Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the Vanney lack of sub thing, I just all out trust the guy. He has brought results time and time again. Through this crazy clown world scenario being based out of Hartford the team was on pace for the best PPG in MLS history. He has a plan and and I'm willing to blindly trust him.

What a relief hearing he is signing an extension. I wasnt even aware his contract was expiring. Remember when Kreis was deemed the savior for TFC because he coached RSL to 1 great season? All other MLS teams, except maybe Seattle, would be over the moon to kick out their current manager for Vanney.

Case in point. on this board we stopped the popular Vanney out thread like 2 year ago!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The only sub I think he could have made in that situation would have been Gallacher for Auro. I can't see throwing a kid into that pressing situation & seeing them succeed. (Gallardo just seems destined to never get a game but always be on the bench)
    Gallacher on the left. Auro switch to the right instead of Laryea. Tell one midfielder on the left, gassed anyway, to hang back a bit & help Tony. Gallardo on for Deleon or Osorio or Delgado or Poz who were all gassed. At least for a few minutes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the same, actually if you watch Gallardo clips. He always tracks back, he may be snake-bit offensively with his speed defensively it would have been fine. Unless Vanney thought the game was too physical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp, if I was on the bench for that game as a midfielder my ego would officially be shot. Osorio and Delgado were practically corpses out there being so run out and Vanney still stuck the starters.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly 2- DC 2 87th minute
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 10-14-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The union just tied the game on a scorcher from outside the box in the 87th.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a DC - Philly tie is still a great result for us - let’s go DC!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC playing again Sunday against Atlanta in Hartford. I'm guessing Vanney will have to make more subs then, maybe right from the start. It looked like there a whole bunch of bruises sustained tonight. NYRB do lots of hacking while they're pressing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start the car DC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I think a DC - Philly tie is still a great result for us - let’s go DC!!
    2-2 Draw, Reds still up by 3 points on the Union, 6 on the Crew and Orlando. Not the worst way to end the night.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^That's a nice shot, wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhandsome90 View Post
    I like Endoh. But he just doesn't have the pace like Gallardo does. Would like to see Gallardo get more minutes, but Vanney just refuses to use him like Shaff too.

Based on coaches Interview, he mentioned shaff been working his butt off and wants to throw him a bone for the effort. Also mentioned been working on his game and not always pushing it to his left

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    ^That's a nice shot, wow.
    It jumped out to me, it was on TFC's facebook page. It makes a statement on two fronts, against racial injustice and staying healthy during this pandemic.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Based on coaches Interview, he mentioned shaff been working his butt off and wants to throw him a bone for the effort. Also mentioned been working on his game and not always pushing it to his left
    Great post, maybe that’s one thing we don’t see... the work ethic. Maybe Aketxe, Gallardo etc just don’t work hard enough in practice (pure speculation). But I love to hear this about Shaff especially that he is working on his footwork. If that is Vanney’s rules then kudos to him. Still hate the 5 at the back collapse closing out games but can’t complain about hard work.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 10-14-2020 at 10:32 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Pozuelo, for the first time in a long time, looked really gassed in the 2nd half then the majority of the team followed. Glad to get the point for the tie in the end but seriously, how many good chances in or around the 18 yard box did we blow tonight where on other nights they would likely be goals for at least some? About 10 I would say. Tired players make finishing mistakes like that. Chalk this one up to fatigue and look forward to Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing lost, nothing gained concerning the race for the supporter's shield after this gameday, we were extremely lucky with the outcomes in the other matches (Philly, Columbus, Orlando). However, I consider Seattle more dangerous for us than all these teams, they have 2 games in hand, and making 6 points in those, they would have now just 2 points less than us.

Except maybe the defense, the whole team seemed having and off day in this match, but this has to equally do with the fatigue and the Red Bulls' performance and style of play. Remember that we always had big problems playing teams who are applying relentless high press and being very physical. No matter if it was 2008, 2013, 2017 or this year.

All in all, the final result is equitable for both teams, maybe we should be glad we haven't lost this one.
    I disagree with those saying that we could have easily won the game having so many good chances (but we had a ton of extremely weak shots on goal, and we had zero finishing clarity today) , because considering the whole picture of the game we had no business at all winning this one.

At half time I was extremely surprised seeing the possession % domination we had until then, it seemed to me that it was more like 50-50, or the Red Bulls dominated even more! That was really strange...
    I think that's because when they had the ball, the play was mostly in our final third, but when TFC had the ball, the play was mostly not close to the Philly goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Does anyone believe we deserve to be winning this match? Well at least in the 2nd half we will be attacking the goal on the right side of the pitch where historically we have done better when playing in Hartford.
    I felt that way the entire game. That was one of those really frusturating ones where you KNOW we deserved to win, at least 2-1 or 3-1. Poz could've easily had a hat trick.

However, all things considered, I'll take/settle for the draw. I'm hoping Bradley and Altidore can make it back sooner than later to help alleviate the squad rotation/etc.

Onwards to our game Sunday evening against Atlanta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They looked so gassed. A bit surprised he didn’t bring Fraser on; he has looked good the last couple of times. Fraser for Poz and move Oso up a bit? Anyway a draw against the Red Bulls Isn’t a bad result. Not unhappy. When we looked good we looked good.

Ayo was off his game too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would everyone stop giving TFC excuses, yes Vanney should had made more subs, you can sub half the team now, we did not win because TFC is not ruthless or selfish enough, Pozuelo should have buried that opportunity, that he did the stupid dummy to make it look pretty, be fucking selfish, make it pretty when we are up by a few goals. And stop with excuses, we are not the only team with a compacted schedule, have to play on artificial turf, have injuries ffs, I am fed up with the excuses. Play hard TFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Would everyone stop giving TFC excuses, yes Vanney should had made more subs, you can sub half the team now, we did not win because TFC is not ruthless or selfish enough, Pozuelo should have buried that opportunity, that he did the stupid dummy to make it look pretty, be fucking selfish, make it pretty when we are up by a few goals. And stop with excuses, we are not the only team with a compacted schedule, have to play on artificial turf, have injuries ffs, I am fed up with the excuses. Play hard TFC
    I agree, no excuses, but why are you making excuses for Vanney only making 2 or 5 available subs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I agree, no excuses, but why are you making excuses for Vanney only making 2 or 5 available subs?
    That wasn't the intention, more of a comment Vanney should have subbed his 5 players, lol