Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Do you still have connections... could we all pitch in or do a go fund me?
    TAKE MY MONEY NOW please...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, I am not a real supporter according to the ISC so I am not sure I count. But, I am more than willing to throw money into a trophy for the guys to celebrate with if/when they clinch the league.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I get the feeling a significant number of people would be willing to contribute large amounts of money to this effort. On Twitter, fans from the around the league were willing to throw money at a GoFundMe.
    Do you still have connections... could we all pitch in or do a go fund me?.

edit... Auzzy beat me... but maybe one could be made for RPB trophy case as well.

All for One..
    I only know the fella who built it. And it wasn’t cheap. And my design was a 2D rendering. So to do a more inexpensive (and less durable, I assume) printed version would require someone with 3D design software knowledge... which ain’t me unfortunately. The only person I’m acquainted with who knows that tech is in the jewellery industry and would come with a hefty price tag. I’m afraid this is beyond my area of expertise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This should have all been clarified when they resumed the season. There is a legitimate argument to be made that this season does not count, however the players should be rewarded, and taking the trophy away a few weeks before it's end is a complete joke.

MLS needs to take control of the trophy moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

Ciman did the same thing but not as loud as OG.
    Bradley explained in detail how its a joke- and it will set the league back- I mentioned this as well.

Vanney said- if they win they'll paint a manhole gold and they'll get the whole team to lift it up if needed.

I am down to put money into this, i can start looking for some 3D CAD designers.

If someone has the original rendering could piggy back off that.

clearly these guys deserve something, the one point i was hoping someone would mention is the risk vs Reward (lack thereof) - risk being their health.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Bradley explained in detail how its a joke- and it will set the league back- I mentioned this as well.

Vanney said- if they win they'll paint a manhole gold and they'll get the whole team to lift it up if needed.

I am down to put money into this, i can start looking for some 3D CAD designers.

clearly these guys deserve something, the one point i was hoping someone would mention is the risk vs Reward (lack thereof) - risk being their health.
    I'd put some money in, fwiw.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Funny you should say this - the shield was designed by an RPB and was built in Toronto....so we have access to that lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have the molds....
    Father. . . Husband. . . Freemason. . . Redpatch Boy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Afra View Post

... The rebellion has begun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work with a lot of different manufacturers can someone explain to me what specifically is needed- like a CNC machine for example.

I can start making calls, should make an adjustment to the mold if possible

anyone have a rough idea what it costed? should start a reddit it thread and get supporters on same page.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty sure that making something along the lines of the current design will get messy. If TFC wins and Toronto supporters want to make something for them to keep, I am glad to help out making an award in a new design.
    Father. . . Husband. . . Freemason. . . Redpatch Boy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am pretty sure that making something along the lines of the current design will get messy. If TFC wins and Toronto supporters want to make something for them to keep, I am glad to help out making an award in a new design.

Something unique would be amazing. It would have to be simple though in order to pull it off both creatively and financially in the short amount of time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone have a rough idea what it costed? should start a reddit it thread and get supporters on same page.
    $18,000

Out of the ISC meeting in Portland came the creation of the Supporters' Shield Foundation, a registered non-profit which was setup to fund a new Supporters' Shield, as well as promote and manage the award going forward. Instead of the $3,000 required for the original Shield, a quote of $18,000 was taken from a trophy manufacturer in Toronto.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...-got-its-start

By the way, for anyone interested, this was what the original Supporters Shield looked like compared to the current one
    Last edited by rydermike; 10-19-2020 at 12:28 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats going on in the twitterverse..... https://twitter.com/FootballSaves/st...80716966969345

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

18K- oof im sure if season holders donated $1 Each should be able to get that easily.

Turn around time is key- I know many who you use Auto desk, solidworks and others and could possibly get a decent price depending on if my partner is willing to work with us.

Use the mold to get a rough idea and then tweak it for sure.

Ideas would be maybe including tfc shield, maple leaf flag and a mask lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this all coming from us playing Montreal and Vancouver a few times and all of MLS fans whining about it over and over? Like somehow it isn't fair. As of today there are 10 US MLS teams below Vancouver and Montreal in the overall standings. So going by the logic of the average stupid US MLS fan then any MLS team playing any of those US MLS teams below MTL/VAN also had an unfair advantage? Wow. Everyone totally overlooking we have had to play every game since as essentially an away game. Our team deserves something.....I still can't believe what is happening even so many hours after it was announced.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS should really step in and say either you award it, or we're moving on to a new trophy next year.

The players have come out saying it's important. Put an asterix on it if you want, it'll be a fitting reminder of this year. But you have to award it.

Either way, everyone responsible for this decision has to be removed from their position immediately, and permanently. There has to be something in the bylaws for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beaverton style headline would read "Supporters Groups of teams not in the running to win the Supporters Shield have decided to not award Supporters Shield".

It's just so lame and petty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    is this all coming from us playing Montreal and Vancouver a few times and all of MLS fans whining about it over and over? Like somehow it isn't fair. As of today there are 10 US MLS teams below Vancouver and Montreal in the overall standings. So going by the logic of the average stupid US MLS fan then any MLS team playing any of those US MLS teams below MTL/VAN also had an unfair advantage? Wow. Everyone totally overlooking we have had to play every game since as essentially an away game. Our team deserves something.....I still can't believe what is happening even so many hours after it was announced.

Colorado will have missed a bunch of games when all is said and done. They still have 10 games left, but I think only 4-5 are scheduled to actually happen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

18K- oof im sure if season holders donated $1 Each should be able to get that easily.

Turn around time is key- I know many who you use Auto desk, solidworks and others and could possibly get a decent price depending on if my partner is willing to work with us.

Use the mold to get a rough idea and then tweak it for sure.

Ideas would be maybe including tfc shield, maple leaf flag and a mask lol

reality is - this would be a TFC supporters initiative. So I would only count on them to chip in for this - and we would only chip in IF TFC were to win. Season isn't over - so i wouldn't put anything in stone .

With that being said - you should bank on a budget of $800 - $1000 max. I don't see much more being raised. Anything above that would be gravy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Colorado will have missed a bunch of games when all is said and done. They still have 10 games left, but I think only 4-5 are scheduled to actually happen.
    Yeah well I feel for Colorado but not like they were in the running for Supporters Shield realistically and if Colorado not being able to play all their games is the reason then this also penalizing all the teams as well that had super strict controls to avoid COVID exposure and just because one team didn't or got very unlucky the other teams can't compete for something. Not a good look for the league. Might as well cancel all the other individual league awards then too and maybe not even have a playoffs then because it all is affected/influenced by COVID in some way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    beaverton style headline would read "Supporters Groups of teams not in the running to win the Supporters Shield have decided to not award Supporters Shield".

It's just so lame and petty.
    Yep, absolutely and great point.

Everyone knows this year in many ways will always have an asterisk next to it. Is anything gained by not awarding the shield? MLS already had an unbalanced schedule. You aren’t crowned champion based on having the best record in the league. CONCACAF isn’t going to formally weak their qualifying formula based on the opinion of the supporters counsel. The team that has the best record will still be in the books as such. All that’s accomplished is making the players on the field feel a little less appreciated which is exactly what we didn’t want to do.

I think these people on the supporters council who came to this decision have forgotten what their role in this is supposed to be.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yep, absolutely and great point.

Everyone knows this year in many ways will always have an asterisk next to it. Is anything gained by not awarding the shield? MLS already had an unbalanced schedule. You aren’t crowned champion based on having the best record in the league. CONCACAF isn’t going to formally weak their qualifying formula based on the opinion of the supporters counsel. The team that has the best record will still be in the books as such. All that’s accomplished is making the players on the field feel a little less appreciated which is exactly what we didn’t want to do.

I think these people on the supporters council who came to this decision have forgotten what their role in this is supposed to be.
    So the question to ask is, if an American team finished with the best record (e.g. Columbus, Philly etc) do they qualify for CCL (normally in regular years the answer is yes) or did MLS give this spot to the winner of MLS is back. ( i.e. Portland Timbers.) Would make sense why Portland's rep doesn't care about the shield this year and the normal benefits that come along with placing first. They got their ticket to CCL and they have won the shield numerous times before. NYRB have no chance and they have won it 4 times, so you know where they would stand.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 10-19-2020 at 02:11 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the question to ask is, if an American team finished with the best record (e.g. Columbus, Philly etc) do they qualify for CCL (normally in regular years the answer is yes) or did MLS give this spot to the winner of MLS is back. ( i.e. Portland Timbers.) Would make sense why Portland's rep doesn't care about the shield this year and the normal benefits that come along with placing first. They got their ticket to CCL and they have won the shield numerous times before. NYRB have no chance and they have won it 4 times, so you know where they would stand.
    They announced that already. The league is keeping the same rewards for the first overall team that would have been there if the Shield was presented. That includes some bonus cash which I am assuming TFC would qualify for if they got first place but there is also the CCL spot which TFC would not be able to get because they are not a US team. It would go to the next highest US team. MLS is Back tourney CCL spot was being given in place of the US Open Cup winner's spot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great read of all this from a Save the Crew leader

Long thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully next year, MLS will just take over and award the first place team with something (besides home-field advantage) and get distance themselves from the ISG. What a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like they agreed to take a vote and discuss it, but not be bound by the vote

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Great read of all this from a Save the Crew leader

Long thread
    Very well written - anything from Sons of Ben (Philadelphia)? I figure if anyone else would be really upset about this it would be their supporters as this would be the first major trophy they could win and frankly if they win tonight, and beat us on Saturday, they would be in the lead with three games to go as they would have a better Goal Difference than us (I hope I am jinxing all of that of course) - just curious what their official position is on all of this - I would assume it would be like Columbus and ours.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But they blocked replies to the tweet