All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicanadian View Post
    Have you faced any of this in BMO?
    I haven't, but my skin isn't as dark as others.

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Have you faced any of this in BMO?
    I haven't, but my skin isn't as dark as others.
    Great question jabbronies!!
    No not really, nothing I have not encountered outside in wider society. My first experience watching TFC wayyy back was from an RPB and in 112. I loved and still love it. This is primarily why I found the article interesting.
    One thing I wont do as a black man however is just simply get triggered and discount others and their experiences out right, because that has not been my experience, and or I do not understand their experience....
    Last edited by Jamaicanadian; 10-22-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicanadian View Post
    Great question jabbronies!!
    No not really, nothing I have not encountered outside in wider society. My first experience watching TFC wayyy back was from an RPB and in 112. I loved and still love it. This is primarily why I found the article interesting.
    One thing I wont do as a black man however is just simply get triggered and discount others and their experiences out right, because that has not been my experience, and or I do not understand their experience....
    I agree there are definitely going to be incidents of this happening - not just at BMO, but elsewhere as well.
    I once had an incident at the Sony Center - a security guard who clearly had short man syndrome :P
    But it was clear he targeted me because of his biases (BTW - he was wrong and was reprimanded by his manager on the spot and replaced - so clearly they knew he was a problem)

My question - and it's more of a general curiosity I guess - is how much of a factor does the shade of skin colour plays.
    So yes - POC are targeted unfairly - but does that increase the darker the shade of skin.

Anyways - not expecting a huge discussion on this - just thoughts I have on the subject.