Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Miguel Herrera doesn’t at least get interviewed I’ll be upset

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Wow. Just lost all my respect for him. Obviously interested more in a paycheck than in meaningful competition.
    I think we may have gotten lucky on that one.

So Club America have dismissed Miguel Herrera as manager?
    Sign him now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is a nutcase he wouldnt last 6 mths in mls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    he is a nutcase he wouldnt last 6 mths in mls
    But he'd be fun for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder if LAG are having 2nd thoughts with vanney now that herrera is aval?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But he'd be fun for a while.
    There’s entertainment value in it, for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He is a "buffon" as with the recent LAFC game and the TFC one a few years ago: PASS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herrera is fun...when you are watching him from afar

That Cruz rumor seems like his agent putting rumors out. He's rumored to be having differences with the board at his current club and is linked with other side's in SA. Given we have an opening and he had a connection to the area...an enterprising agent could put that to work for his clients advantage. We shall see tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for those looking for a connection. Juan Cruz Real was Jonathan Osorio's (and Lucas Cavallini) youth coach at Clarkson-Sheridan.
    Last edited by rydermike; 12-21-2020 at 09:07 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah with the antics the other day during the LAFC game it was pretty crazy, he was sitting in the stands using a walkie-talkie to talk to the bench (or someone down there it would seem). They also said as a manager he has had something like 77 Red cards lol...for sure would be fun to watch from afar

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Wet" Herrera would be entertaining to say the least. Will never forget his emotion at the World Cup.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    So Club America have dismissed Miguel Herrera as manager?
    His entire life has been based out of Mexico. If he were to come to MLS - it would not be all the way up to Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    His entire life has been based out of Mexico. If he were to come to MLS - it would not be all the way up to Canada.
    Why not? My wife's Mexico City based family loves coming to Canada, mostly for the snow. I've never seen anyone enjoy shoveling more! Lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Why not? My wife's Mexico City based family loves coming to Canada, mostly for the snow. I've never seen anyone enjoy shoveling more! Lol.

Visiting is one thing. Moving your family up here for long periods of time is something else.

His entire playing career and His entire managerial career are both in Mexico. All he knows is Liga MX. If he takes a chance on something new - I don't see him moving to Canada to do that. Some people are just home bodies...he fits the bill IMO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Visiting is one thing. Moving your family up here for long periods of time is something else.

His entire playing career and His entire managerial career are both in Mexico. All he knows is Liga MX. If he takes a chance on something new - I don't see him moving to Canada to do that. Some people are just home bodies...he fits the bill IMO
    If this guy ever comes to MLS then I would say it's only to a LA based team (ahem Gals), possibly Austin or Miami, and maybe Vegas if they ever get a team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If this guy ever comes to MLS then I would say it's only to a LA based team (ahem Gals), possibly Austin or Miami, and maybe Vegas if they ever get a team.
    Yup he would fit Vegas nicely!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Piojo would go off like this

then get red carded lol
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curtis might as well start writing out the email to Arteta about our open manager position.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Sure...have him in Miami so we can watch from far away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thomas Tuchel - He would do great for Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think any of the top 20 managers in the world would do pretty well in fairness

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney still not announced in LA BTW.

Somebody really needs to stop Curtis & Manning from saying "We are moving on this quickly" - gets them into trouble. It was never going to be before Christmas and always likely in the first 2 weeks of January. If one isn't in place by the 15th, then we got issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe it will be Vieira when all is said and done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hope would be it’s already done and the club is just waiting for the first week of January to make sure the publicity doesn’t get lost in the holiday shuffle.

We shall see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it’s either Vieira or someone completely out of left field. First week of Jan I’d peg for the announcement.

Having looked more deeply at Vieira’s track record I’m way less high on him than I was at first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get ready to be severely disappointed. Mark Cuban has said: "Hiring a coach is the hardest job in professional sports. Every candidate is well spoken, has seen the tape, comes in, and is persuasive on what you did wrong and how they will fix it. It's the hardest process in sports to wade though."

Nothing has shown me that Manning and Curtis have any kind of edge in this. Since VV came (four long years ago!), vdW and Pozuelo are the only guys Manning has gone out and had to compete for, and he bungled both of those moves. He also mishandled Seba and Jozy contract renewal conversations. Nobody is going to see this as about anything other than money, and a "name" is not coming, unless they get paid. MLSE wouldn't spend up for Vanney, and they are sure as hell not going to do it for some name that doesn't really put butts in seats. (We are going to miss Vanney more than we realize, when this has played out...)

It’s going to be some MLS assistant. Or Jason Kreis.

One thing for sure: at the press conference, we are 100% guaranteed to get heartfelt speeches about all the work and thinking that went into this hire. We lead the league in these junior varsity speeches since the vdW meltdown. As if this "200 pages stuff" is some kind of edge when it comes to spotting and signing talent.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-27-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Vanney still not announced in LA BTW.

Somebody really needs to stop Curtis & Manning from saying "We are moving on this quickly" - gets them into trouble. It was never going to be before Christmas and always likely in the first 2 weeks of January. If one isn't in place by the 15th, then we got issues.
    When Curtis said that it will be ‘an off-season like no other’, I felt myself cringe and now I can’t help but assume the worst. He should keep his mouth shut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I believe it will be Vieira when all is said and done.
    I do too. He has MLS experience, did okay in NYC, and he is a big name that might help with European recruitment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Get ready to be severely disappointed. Mark Cuban has said: "Hiring a coach is the hardest job in professional sports. Every candidate is well spoken, has seen the tape, comes in, and is persuasive on what you did wrong and how they will fix it. It's the hardest process in sports to wade though."

Nothing has shown me that Manning and Curtis have any kind of edge in this. Since VV came (four long years ago!), vdW and Pozuelo are the only guys Manning has gone out and had to compete for, and he bungled both of those moves. He also mishandled Seba and Jozy contract renewal conversations. Nobody is going to see this as about anything other than money, and a "name" is not coming, unless they get paid. MLSE wouldn't spend up for Vanney, and they are sure as hell not going to do it for some name that doesn't really put butts in seats. (We are going to miss Vanney more than we realize, when this has played out...)

It’s going to be some MLS assistant. Or Jason Kreis.

One thing for sure: at the press conference, we are 100% guaranteed to get heartfelt speeches about all the work and thinking that went into this hire. We lead the league in these junior varsity speeches since the vdW meltdown. As if this "200 pages stuff" is some kind of edge when it comes to spotting and signing talent.
    Brutal, but I struggle to disagree with any of this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of the Curtis era, there have been 2 major decisions - this is the 3rd.

Poz as DP was agent driven and required a lot of finesse that Manning could do but not Curtis.

Couldn't get the second DP across the line so ended up with Piatti - not a bad signing as a rent-a-DP but always was going to be a rent-a-DP.

The 4th one is the next DP

I'm with ensco - I'm not sold on the current brain trust being able to acquire talent.