Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    The issue with Piatti is how close he is to being TAM while producing numbers that are kind of meh alongside the obvious injury issues/history. You don’t want to tie a DP spot to a guy who spends half the season injured and puts up okay numbers. At least with Jozy historically (not this season at all) he puts up numbers despite the injuries.

Piatti’s quality also isn’t super obvious. If he had a right foot he probably has 8 goals, but he doesn’t. He’s got deficiencies you don’t really expect from a DP. Pizarro’s quality is stupid obvious. But Piatti? He’s good, but it’s arguable as to whether he’s a difference maker.
    I dunno. He has done really well for us and we are a very good team with him on the pitch. And i don't see his calf strain as proof of an "injury history" given this season Osorio, Delgado, Mavinga, Morrow, Gonzalez, Ayo, Auro, Fraser (I think) Mullins (I think) and a couple of others all have had muscle injuries. He is an "ffin team fffn works" kind of player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    i am not as sold on Nelson - he needs some seasoning to be more positionally savvy - but agree generally with your comments . To me Priso was a revelation last night. Real balance with Bradley. And perhaps not uncoincidentally, Liam Fraser had his best outing for TFC this year in hie minutes.
    I think Nelson has potential but it’s going to take a bit longer to smooth over the edges.

Not to oversell a one-game track record but what I liked about Priso’s performance last night it was good enough for the first team, no caveats. No, “well that was a real deficiency but he’s 18” or “Ya he really screwed but there but he’s got time to weed that out.” That was just a good, solid outing.

We can argue whether that begs for more minutes or pushes others further down the list but to me at least it indicates he belongs, right now. No waiting or taking lottery tickets on future potential, he can contribute, today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think Nelson has potential but it’s going to take a bit longer to smooth over the edges.

Not to oversell a one-game track record but what I liked about Priso’s performance last night it was good enough for the first team, no caveats. No, “well that was a real deficiency but he’s 18” or “Ya he really screwed but there but he’s got time to weed that out.” That was just a good, solid outing.

We can argue whether that begs for more minutes or pushes others further down the list but to me at least it indicates he belongs, right now. No waiting or taking lottery tickets on future potential, he can contribute, today
    That's how I saw it. He was calm and positionally smart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    That's how I saw it. He was calm and positionally smart.
    I agree with that, but I also thought he played it a little too safe. Most attacks would die at his feet (but we kept the ball). Needs to sprinkle the occasional unexpected forward pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I never hope or assume anything when it comes to Altidore and injuries.
    Looks like Jozy has played 717 minutes in 2020 with a base salary of 6.33mil USD. He's scored 2 goals.
    Means he's been paid approx $8900usd per minute of play. or 3.165mil per goal

Then there's Ayo.

973 mins of play, less than 60k/year
    9 goals.

There's some value right there.

*edited because my numbers were wrong
    Last edited by samuraizero; 11-03-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I agree with that, but I also thought he played it a little too safe. Most attacks would die at his feet (but we kept the ball). Needs to sprinkle the occasional unexpected forward pass.
    I'm sure some nerves came into this. Give the kid some more minutes and he'll be much more confident in how the team plays, and how he needs to feed into that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    I'm sure some nerves came into this. Give the kid some more minutes and he'll be much more confident in how the team plays, and how he needs to feed into that.
    Definitely. I would say he deliberately played it a bit safe (first start 'n' all). He needs that extra 10% to be a starter in today's TFC, but I'm sure we'll see more from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure some nerves have came into this. Give the kid some more minutes and he'll be much more confident in how the team plays, and how he needs to feed into that.
    Agreed more forward passing should be on the menu. But I’d say this isn’t something that was unique to Priso. A few different experienced players could have the same criticism levelled against them.

I’d like to see how he looks after a few more games and with first choice options at FB and forward. Probably solves a lot of this.

But regardless, I’d still take this as a performance. I don’t have access to all the advance stats but on whoscored you can see he led the team in tackles, was tied for first in interceptions. I would suspect he led the team in recovery runs too... That’s a pretty damn good impact.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My God that kid is jittery as fuck. I have no real judgment of him until he gets a bit older and plays a few more games. No where near a starter, but an option off the bench for now.

We can argue whether that begs for more minutes or pushes others further down the list but to me at least it indicates he belongs, right now. No waiting or taking lottery tickets on future potential, he can contribute, today.
    He looked good. Could be wrong, but I think he may have vaulted over Fraiser in terms of favour with the coaching staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Jozy has played 717 minutes in 2020 with a base salary of 6.33mil USD. He's scored 10 goals.
    Means he's been paid approx $8900usd per minute of play. or 630k per goal

Then there's Ayo.

973 mins of play, less than 60k/year
    10 goals.

There's some value right there.
    I get your point, but none of those numbers are correct. Jozy has scored 2 goals this year, Ayo has 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    I get your point, but none of those numbers are correct. Jozy has scored 2 goals this year, Ayo has 9.
    You're right - I read the roster wrong.

https://www.torontofc.ca/players/jozy-altidore
    https://www.torontofc.ca/players/ayo-akinola

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Jayden Nelson and Co.

I really want to see the kids get loaned out more often. I like the relationship with HB Koge and want to see more of it. Jayden’s jitters are only going to go away with match experience at a challenging level. He needs starts. Fraser’s similar inconsistencies reek of a lack of confidence that he’s never gotten at the club. I’m worried that the time to vault him into the echelons of the best DMs in the league has passed. I still think if he got 25-30 starts in a competitive league he’d be a starter in this team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Re: Jayden Nelson and Co.

I really want to see the kids get loaned out more often. I like the relationship with HB Koge and want to see more of it. Jayden’s jitters are only going to go away with match experience at a challenging level. He needs starts. Fraser’s similar inconsistencies reek of a lack of confidence that he’s never gotten at the club. I’m worried that the time to vault him into the echelons of the best DMs in the league has passed. I still think if he got 25-30 starts in a competitive league he’d be a starter in this team.
    The thing about Fraser is that he has had way more time playing in MLS (3 years, 32 games, 1861 minutes) compared to a player like Priso yet Priso looked like he belonged last game and Fraser continues to look like a CPL level player to me most times. If Fraser was going to make his mark he would have done it by now. Bradley going out with an injury should have been his time but instead Vanney preferred other lineups which tells you what Fraser probably shows in training is not a lot. In my opinion his time has passed and he is looking more like another Jordan Hamilton type player that was supposed to have potential but never reached it and probably never will. That is my two cents anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    The thing about Fraser is that he has had way more time playing in MLS (3 years, 32 games, 1861 minutes) compared to a player like Priso yet Priso looked like he belonged last game and Fraser continues to look like a CPL level player to me most times. If Fraser was going to make his mark he would have done it by now. Bradley going out with an injury should have been his time but instead Vanney preferred other lineups which tells you what Fraser probably shows in training is not a lot. In my opinion his time has passed and he is looking more like another Jordan Hamilton type player that was supposed to have potential but never reached it and probably never will. That is my two cents anyway.
    Fraser has fallen behind Priso now on the depth chart so he might as well go. He is just too slow for a MLS midfielder and pretty poor defensively. He is just overrated on this board because he's Canadian. If he was from the U.S then he'd be lumped in the same league as Lovitz was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This is absolutely spot on.