Thoughts?

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GlenM View Post
    Thoughts?
    Stop reading the thread now before you discover we’ve turned every potential coaching candidate into a dim witted grifter that is hell bent on destroying our franchise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www-washingtonpost-com.cdn.a...oach-search%2F

Buried in this article is the fact that we’ve reportedly narrowed our search to 3 candidates as of today. This would conflict with Duane’s tweet. I’m gonna say Goff’s report is the more accurate one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop reading the thread now before you discover we’ve turned every potential coaching candidate into a dim witted grifter that is hell bent on destroying our franchise.
    Well that's up to MLSE TFC EXEC\management to hire someone to be the coach.

Were mentioning coaches that are being considered is what is being reported in the news.

Yes, I know Media hype (I don't typically like and\or bye it).

I'm getting the sense whoever it's no one's going to be happy anyways.

Similar to the Vanney out and people who wanted him to stay.

The coach is the coach.

We need to overall the team and get rid of players that need to go and sign others to make a another run at a championship.

A DP would be good for starters.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could hire a time traveling Arsene Wenger from 2004 and someone would have an issue with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do no expect any official announcement from TFC on the new coach signing front until Monday, January 18.
    I hope I'm wrong.
    (But if nothing happended until, and on 18th or 19th, then it's a big "f@ck off" from me to TFC management, in front with Ali.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I do no expect any official announcement from TFC on the new coach signing front until Monday, January 18.
    I hope I'm wrong.
    (But if nothing happended until, and on 18th or 19th, then it's a big "f@ck off" from me to TFC management, in front with Ali.)
    Why that date specifically?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

urrrgghhh...If we get Viera as manager, we'll have a couple decent seasons then he will fuck off elsewhere.
    We'll be searching for a manager again in two years. Hopefully he doesn't create something no one else can manage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the Galaxy will announce Vanney today. Clearly Greg in this video they put out last night

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    urrrgghhh...If we get Viera as manager, we'll have a couple decent seasons then he will fuck off elsewhere.
    We'll be searching for a manager again in two years. Hopefully he doesn't create something no one else can manage.
    And that's the best case scenario. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fired anywhere between 6 and 18 months.

My worry is that he sees TFC as nothing but a stepping stone stop so he needs to do something in 2 years or less. That would probably equal him dumping younger guys with value (Akinola, Delgado, Laryea) for established older vets he can persuade her through his name. Then after he leaves for Europe or is fired we're left with nothing like back in 2013.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 01-05-2021 at 10:03 AM.