Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is cardboard cutouts in hartford.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    My guess is cardboard cutouts in hartford.
    Not if they are talking about people being in the stands as they have for the final four games. I guess they could do cuts outs down low and have the people higher in the stands.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...20 hours from now so 3:30 pm tomorrow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interactive Viewing Experience for MLSE teams (Leafs/Raptors/TFC/Argos) - Beta Testing for the remainder of the TFC season -- might give it a try tonight and see how it works....so, not cardboard cutouts....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Interactive Viewing Experience for MLSE teams (Leafs/Raptors/TFC/Argos) - Beta Testing for the remainder of the TFC season -- might give it a try tonight and see how it works....so, not cardboard cutouts....
    No TSN or Sportsnet subscription..............no Beta Testing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boddington View Post
    No TSN or Sportsnet subscription..............no Beta Testing.

I think it is a good idea, except pretty cheeky of them to ask for my Bell or Rogers account ID.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

I have both Sportsnet & TSN streaming services subscription but can't get into the closed beta soooo...

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    LOL

I have both Sportsnet & TSN streaming services subscription but can't get into the closed beta soooo...
    You 'r e not missing much the match thread here won't be PG-13

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, would rather watch the game with you guys anyways.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt mind the concept of the app, but it really became a chore/distraction. Zero chance I'd ever pay for the feature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt mind the concept of the app, but it really became a chore/distraction. Zero chance I'd ever pay for the feature.
    I feel the same way. My stream was a couple of seconds behind my cable tv which made the situation worse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    You're absolutely correct. I was one of those who opted to keep my money with MLSE over the course of pandemic and it seems that there was no benefit to doing so.

Those that got the refund did not give up their seats and we able to renew with same seats at same price freeze and was giving a 10% food credit. You did not have to pay anything until January. So really no difference if you got the refund or told them to keep it. The only difference is that if you have more dollars than cents during this covid time than sure its ok to tell them to keep it. If you don't have more dollars than cents and could have used the refund to do something else than you could have waited a month to get your refund (if it was check in the mail) and Still keep your spot and not make any decisions till January. Either way it was poorly handled but business is business i guess. I/m sure I'm not the only one who was frustrated by this. I would also like to see what the other clubs in MLS did for SSH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the impression I get too, no benefit (to me or the countless others that did it) in keeping the money with MLSE. Of course, there's benefits for MLSE, but not us, the supporters.

To be honest, it's very disappointing and shows how much they value money over loyalty.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    That's the impression I get too, no benefit (to me or the countless others that did it) in keeping the money with MLSE. Of course, there's benefits for MLSE, but not us, the supporters.

To be honest, it's very disappointing and shows how much they value money over loyalty.
    I agree. Giving a benefit for our loyalty and carrying money forward should have been unique. Giving it to everyone else as well that joins now is great for those new people but completely negates anything that was supposed to be a special gesture by TFC for the loyalty aspect.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    You 'r e not missing much the match thread here won't be PG-13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Agreed, would rather watch the game with you guys anyways.
    Are we at all surprised they're trying this? Talk about catching on late! We've been doing this ourselves awhile now.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Words cannot describe the great feeling I have about myself for not renewing my season seats

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Words cannot describe the great feeling I have about myself for not renewing my season seats
    Glad you are happy with yourself but I don't see the point in posting this. Most people who renewed did it for reasons other than any marketing gimmicks or food/merch discounts and don't really care about such things that much.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Glad you are happy with yourself but I don't see the point in posting this. Most people who renewed did it for reasons other than any marketing gimmicks or food/merch discounts and don't really care about such things that much.
    I agree, I will never give up my seats. I left the money I had in my account, about $450 for next year, but completely understand anyone that did not especially during these uncertain times.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post

It was a really hard decision because I love going to TFC games. I was spending $3000/yr for season seats.
    It is not worth the money in my opinion. The entertainment value is not worth it to me. The best word to describe the games this year is boring.
    will the games be more exciting next year? who knows?
    That is why I am so happy with myself that I made this decision because it was a tough decision to give up my nice seats but I did and I do not have $300 coming onto my credit card every month. That is the best part, no charge on the credit card every month
    I will still go, but when I do go I am sure that I will buy tickets online for 50 cents on the dollar or even if full price I will end up spending less that $3000/yr to see TFC as I will only go to select games.

Jozy never plays VV is gone, Seba is gone
    Could you imagine paying top dollar to watch that game last night. Not me anymore
    Last edited by stevep; 11-02-2020 at 12:02 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be spending top dollar, but I will be spending what I normally pay to watch the Reds play of course.

This is still way better than 6-7 years ago, heck we are in 2nd place, thats amazing! It ain't pretty, but winning is winning!
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Tfc is advertising 10% off plus F&b credit for buying seasons for 2021. What exactly was the benefit for keeping ur money in there and renewing vs getting a refund vs those buying brand new seasons? Weren’t they suppose to make it right. I’m not expecting free tickets but what was the making it right thing. Just seems very we don’t need you ,you need us mentality. Seems a bit of a let down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not renewing season seats for 2021 that is a no brainer at this time.
    Anyone that renewed they're season seats for 2021 clearly made the wrong decision and has to live with their decision.
    I don't feel sorry for you though, it's only money.
    The question is what would one pay to watch tonight's game at BMO?
    If this is what it is going to be like next year at BMO, boring, lifeless football what is a single game worth in dollars?
    For me $0.00. I cannot place any monetary value on this sporting spectacle.
    That was excruciating to watch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has treated ssh and especially supporters, like garbage for about 70 percent of its existence.
    Going back to the ransom back days. One year light greys went up 47 percent!

The 10 percent offer to new ssh is a joke, considering they're giving those who let them hold the 2020 payment the same.

There are relatively no giveaways or benefits other than a coupon book and a scarf. The free jersey with the BMO renewal was amazing. Get creative. Maybe after 10 years of being a ssh you get a signed photo of Bradley. Would cost team nothing. Do something.

That said, if i dont renew I'll likely never have my supporters seats again. But if i was in any other area I'd likely say forget it. I've never felt valued as an SSH. I've never felt i get extra value than the tourists behind me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TFC experience both at home, on the road and anywhere else is what you make of it and not what the club does or does not do. We as a group have been afforded many great experiences over the years especially during the time Tim L was at the helm of MLSE and still do. While this is many cases does not pertain to actually being a SSH, some do. This is a very accessible team and one I will always support as to me its the focus is the 11 men on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has treated ssh and especially supporters, like garbage for about 70 percent of its existence.
    Going back to the ransom back days. One year light greys went up 47 percent!

The 10 percent offer to new ssh is a joke, considering they're giving those who let them hold the 2020 payment the same.

There are relatively no giveaways or benefits other than a coupon book and a scarf. The free jersey with the BMO renewal was amazing. Get creative. Maybe after 10 years of being a ssh you get a signed photo of Bradley. Would cost team nothing. Do something.

That said, if i dont renew I'll likely never have my supporters seats again. But if i was in any other area I'd likely say forget it. I've never felt valued as an SSH. I've never felt i get extra value than the tourists behind me.
    Really good point about supporters section based other seats
    I would keep the supporters seats as those seats get really close to cost in the aftermarket don’t they?

My seats in 108 I would have lost a lot of money

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a reminder

No scarf in 2020