Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Regular Season Phase 2 Game 3 - Columbus "@" TFC - Sunday 7:30pm - Why Don't We

Why don't we make believe

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game 4?

Covid moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team must step up and play like Champions, not a Sunday pub league team, play like you mean it and be ruthless, said it know come on TFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's game day!! COYR!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big win for the Reds, just came to the boards, boy it looks like this thread died pretty quickly.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seemed to be a log in issue.... what an outstanding second half. Full marks to the entire team. Not exactly sure what change(s) was made for the second half. Worked today and fell asleep around 36mins and luckily woke up for the second.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so happy that Reds were able to get their own field and not face what the Whitecaps are in playing in Portland, where they really are the visitor tonight against the Timbers.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"effin team effin works" showed up in the second half.

Vanney outcoached Porter.

All 3 DPs worked their butts off.

Vanney with the interesting psychological point that the guys spent the first half reacting to the last play and they needed to calm down & reset & focus on the current play. He hinted about that after the DCU game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seemed like the site was down. Anyway that was the best half of football they played all season, and against a quality opponent. Even Jozy was playing hard. Where has this type of performance been all year?
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 09-27-2020 at 11:27 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a flashback, if anyone is not familiar after each TFC goal tonight they played the old Whalers Brass Bonanza song. Gotta Love It ( :

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+brass+bonanza

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a great 2nd half, Richie was a beast but a complete team game. Big enough to say Vanney got the team focused in the second half, also loved that we kept at them and didn’t sit back. We are too good of a team to put three in the back and let them come at us. Need to keep pushing hard like tonight... next up Philly!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup the reason for the quiet game thread is that the boards were down earlier. LOL at least we missed out on bitching at each other & the team during the first half. That was awful. Pozuelo & almost everyone else looked gassed. Everything was pretty aimless. And Mavinga, despite his general awesomeness, is painfully one-footed: tries to do everything with his left foot even when it makes zero sense.

What a turnaround for the 2nd half! Amazing. I've often complained that Vanney can't seem to turn things around in-game, even after halftime. But boy was i wrong about that tonight! And happy to be wrong!

And yes great that TFC kept pushing and controlling as much as they could. Didn't try to sit back and absorb just because they were up by one or two.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who was that team that showed up in the second half of the game tonight? I would love to have them back for our next game

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie Laryea for PM.

He thinks he's Messi or something. MoM

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things we missed in this thread yesterday (not necessarily me, just what would likely have been predicted to have happened)

• Since when did MLS hire Battle of Britain fighter pilots as referees?
    • Nice save Q
    • Uh, there's a fan soundtrack & it just played Dichio?
    • Oooo that was close
    • Good game so far but they are starting to take it to us a bit too much for my liking
    • UGH
    • Yeah, not great decision making by Mavinga but man Westberg, you have to call for that one and why no pressure on the ball in?
    • Well that was pathetic
    • Sub Jozy at the half
    • Vanney needs to....
    • Can't string any passes together
    • Ball movement is slow
    • Well at least the pitch looks alright
    • No changes?
    • GET IN
    • Richie with the great moves
    • Wait a second, was that the Hartford Whalers theme song?
    • We are bossing them like we have not bossed anybody in years
    • Did you lot see Piatti do a hulk beast man congrats move at Jozy there tracking back & getting stuck in
    • POZ!!!!!
    • sweet strike but great move by Richie to find that
    • They have no answer and look shell shocked
    • Don't hold back for the win now - go for it
    • Not sure what Vanney told them at the half but the midfield looks so darn smooth
    • Are they really playing the Viking Clap on the fan soundtrack?
    • They can't get a hold of the ball
    • RICHIE IS GOD
    • I thought Messi was still playing for Barca
    • Now, don't screw this up
    • 4 subs at once - that's a hockey line change
    • Great game boys - tale of two halves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was an amazing half of soccer. TFC played so well and it was a pleasure to watch. They hustled, won back lost balls and attacked relentlessly. Let’s see that effort for the rest of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great summary OG. Too bad the boards were down, I wanted to discuss the game with someone! They were superb in the second half. The Columbus players and coach looked shell shocked.

On their goal, Q should have had that. Similar in a way to the DC tying goal. What happened to “KEEP - ER” - it’s a basic skill to call for it.

Poz was really poor in the first half. Looked dead in his feet. Not sure what they gave him at half time but it worked.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one OG.

I would have added, the refs letting them mug Piatti. 1st half

Did you see Poz basically run around the field with 3 Crew chasing him... too funny. 2nd half.

btw... anyone know the exact formation we ran in the 2nd half. I know we had Lareya on the overlap, Piatti shifted back to the right, Akinola to the left but it seamed so fluid couldn't quite make it out. Was that it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That second half was an absolute pleasure to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had settled down to watch the game, but then realized that TSN2 wasn't on my cable package anymore.
    Couldn't TSN have put it on TSN3, 4, or 5?
    I did get to watch the highlights, and you could really feel that Columbus had the run of play in the first half, and Laryea was a beast in the second half. It was a great result I didn't expect.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I had settled down to watch the game, but then realized that TSN2 wasn't on my cable package anymore.
    Couldn't TSN have put it on TSN3, 4, or 5?
    I did get to watch the highlights, and you could really feel that Columbus had the run of play in the first half, and Laryea was a beast in the second half. It was a great result I didn't expect.
    If you have cable, you should be able to use your account login to access TSN.ca live streams
    You may be able to get TSN 2 that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how long before euro starts calling for Richie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    It seemed like the site was down. Anyway that was the best half of football they played all season, and against a quality opponent. Even Jozy was playing hard. Where has this type of performance been all year?
    I want to know what the hell Vanney said at halftime. Man-o-man they came out hot.

Amazing game by Laryea. I think it’s obvious (if it wasn’t already before) Laryea starts and you worry about where Morrow or Auro can play after.

That said, to me he looks almost as good on the left as he does on the right, so there’s flexibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying the site/board on and off for the evening, both on mobile and desktop (two completely different O/S and browsers, and wasn't working. Glad to see it back online!

Really tight and technical first half, we were all even and the Mavinga OG was unfortunate. Any CB does that same play at 99% of the time the ball deflects out of bounds. It is what it is, not "his" mistake at all.

And as others have mentioned, dang what a second half. Everyone was dialed in. I'll be watching Richie's goal on repeat for days

Toronhartford till I die

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Nice one OG.

I would have added, the refs letting them mug Piatti. 1st half

Did you see Poz basically run around the field with 3 Crew chasing him... too funny. 2nd half.

btw... anyone know the exact formation we ran in the 2nd half. I know we had Lareya on the overlap, Piatti shifted back to the right, Akinola to the left but it seamed so fluid couldn't quite make it out. Was that it?
    What I saw was 4-4-1-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    I was thinking that last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    I was trying the site/board on and off for the evening, both on mobile and desktop (two completely different O/S and browsers, and wasn't working. Glad to see it back online!

Really tight and technical first half, we were all even and the Mavinga OG was unfortunate. Any CB does that same play at 99% of the time the ball deflects out of bounds. It is what it is, not "his" mistake at all.

And as others have mentioned, dang what a second half. Everyone was dialed in. I'll be watching Richie's goal on repeat for days

Toronhartford till I die
    hahahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Year or 2. If Osorio was getting interest from bundesliga clubs at 27, Laryea at 25 will be getting the same, if not more attention.

If I’m Herdman, I build Canada around Davies and Laryea at wingback, and let the test slot in where the may. Both are game changers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OG with a great summary - kept trying to log in and share the joy of that second half with some people who could really appreciate how well they were playing (3 great goals including an all-timer by Lareya - all against a team that had given up 5 goals in 13 games or so!)....for those of us around since the beginning, those type of games (real dominance in the regular season against a top opponent - not a “start the car” steal of a game), outside of the 2017 season seem few and far between - the part that makes us so frustrated with this team is that they have the ability to play like this more often; as much as there are some issues that we have in this squad - Altidore playing 75% of the available minutes in a season would be nice, some more stability and depth in the back (no more Zavs/Ciman combo ever again please!), come to mind - we can truly be great if we play the way we are capable of (we have the “highest ceiling” in my opinion) - let’s be frank, they could have (should have) won in 2016, and last year had we been healthy we had a decent shot as well after two gutsy road wins in NY and Atl. Look at how other top teams have fared after losing their key scoring DP, it’s hard to replace a 20+ point (goals?!) player in this league.....

I think we will always see our own faults as greater than our opponents faults as we are examining our team much more closely than following most other teams in this league - we aren’t perfect by any stretch - no team is - but this is a mature team that plays with a lot of guts on most nights and save for the exhaustion/injuries (post CCL) of May 2018 - October 2018; this team (and Seattle) has been as good as any in terms of producing without a full squad over the last 4-5 years....

An hour or so of joyful viewing last night in the second half seems so different than the usual panic of how we are going to give up a goal in the last 15 minutes to blow a lead somehow (why aren’t we being more aggressive?! - ha ha ha).....

A healthy TFC will be a beast to deal with in the playoffs - let’s hope 2016/2017 gets mirrored in 2019/2020 and redemption will be ours once again....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Refreshing to finally see! First game all season, in my opinion, that they played with passion and heart. Columbus took it to us in the first half and contributed to it being an excellent, exciting game.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 09-28-2020 at 02:35 PM.