Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too many teams are going to look too good with at least 5-6 players out who would be starting normally including all of your potential strikers....kind of hard to win with no real threat up front.....teams can press because there is no threat to break the press and make them pay for being too aggressive.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They'll likely try Osorio with Bradley in the middle before they give up on Bradley starting.

But... Bradley shouldn't start anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can add Mullins, Ciman, and Zavaleta to that list of guys not coming back.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 10-28-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the result is sort of whatever but my concern is our best player continues to log minutes without any real rest heading into playoff time. If he doesn’t play well or is gassed we are toast.

I’m done with a lot of our veteran substitutes. We call on guys who at best give a 6 out of 10 performance but are relatively consistent in doing so. It’s time to think bigger. Endoh is 27 for god sakes stop rewarding him with time like he’s some sort of developing respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shield talk was so premature that it hurts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team has no depth nothing nada ! Without Mavinga, Osorio and Piatti this team is not winning another game this season including the playoff game and it doesn’t matter who they play . Pozzuello without these players around him is nothing as we have seen in these past two games . I don’t think he took a shot on goal . Pathetic display by the players on the field these last two games . Let’s hope these players get back or else it will be over very quickly for this team one and done !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sad part is they still need results in the last game or two, in order to avoid finishing third or fourth and potentially having a second road playoff game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think Vanney has gone as far as he can as a coach, Vanney, Ciman, Gonzalez, Bradley, Fraser, looked like donkeys on the pitch, we have no answers, we have tge same game and no backup plans, I am all for TFC but we will have the same excuses again, Vanney will take no ownership of this loss, a disgrace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching Vanney's interview with Davidson and he seems testy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    The shield talk was so premature that it hurts.
    Nah, it was real & then we lost our last decent striker, our best defender & 3/4 of our midfield.

With those 5 in the lineup, we play very differently the last 2 games.

Oso & Delgado don't get injured very often. Losing both of them & Piatti isolates Poz.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Well I think Vanney has gone as far as he can as a coach, Vanney, Ciman, Gonzalez, Bradley, Fraser, looked like donkeys on the pitch, we have no answers, we have tge same game and no backup plans, I am all for TFC but we will have the same excuses again, Vanney will take no ownership of this loss, a disgrace
    Oh please.

No MLS team loses 3/4 of its midfield, its best defender & its 2 best strikers & does well.

This isn't Man City

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can switch Vanney with Guardiola and you'll call him a bald fraud. At some point, there's only so much you can do as a coach when half of your team gets injured and your academy can't replace them. What you can criticize him for, is the dire state of the academy, and whether he trusts players coming out of there or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you have to blame curtis for this depth,a dp striker that never plays should of learned from that last season ...one good cb ,gonzales is a donkey oh where is that winger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    You can switch Vanney with Guardiola and you'll call him a bald fraud. At some point, there's only so much you can do as a coach when half of your team gets injured and your academy can't replace them. What you can criticize him for, is the dire state of the academy, and whether he trusts players coming out of there or not.
    While I appreciate there’s probably not any more juice we could get out of this team in terms of a better record I take issue with the lack of squad rotation.

Why on earth did we start Osorio and Delgado a few days after a game where they looked gassed by half time and were practically jogging by 90. Osorio goes off next game with minor injury, we should consider ourselves lucky cause I think that decision was pretty damn poor by the coaching staff and trainers

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fraser can't play with anyone but Bradley.

If you take out Oso & Delgado when Bradley is injured, you basically have Fraser and (insert TFC young prospect here) running the midfield behind Poz.

We don't have the depth in midfield we need.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i think you have to blame curtis for this depth,a dp striker that never plays should of learned from that last season ...one good cb ,gonzales is a donkey oh where is that winger
    100% Agree on this, I used to give Vanney a much harder time because I thought he had the horses but didn’t adapt. But Ali, has fallen into his NYRB patterns and although I think the young kids will be great, way to early for a cup contending team to be relying on them... I am sorry but I think he has dropped the ball, we haven’t heard a thing from him since before we lost to Philly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Time to start the discussion on a permanent move for Bradley to CB, as Ciman's replacement next year.
    How? You can't play Gonzalez and Bradley together, too slow x 2. Bradley could only be 3rd or 4th-place CB, replacing Gonzalez if necessary. It's basically Mavinga plus anybody, but if Mavinga is out they're screwed. And Mavinga is guaranteed to miss a couple of games every season, probably because of the way he plays.

I thought TFC actually played better for the last bit when all the subs had been made. Finally injected some speed. Should have started the game with some of that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Sounds like the team is trying to get people back for the playoffs & if the people on the pitch happen to win, great.

So.. Not resting people for the playoffs as much as not bringing people back to early.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, we are a top team in this league when healthy and will finish in the top 2 in the east and possibly top 2 in the whole league.

Given every thing else going on right now, will take that.

Yes, lessons the last two games for next season. Valuable ones.

But we are not a crappy team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

time will tell,if he is doing the right thing,safety resting these guys,this club has injury phone players,jozy,mavinga,morrow.piatti,ayo,bradley,and they didnt address those needs,we will see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=OgtheDim;1924947]Oh please.

No MLS team loses 3/4 of its midfield, its best defender & its 2 best strikers & does well.

This isn't Man City[/QUOTE

Give me a break Og, TFC have no depth, not expecting Man City, just expecting a backup plan that's all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good news is they got past the crazy stretch. Now have a good 4 day rest to the next game. Then after that almost a full week. So out of the grind stage. Pick up a something like 4 points in the next 2 gets them sitting really well for MLS cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    How? You can't play Gonzalez and Bradley together, too slow x 2. Bradley could only be 3rd or 4th-place CB, replacing Gonzalez if necessary. It's basically Mavinga plus anybody, but if Mavinga is out they're screwed. Aind Mavinga is guaranteed to miss a couple of games every season, probably because of the way he plays.

I thought TFC actually played better for the last bit when all the subs had been made. Finally injected some speed. Should have started the game with some of that.
    Would you rather have Bradley at CB or in the midfield, especially given that Ciman is our 3rd midfielder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Have to agree. Jozy missed significant parts of last season including the playoffs. Curtis should have signed a striker in the off season. Also Gallardo has been a huge bust

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Derko;1924958]
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh please.

This isn't Man City[/QUOTE

Give me a break Og, TFC have no depth, not expecting Man City, just expecting a backup plan that's all
    No league punishes bad contracts more than MLS. You have to get significant contributions from you DP's and your TAM players and we aren't. Right now 2 of our DP's are injured, while one TAM Gallardo can't make the lineup, and another TAM Bradley is playing poorly. These signings are on mgmt. Jozy's contract has significantly harmed this team and it will continue to harm it over the next 2 years unless we can unload him. As for Piatti he was a high risk signing to begin with and he has now broken down during the most crucial stretch of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nah, it was real & then we lost our last decent striker, our best defender & 3/4 of our midfield.

With those 5 in the lineup, we play very differently the last 2 games.

Oso & Delgado don't get injured very often. Losing both of them & Piatti isolates Poz.
    I don’t refute any of this but I’m also highlighting that it was karmic to paint a manhole and tweet about shining the shield and then fall flat on our face.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The backup plan was, in varying degrees, Bradley & Fraser & Gallardo and all 3 have been found wanting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    While I appreciate there’s probably not any more juice we could get out of this team in terms of a better record I take issue with the lack of squad rotation.

Why on earth did we start Osorio and Delgado a few days after a game where they looked gassed by half time and were practically jogging by 90. Osorio goes off next game with minor injury, we should consider ourselves lucky cause I think that decision was pretty damn poor by the coaching staff and trainers
    This does seem to be a recurring Vanney blind spot. Lots of people on these boards were calling for squad rotation. On the other hamd, those players got us to the strong position we are in in the d=standings.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    This does seem to be a recurring Vanney blind spot. Lots of people on these boards were calling for squad rotation. On the other hamd, those players got us to the strong position we are in in the d=standings.
    Vanney was on the Caldwell, KJ & the other guy show about 6 weeks ago and said he would like to have done more rotation but you can't do that when you are fighting for the shield.

My issue is we seem to be always fighting for something - either the shield or to get into the playoffs.