Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 225
  1. #181
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    7,171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh I didn't realize TFC has a week until the last game vs. NYRB. That's nice, good to get a bit of a rest. Maybe we can get some players back. Too bad that we're playing away and Philly home. NE has been decent lately, what are the chances that Philly gets fewer points vs. the Revs, than TFC gets vs. NYRB?

  2. #182
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    16,248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guaranteed 3rd & could have second wrapped up if Columbus doesn't win against Orlando mid week.

  3. #183
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Could do with Seattle and Portland losing some points too - Colorado just went up 2-1!!!

    (Just for fun math - in case we lost next week and we still make MLS Cup - a Seattle tie and two wins leaves them with 42 points from 22 games or 1.909 pts per game - TFC at 44 from 23 would be 1.913 - that’s how close a tiebreaker would be from Seattle v Tor (part IV) taking place in Hartford v Seattle).....Portland winning out and us losing will put them ahead of us as well, based on Goal Differential...obviously if we get a result next week, then none of this matters, but it’s still something to look at just in case....

    Update --- the only Western team that can still finish ahead of us now is Portland and that's having them win out (they are up 1-0 tonight and they play Weds vs Colorado, and Sunday at LAFC) and we would have to lose on Sunday; and then we both end up with 44 points after 23 games with identical 13-5-5 records and then Goal Differential would go their way......
    Last edited by tfcfans; 11-01-2020 at 11:50 PM.

  4. #184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,019
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cudos to Vanney too. Managed a limited line up very well

  5. #185
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Osorio should be back Sunday. Hopefully Piatti and Delgado can be back for the first game of the playoffs. I never hope or assume anything when it comes to Altidore and injuries.

  6. #186
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,694
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Iíll take it.

    Some decent performances out there and certainly a good debut by Priso.

    That said, clearly there needs to be a bit of a changing of the guard at certain positions (or backup positions) on this team. Feels like the league has moved on from how certain guys play.

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    wtf these hartford ball boys launching the ball back for a super quick throw in. Jeez home field
    Yeah, that shocked me too.
    That f-ing ball boy was for sure a Miami supporter.

  8. #188
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    7,171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Yeah, that shocked me too.
    That f-ing ball boy was for sure a Miami supporter.
    It's actually extra strange because I think the ball boys aren't supposed to be interacting with the players at all. There are pedestals around the field where the players are supposed to pick up the ball (if they don't continue with the ball that was just in play). I thought the ball boys are supposed to disinfect balls that they retrieve and place on the next empty pedestal. They shouldn't be throwing balls directly to the players of either side -- AFAIK.

    Are we sure it was a ball boy? Maybe it was a Miami sub or staff member.

  9. #189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    584
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Zavs has been good the last two starts. Bring him back on 100-150k?

    I prefer Osorio and Delgado double pivot over Bradley and whoever.

    Ayo is a beast. Sell Jozy to a Saudi Arabian team to free up money for a dp left winger.

    Endoh shouldn't start.
    I think this was the last time you see Endoh in a TFC Jersey.

  10. #190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,912
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just saw the highlights. Ayo, wow, what a goal. If he can stay healthy and keep this up, he can definitely be Jozy's full-time replacement.

    What are everyone's thoughts about the penalty. At first glance it looked weak, but in slow-mo it did look like the defender raked Richie's ankle with his studs.

  11. #191
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Zavs has been good the last two starts. Bring him back on 100-150k?

    I prefer Osorio and Delgado double pivot over Bradley and whoever.

    Ayo is a beast. Sell Jozy to a Saudi Arabian team to free up money for a dp left winger.

    Endoh shouldn't start.
    Wasn't Piatti suppose to be that DP left winger? What are the chances his Team Option is picked up?

  12. #192
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    7,171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Just saw the highlights. Ayo, wow, what a goal. If he can stay healthy and keep this up, he can definitely be Jozy's full-time replacement.

    What are everyone's thoughts about the penalty. At first glance it looked weak, but in slow-mo it did look like the defender raked Richie's ankle with his studs.
    I think it was the swipe to his ankle, in combination with the guy hugging him around the waist from behind. There was definitely enough that it couldn't be overturned by VAR.

  13. #193
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    16,248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mullins is a decent MLS forward in a tandem.

    Bradley's better second half doesn't excuse how much this teams warps itself around his playing style. He is the major reason why the ball movement is so damn slow.

    Priso shows a lot of potential as the next version of Osoro

    Endoh isn't Delgado but then again Delgado isn't Delgado without Osorio.

    Deleon never stops working & just is who he is no matter what we put out there.

    Zavs is never going to be the #2 or #3 CB but in the right situation, when facing no speed, he's decent enough.

    I've said my peace about Auro - I think his overthinking hurts us more then his defensive shape helps us.

    Gallacher has better positional awareness then most young FB's and he tries to beat players. He needs more games. And he needs to trust his speed & crossing ability and go for the line - he's trying to be Trent Alexander-Arnold (the prototype Liverpool LB) and stand it up but he's better when he just goes for it and doesn't think.

    Compare Westberg to Bendik and we know how far we have come since 2014.

  14. #194
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    577
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Oh I didn't realize TFC has a week until the last game vs. NYRB. That's nice, good to get a bit of a rest. Maybe we can get some players back. Too bad that we're playing away and Philly home. NE has been decent lately, what are the chances that Philly gets fewer points vs. the Revs, than TFC gets vs. NYRB?

    Forecast is 19 C and Sunny for New York

  15. #195
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,694
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Just saw the highlights. Ayo, wow, what a goal. If he can stay healthy and keep this up, he can definitely be Jozy's full-time replacement.

    What are everyone's thoughts about the penalty. At first glance it looked weak, but in slow-mo it did look like the defender raked Richie's ankle with his studs.
    He took a stab at the ball 3x and missed, hitting Richie at each attempt. If youíre going to be that stupid as a defender playing in the box, you get what you deserve.

  16. #196
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I think that was a penalty, especially seeing the various replay angles showing both arms around the torso/hands on body, as well as the swipes with the feet. Those things combined warrant a PK. Yeah sure Richie "went down" a bit, but hey Mo Salah does that game in game out :P

    Another grimey win, this time in horrible weather conditions. Cold, wet and rainy is a miserable combination. Would be easier if it was -2 and snowing.

    The full week off until the last regular season game is huge for us, will allow guys to rest and hopefully Osorio and/or Delgado can make their way back in.

  17. #197
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    6,853
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bhandsome90 View Post
    Wasn't Piatti suppose to be that DP left winger? What are the chances his Team Option is picked up?
    I think they will take the chance on him again and pick up his option. I still worry about his injury history though. clearly it's still an issue and we already have millions tied up in the medical room already.

  18. #198
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,702
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I think they will take the chance on him again and pick up his option. I still worry about his injury history though. clearly it's still an issue and we already have millions tied up in the medical room already.
    He only has a calf strain though. I blame that more on our training staff than him. We aren't physically up for playing more than one match per week and it's been like that since 2018 with no signs of getting better.

  19. #199
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,339
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    piatti is a nice player,but to me he is a tam not a dp,

  20. #200
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    555
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    piatti is a nice player,but to me he is a tam not a dp,
    Piatti is the player we needed Gallardo to be IMO.

  21. #201
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    555
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

    Priso shows a lot of potential as the next version of Osoro
    Had this exact thought myself, doubly encouraging that he looks ways ahead of where Oso was when he debuted under Nelson. I don't know the payer well enough to comment beyond that but I like what I see and hopefully the ceiling is high.

    Also major props to him for coming in and playing at this level and composure. Often folks want Vanney to play kids solely based on their passport but Priso (and to a slightly lesser degree Nelson) have stepped right in and looked like they can contribute at this level right away. This is the level I have craved to see come through our academy. Early days but encouraging all around. Hoping JMR is another.

  22. #202
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To be honest this season has convinced me that Vanney is our saving grace and our front office is our downfall

    Imagine we signed an actual DP instead of Piatti (Piatti is a nice player and good fit for the squad but not DP quality) and had a non-injured DP striker

  23. #203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,027
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    To be honest this season has convinced me that Vanney is our saving grace and our front office is our downfall

    Imagine we signed an actual DP instead of Piatti (Piatti is a nice player and good fit for the squad but not DP quality) and had a non-injured DP striker
    I feel like they will just convert Piatti to TAM. His salary is something like $1.5 million, which is very TAMable, but all our TAM is being spent on Bradley, Gonzalez, Osorio, and Gallardo. I feel like they'll just buyout Gallardo and then Piatti can take his TAM, opening up a DP slot. They just made Piatti a DP because there was no more TAM.

  24. #204
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,702
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Imagine we signed an actual DP instead of Piatti (Piatti is a nice player and good fit for the squad but not DP quality) and had a non-injured DP striker
    I think Piatti is good enough to use a DP spot. For a while he was our best looking player out there and did the dirty work too. Plus I wouldn't judge a player coming new to MLS on results right away, especially during this mess of a year. Usually internationals have an adjustment period and COvid makes it even more stupid (no home matches for us for example). Besides most "big" name DPs aren't living up to their DP price tags and spots this season most likely because of how screwed up everything is (Pulido, Pizarro).

  25. #205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    584
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Just saw the highlights. Ayo, wow, what a goal. If he can stay healthy and keep this up, he can definitely be Jozy's full-time replacement.

    What are everyone's thoughts about the penalty. At first glance it looked weak, but in slow-mo it did look like the defender raked Richie's ankle with his studs.
    I think if it was called against us we would be screaming mad.

  26. #206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think Piatti is good enough to use a DP spot. For a while he was our best looking player out there and did the dirty work too. Plus I wouldn't judge a player coming new to MLS on results right away, especially during this mess of a year. Usually internationals have an adjustment period and COvid makes it even more stupid (no home matches for us for example). Besides most "big" name DPs aren't living up to their DP price tags and spots this season most likely because of how screwed up everything is (Pulido, Pizarro).
    The issue with Piatti is how close he is to being TAM while producing numbers that are kind of meh alongside the obvious injury issues/history. You don’t want to tie a DP spot to a guy who spends half the season injured and puts up okay numbers. At least with Jozy historically (not this season at all) he puts up numbers despite the injuries.

    Piatti’s quality also isn’t super obvious. If he had a right foot he probably has 8 goals, but he doesn’t. He’s got deficiencies you don’t really expect from a DP. Pizarro’s quality is stupid obvious. But Piatti? He’s good, but it’s arguable as to whether he’s a difference maker.
    Last edited by portu; 11-02-2020 at 06:53 PM.

  27. #207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    584
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Going forward I would like the club to focus on players under 30, and who have proven to be durable. We have too many guys with "glass legs".

  28. #208
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    555
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I think if it was called against us we would be screaming mad.
    Would have been a weak PK but the player used his arm to attempt gaining position as well. Thatís what did him in and why VAR didnít bother taking a look.

  29. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,019
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Had this exact thought myself, doubly encouraging that he looks ways ahead of where Oso was when he debuted under Nelson. I don't know the payer well enough to comment beyond that but I like what I see and hopefully the ceiling is high.

    Also major props to him for coming in and playing at this level and composure. Often folks want Vanney to play kids solely based on their passport but Priso (and to a slightly lesser degree Nelson) have stepped right in and looked like they can contribute at this level right away. This is the level I have craved to see come through our academy. Early days but encouraging all around. Hoping JMR is another.
    i am not as sold on Nelson - he needs some seasoning to be more positionally savvy - but agree generally with your comments . To me Priso was a revelation last night. Real balance with Bradley. And perhaps not uncoincidentally, Liam Fraser had his best outing for TFC this year in hie minutes.

  30. #210
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,019
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I think if it was called against us we would be screaming mad.
    Thats true. But he had his arms all around Laryea. Should have been a pen just for that, even before the dive.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •