Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Exactly. I have many colleagues and relatives in the UK, Europe and Asia. None of them think that Canada is some sort of a backward country. Most people have a fairly accurate image of Toronto at the very least.
    But you do have to admit we have a pretty sedate, pleasant image, which is hardly what a professional footballer would reconcile with rabid support, despite our press.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    But you do have to admit we have a pretty sedate, pleasant image, which is hardly what a professional footballer would reconcile with rabid support, despite our press.
    There's no doubt about that. In terms of football, Canada IS perceived to be a backwater (and rightfully so). But then again, so is the rest of North America so we're not at a disadvantage.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I know...I am just using him as an example.

We are going to have to overpay a mercenary to come here. Plain and simple. Because we are not the most desireable place for players to come and play for various reasons. MLS, Turf, New Franchise...whatever.
    That's exactly what we have to do. It sucks, but the fact remains that most foreign players wouldn't even consider playing in Toronto if they had possible work in New York, LA, Chicago, DC, or any other large Armerican city. I'm sorry, but as proud as I am of my home; I'm not deluded enough to think that we are anywhere near the international stature shared by any of the aforementioned cities. Our nationality in addition to other issues such as the turf makes Toronto a less-than-stellar option for most European or South American players.

To convince a top-quality player to come to Toronto, MLSE is gonna have to dig deeper in their pockets than other teams would probably have to.

Of course, the best solution in my mind is to convince the best of our home-grown players (ie: De Ro) to come back to Canada and play here.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeeeeROOOOO!!!!!