0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start the Car !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is how you win on the road. Really proud of that win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akinola is legit. Keep feeding him minutes and we're in for a big payday in 2 years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take the points and run. What awful entertainment value all the way around.

If MLS wants a real TV contract it needs to sort out these sorts of venues. Terrible for the viewer

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3rd win ever in that place, from what they said earlier - grind it out and keep going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that match was close only because of the pitch. revs are not on our level. bruce arena is over rated and I lived in boston so let me also say a quick fuck that boring place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Akinola is legit. Keep feeding him minutes and we're in for a big payday in 2 years
    agreed. people are already starting to take notice.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to the boys. Can't believe we pulled it off

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, TSN, is showing the end of the Montreal-Columbus game and I find myself in the disturbing position of hoping Montreal wins

EDIT: And now I can stop, as the game is over and Columbus lost. I feel dirty...I think I am going to go take a shower!
    Last edited by GerMc; 10-07-2020 at 08:55 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky to escape with all 3 points but whatever it takes!

Revs missing Carles Gil and Gustavo Bou really hurt their attack.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Lucky to escape with all 3 points but whatever it takes!

Revs missing Carles Gil and Gustavo Bou really hurt their attack.
    Yeah we were lucky Gil & Bou were out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys i think we broke Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugly game, but came out with 3pts.

Bono really needs some serious work on his distribution, basically non-existent. Ciman had a really strong, smart performance tonight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Start the Car !!
    Start the bus as that is exactly what they are taking back to Hartford tonight.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well with that crappy field that looked extra slippery at the start along with it being a road game against a team that likes to use physicality over skill and pound our players all night long, I think TFC did really well to get all 3 points. This was never going to be an easy game or a pretty one for that matter (luck on our side for a change on the penalty). Back in 2017 on our great run I recall a good number of road games where we scrapped for all 3 points and the game was very ugly but you know what....we got the 3 points and in the end that was all that mattered. On to Cincy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhandsome90 View Post
    Ugly game, but came out with 3pts.

Bono really needs some serious work on his distribution, basically non-existent. Ciman had a really strong, smart performance tonight.
    And with holding onto the ball. Am I crazy or did he punch a lot of simple catches and also drop a lot of catchable balls? Had no command of the box

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    And with holding onto the ball. Am I crazy or did he punch a lot of simple catches and also drop a lot of catchable balls? Had no command of the box
    I thought most of his punches were OK, safer as he was getting to them through a crowd. Better than dropping the ball in that situation, as he did on other occasions.

And yes, awful and risky on at least 2-3 crosses tonight. One he should have / could have caught. I think there were 2 others that he totally misjudged and came out wrong. He either should have stayed on his line, or judged the flight of the ball better to attack it at a catchable height. Luckily it didn't cost us. I thought at his height he would do much better at crosses; I don't remember that being a significant weak spot of Bono's in the past but my memory may be cloudy. This may also be the kind of thing that needs more in-game experience in order to be consistent, but Bono probably won't be getting much of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    The background crowd noise sounds like something from an SCTV comedy skit from the 1980's
    lol, I was thinking the same thing. What sort of vibe were they going for, ambient bar chatter before the two main characters come into the scene? I ain't mad, just curious. lol.

And yet another "character" team effort, but that game certainly could've gone quite a few ways. Looked more like a 2-1 or 3-1 game. Akinola could've had a hat trick if a few more things fell into place.

Enjoy a rest today, get back into some training tomorrow and saturday, and get ready for Cincy on Sunday evening. Perfect timing for the game feeling stuffed on turkey, mashed potatoes and all the trimmings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akinola now tied top 5 for goals.

Stats Head-to-Head

Akinola (20 years old): 11 matches, 8 starts, 768 minutes - 8 goals, 0 assists, no cards and 124k

Altidore (30):12 matches, 10 starts, 714 minutes - 2 goals, 1 assist, 3 yellow cards and 6 million dollars

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

Stats Head-to-Head

Akinola (20 years old): 11 matches, 8 starts, 768 minutes - 8 goals, 0 assists, no cards and 124k

Altidore (30):12 matches, 10 starts, 714 minutes - 2 goals, 1 assist, 3 yellow cards and 6 million dollars
    Nice one. Quite the contrast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stats Head-to-Head

Ayo is having a great year and it is good to see his development. I suspect his skill level is around the Jozy level from just before he went to Holland, given his age, relative competitions they were in, etc etc (Jozy was on the books of Villareal but had several loans, including to Hull in the UK). The challenge for the club is that we need a Jozy of 2017 to complete at the highest level - ideally that is the Jozy of 2020 but if not, who? is the question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ thinks the goal was a foul. I am surprised it didn't go to VAR.
    The way I understand it, VAR can only check for offside relating to a goal, penalty decisions and yellow/red cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    He did miss a few easy catches (either punched or on occasion where he completely missed the ball). Q has better positioning, Bono stays too deep. I remember one situation where he came out and punched the ball straight to a Revs player, then had to make a diving save. I was calling out the cross location from my couch right before it happened. Should have been a straight forward catch without the need for the save.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    The way I understand it, VAR can only check for offside relating to a goal, penalty decisions and yellow/red cards.
    Nah VAR also reviews possible fouls committed in the attacking phase of the play, leading up to the goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should definitely pat the team on the back for this win.

This is MLS’s version of a “Rainy night it Stoke”. A game that’s decidedly unglamorous and easy to excuse if it doesn’t work. We had some luck but still took the points and ran.

In the scenario, it’s all you can ask for... short if kicking that poor excuse for a franchise in the ass and forcing them to build a real stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just glad there were no injuries. The win is just icing on the cake.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all my criticism of Vanney at times, i don't think the tactics were wrong. We did come out strong, played the long ball to try to expose them.... one was very close by Akinola, the other one went in. i think we had the soccer gods on our side.

We were sloppy, we got about 5 divine interventions on NE sure sitters but on nights like last night, you just take it and run. Even when we hunkered down, i was ok because the vibe was just survive. Other nights, i may not be so kind but it was a miserable night in a miserable city. Take the 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Nah VAR also reviews possible fouls committed in the attacking phase of the play, leading up to the goal.
    Yeh -you're right. I remember one of our goals being disallowed a couple of years ago for a foul that had happened way down the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stats Head-to-Head

The current Altidore contract might be the worst one in TFC history. This could be a fun topic to discuss. What were the worst contracts given out by TFC?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The current Altidore contract might be the worst one in TFC history. This could be a fun topic to discuss. What were the worst contracts given out by TFC?
    That conversation starts & ends with Mo