Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Regular Season Phase 2 Game 9 TFC @ Philly Sat Oct 24 7:30 pm - This One is for All

Have It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huge game for us. Union are our top "shield" competitors. Need a tie at the very minimum, preferably a win though obviously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely the biggest regular season game we will play this year. Need a win.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big game....hope our injury situation improves with no midweek game but they are traveling back and forth to Canada and then out to Philly so not sure if that will be draining in any way. We need as many players healthy as we can get for this one. Could set us up well if we can win. If we are carrying the same injuries and guys look as tired as they have lately we could be in trouble a bit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to re-watch the highlights from Oct. 3rd against Philly, couldn't even remember. I also watched them from last night's Philly - NE game. We're going to miss Ayo, assuming he's still out on Saturday. Time for another long-range goal from Piatti. We haven't been getting enough decent long-range shots from anyone.

Andrew Blake is good in goal. TFC is going to have to put more shots on net than recently, if they want anything out of this game. With Achara out with a season-ending injury (which has been known for a long time), and Altidore's issues also no mystery, it's really too bad TFC didn't pick up another striker at least on loan for this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I had to re-watch the highlights from Oct. 3rd against Philly, couldn't even remember. I also watched them from last night's Philly - NE game. We're going to miss Ayo, assuming he's still out on Saturday. Time for another long-range goal from Piatti. We haven't been getting enough decent long-range shots from anyone.

Andrew Blake is good in goal. TFC is going to have to put more shots on net than recently, if they want anything out of this game. With Achara out with a season-ending injury (which has been known for a long time), and Altidore's issues also no mystery, it's really too bad TFC didn't pick up another striker at least on loan for this season.
    Understatement regarding TFC, I would like to know how many goals from TFC have actually come from outside the box, I would guess very few, you shoot the ball, you have the potential of scoring goals, simple stuff, we try to be too clever. KISS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Understatement regarding TFC, I would like to know how many goals from TFC have actually come from outside the box, I would guess very few, you shoot the ball, you have the potential of scoring goals, simple stuff, we try to be too clever. KISS
    Well sometimes they try, but then they often end up being shots softly rolling towards the net. There seems to be some mental issue around taking shots, like the guys get all wound up but then can’t put their foot through it during the game. (I’ve seen good long shots taken during practice.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Well sometimes they try, but then they often end up being shots softly rolling towards the net. There seems to be some mental issue around taking shots, like the guys get all wound up but then can’t put their foot through it during the game. (I’ve seen good long shots taken during practice.)
    This is exactly what I see too and was thinking that last game while watching it when Endoh, who is known for some nice long range shots at times, just fluffed it to the goalkeeper almost like it was a pass and I thought why the hell can't we have more guys get a hold of these shots. The fluffy pass to the GK instead of the hard shot happened so many times this year. If they could it right it would be golden. But right now we get the occasional one from Piatti or Deleon maybe that has power. Pozuelo has scored from outside the box but his are more placement and using defenders as a shield rather than power. As long as it goes in though that is fine. I guess the pressure situation in the game versus practice is the main reason but these guys are pros....work on it. It is comparable to the penalty shot situation. You have pro players completely missing the net. If you have ever stood where the penalty spot is you have to wonder how the hell that can ever happen with a pro player. Seems like basic stuff to work on if it is your main income and job.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I'm glad that Auro and Piatti didn't get themselves a yellow the other day because it would have put us in an even worse situation if they were suspended due to accumulation. Even still Piatti looked like he needed some rest, hopefully this week helps him out a lot but ideally he would get subbed at some point.
    Delgado too with how many times I kept saying he was giving the ball away, he must have had about 5 passes given away.
    I haven't heard anything on Osorio, any news? will we have Zavs and Mavinga back?
    Gallagher has been alright, he got burned early in the last game but i think it was more so due to him slipping on the surface (which many players seemed to be doing). After that play he seemed a bit more comfortable. At least we are able to give Laryea some rest

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    well I'm glad that Auro and Piatti didn't get themselves a yellow the other day because it would have put us in an even worse situation if they were suspended due to accumulation. Even still Piatti looked like he needed some rest, hopefully this week helps him out a lot but ideally he would get subbed at some point.
    Speaking of yellows, does anyone know if the regular season accumulation goes into the playoffs or does it get wiped out? If it carries into the playoffs I would rather these players get their 5th yellow sooner than later and sit out a regular season game then a single knockout game in the playoffs. Let's call it a strategic yellow. But if the yellows get reset in the playoffs then I guess no point. I was thinking about that during the last game when they mentioned it for Auro and Piatti about their accumulation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Speaking of yellows, does anyone know if the regular season accumulation goes into the playoffs or does it get wiped out? If it carries into the playoffs I would rather these players get their 5th yellow sooner than later and sit out a regular season game then a single knockout game in the playoffs. Let's call it a strategic yellow. But if the yellows get reset in the playoffs then I guess no point. I was thinking about that during the last game when they mentioned it for Auro and Piatti about their accumulation.
    They reset in the playoffs. However, if you pick up the 5th yellow of the regular season during the last game of the season, you still miss the first game of the playoffs.

Once playoffs start, you're back to zero. Two yellows in the playoffs and you miss one match (exception MLS Cup Final - can't be suspended that match for accumulation. Only way you can miss MLS Cup Final is a red card in the Conference Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    They reset in the playoffs. However, if you pick up the 5th yellow of the regular season during the last game of the season, you still miss the first game of the playoffs.

Once playoffs start, you're back to zero. Two yellows in the playoffs and you miss one match (exception MLS Cup Final - can't be suspended that match for accumulation. Only way you can miss MLS Cup Final is a red card in the Conference Final)
    You almost wonder if say the Reds win at Philly and are in good shape vs NYFC if they sit Piaiti to not risk it, he has been sitting on four yellows for a few games now. Do you even consider getting one on purpose ?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comparing the schedules, I think Philly's is tougher than ours. We win and it demoralizes them. For some reason, this means more to me than the Cup. I want all three mind you, but the guys have gutted it out, gone through injuries. I just really want to see them win it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Comparing the schedules, I think Philly's is tougher than ours. We win and it demoralizes them. For some reason, this means more to me than the Cup. I want all three mind you, but the guys have gutted it out, gone through injuries. I just really want to see them win it.
    I feel the same way. If given a choice between the cup and the shield I would chose the shield for this season at least. I view it as a greater accomplishment considering they will have played only 4 games at BMO all year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Og, thank you for setting up these game threads. Your efforts are appreciated.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 10-20-2020 at 08:05 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post

Here, here!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the same way. If given a choice between the cup and the shield I would chose the shield for this season at least. I view it as a greater accomplishment considering they will have played only 4 games at BMO all year.
    And that is what makes scrapping the shield even more nonsense. You look at a team who has played 4 games at actual home and only 1 in front of fans, and they are wanting the Shield as bad as anyone. If we can manage a win we fully control our destiny. Finishing top in the League is priority right now. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the same protocols will be in place for the playoffs as well. I.E. travel in and out same day as the game. If so, that makes home field throughout HUGE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Echo that. And I finally agree with NK about something!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Echo that. And I finally agree with NK about something!
    I am also against painful hemorrhoids. Can we agree on that? 😁

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toughest league game for us since playing the Crew in 2017 in the Conference Finals.

Unlike ATL & NYC, Philly is very self aware, adaptable and consistent. They will keep coming and not flag if down or get cocky if up. They have a lot of stability in their ranks. They play a lot like us - like to move the ball around out wide and in the middle and control things.

To beat them, we have to put in 90 minutes all over the pitch.

The winner of this match will be the one who

a) makes the most of their chances
    b) makes the least mistakes

I expect an injury or two to affect the lineup as we can't seem to go a few days without somebody going down right now.

Should be a great game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Toughest league game for us since playing the Crew in 2017 in the Conference Finals.

Unlike ATL & NYC, Philly is very self aware, adaptable and consistent. They will keep coming and not flag if down or get cocky if up. They have a lot of stability in their ranks. They play a lot like us - like to move the ball around out wide and in the middle and control things.

To beat them, we have to put in 90 minutes all over the pitch.

The winner of this match will be the one who

a) makes the most of their chances
    b) makes the least mistakes

I expect an injury or two to affect the lineup as we can't seem to go a few days without somebody going down right now.

Should be a great game.

This is a playoff game.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also against painful hemorrhoids. Can we agree on that? 
    hahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading Steve Buffery's column today and he stated that Vanney said that Akinola was a possibility for Saturday, while Mavinga was out and Jozy was a way's away. The good news was that Morrow is available. There was no mention of Osorio.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game Day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biggest game of the season so far. I expect a veteran heavy lineup led by Patrick Mullinho.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's A Football Day, will be huge !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woo game day!

After a long day out enjoying the fantastic summer weather yesterday, today is bunkering inside for chores and soccer. What an awesome day of programming, with El Clasico coming up at 10am, ManU vs Chelsea at lunchtime and of course our main event this evening.

Our team depth and discipline will truly be tested against Philly this evening, just want to see a solid effort out on the pitch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Akinola doesn't play and with no Mavinga I would gladly take a draw today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Akinola doesn't play and with no Mavinga I would gladly take a draw today.
    From MLS Website.... Osorio must be out

Toronto

• Injury Report:
      • OUT: Achara (M) - ACL injury
      • OUT: Jonathan Osorio (M) - undisclosed injury
      • OUT: Jozy Altidore (F) - hamstring strain
      • OUT: Alex Bono (GK) - dislocated finger
      • OUT: Chris Mavinga (D) - undisclosed injury
      • QUESTIONABLE: Ayo Akinola (F) - undisclosed injury
      • QUESTIONABLE: Eriq Zavaleta (D) - undisclosed injury

• Injury Report:
      • OUT: Warren Creavalle (M) - undisclosed injury
      • OUT: Matt Real (D) - hamstring injury

• Philadelphia

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, a draw is the best to expect with that amount of injuries. Need Ciman & Gonzalez & Westberg to be on the same page.