0 Thread(s)

And there it is. Wow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Seattle 2016 to 2020 is the greatest MLS dynasty of all time if they win MLS Cup this year.
    Well they are on their way.... just fun to watch. Minnesota panic and Seattle has pace and pressure. Down 2-0 at the 73rd minute. Win in the 93rd.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievable.....I’m not even surprised....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No chance Columbus wins is there? We’ve seen this movie before.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way Seattle loses Saturday night. I have so much respect for that franchise. They just go out there and win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really can never hate Seattle. They just win. And they win playing aggressive, attractive, gritty football. I would trade their roster and front office for ours in a heartbeat. Their performances since 2015 are proof that RSL’s successful run was more to do with Lagerwey than Manning/Kreis.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you don't like the single game playoff format, well, if you're a great team, you're clutch.

TFC, no clutch. Seattle, clutch.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle held up their end of the bargain. Their 4th final in the last 5 years. Too bad tfc couldn’t do the same.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argh Seattle again. A good friend of mine is MUFC fan, I was rooting for them, but of course he admits Seattle was the better team.

I know it's shocking, but with Bez, Pat Onstad, Corey Wray, Jordan Hamilton and Josh Williams in Columbus, maybe I'll hope for them to win... That's a tough one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really can never hate Seattle. They just win. And they win playing aggressive, attractive, gritty football. I would trade their roster and front office for ours in a heartbeat. Their performances since 2015 are proof that RSL’s successful run was more to do with Lagerwey than Manning/Kreis.
    Good insight on that one, forgot they were both at RSL. I would still say 2016 & 2017 we were much better and should have won more. But spot on for the full run. That team tonight looked hungry and like champions. I think Columbus is better than we think, hopefully it should be a great game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Super" Stefan Frei, have always loved what he brought to the table since day 1.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was literally yelling out "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!" full on Taylor Twellman style the moment Seattle made it 2-1. You could almost sense it coming every second after that.

Ugh. I'm really trying the whole "respect seattle for what they are" angle, but I just really dislike them. Ugh.

This is the least appetizing MLS Cup Final as a TFC supporter "neutral", lol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    For those of you don't like the single game playoff format, well, if you're a great team, you're clutch.

TFC clutch 3 out of 5 years - better then any other team not named Seattle. In a parity league, I'll take it.

As for the Loons, that's the sort of loss that can scar a team for years - see Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be tremendously unfair, but I look with seething discontent that Seattle has Ruidiaz and Morris as threats up top while we’ve spent years face planting in our attempts to sign a wide forward or just anyone that would could act as a secondary goal scoring threat to receive the ball from our #10. Come on front office, do better.

We should also wise up to the fact Seattle doesn’t seem to give a single damn about the regular season and just seems to focus on peaking at the right time going into the playoffs.

Let’s play this league for what it is, not what we dream it be. Nobody remembers who the supporters shield winner is a few years after the fact.

I would argue our 2017 run is still the best of all time but perhaps the price of trying to dominate everything is you really only get a shot once every few years, while you can clearly peak late and make a run every season.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 12-08-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We shouldn't sell ourselves too short, we were a Marky Delgado tap-in away from legendary status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we outplayed them in 2 finals and half of the third final and then they get a fluke goal,we should have at least 2 mls cups.give them credit ,there 3 dps are great
    Last edited by reggie; 12-08-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    TFC clutch 3 out of 5 years - better then any other team not named Seattle. In a parity league, I'll take it.

As for the Loons, that's the sort of loss that can scar a team for years - see Montreal.
    Last time I checked we only had 1 MLS cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This will be tremendously unfair, but I look with seething discontent that Seattle has Ruidiaz and Morris as threats up top while we’ve spent years face planting in our attempts to sign a wide forward or just anyone that would could act as a secondary goal scoring threat to receive the ball from our #10. Come on front office, do better.

We should also wise up to the fact Seattle doesn’t seem to give a single damn about the regular season and just seems to focus on peaking at the right time going into the playoffs.

Let’s play this league for what it is, not what we dream it be. Nobody remembers who the supporters shield winner is a few years after the fact.

I would argue our 2017 run is still the best of all time but perhaps the price of trying to dominate everything is you really only get a shot once every few years, while you can clearly peak late and make a run every season.
    I would argue that what makes 2017 so special was the fact we won the treble. Although MLS Cup is the 1st prize, the Shield is a close 2nd. I wouldn't just dismiss it especially in a stupid one and done playoff format.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last time I checked we only had 1 MLS cup
    Maybe if we had Schmetzer as coach we would have achieved more.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Maybe if we had Schmetzer as coach we would have achieved more.

Schmetzer is a good coach but that team has been better constructed since inception & has the institutional memory of a constant winner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would argue that what makes 2017 so special was the fact we won the treble. Although MLS Cup is the 1st prize, the Shield is a close 2nd. I wouldn't just dismiss it especially in a stupid one and done playoff format.
    I hear you. With the quality of the team we had tin 2017, going for everything just made sense. But conversely, did we burn them out and ruin 2018? I think we would of wanted CCL regardless but theoretically, if everyone was rested and we weren’t in CCL, do we go back to back?

In a season like the one we just finished with the roster we have I think it was clear we couldn’t have it all. We tried to, but it didn’t work out on either front.

Honestly I’m surprised people aren’t more up in arms about how minutes were managed. I thought it was horrific. Osorio and Delgado were corpses out there but we still wouldn’t rotate. We paid for that.

I challenge anyone to look at Phily and say they’re the real winner this season. Clearly, they are not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you. With the quality of the team we had tin 2017, going for everything just made sense. But conversely, did we burn them out and ruin 2018? I think we would of wanted CCL regardless but theoretically, if everyone was rested and we weren’t in CCL, do we go back to back?

In a season like the one we just finished with the roster we have I think it was clear we couldn’t have it all. We tried to, but it didn’t work out on either front.

Honestly I’m surprised people aren’t more up in arms about how minutes were managed. I thought it was horrific. Osorio and Delgado were corpses out there but we still wouldn’t rotate. We paid for that.

I challenge anyone to look at Phily and say they’re the real winner this season. Clearly, they are not.
    I thought Osorio, Delgado, Pozuelo and Piatti were all overplayed, considering how many midfielders we have overall. Pozuelo was pretty dead in our playoff game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I thought Osorio, Delgado, Pozuelo and Piatti were all overplayed, considering how many midfielders we have overall. Pozuelo was pretty dead in our playoff game.

Poz admitted he was injured for the last 3 games or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anyone is saying they are, however at least they have a consolation prize. A trophy that they can display to show they were the best at some type of competition. If given a choice between a Shield with an early play-off exit, or no Shield and a loss in the MLS Cup final, I would choose the Shield. A loss in a cup final is no consolation. I don't view our making it to 4 cup finals as proof of our success but instead look at our 25% winning percentage as evidence of a team that can't win in clutch situations.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 12-09-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anyone is saying they are, however at least they have a consolation prize. A trophy that they can display to show they were the best at some type of competition. If given a choice between a Shield with an early play-off exit, or no Shield and a loss in the MLS Cup final, I would choose the Shield. A loss in a cup final is no consolation. I don't view our making it to 4 cup finals as proof of our success but instead look at our 25% winning percentage as evidence of a team that can't win in clutch situations.
    No argument there. Certainly the supporters shield has value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

To me it was obvious TFC did not try in their game