Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This off-season I hope we can unload Jozy and sign a Giovenco type striker that also creates some buzz around the city. My fear however is since no revenue from ticket sales is being generated that ownership will not agree to such a signing. In addition it is going to cost a lot to buy-out Altidore as I don"t believe any team in MLS will want to take on his contract by way of a transfer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    We wil see. We were very disorganized tonight - Richie was all over the place for example - but it will be a new game. Don’t count us out. Maybe we see the Shaff
    Shaff is a non Latin Gallardo. He can run fast, and that's about it. I don't see him as a long term solution.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of discussion of Bono tonight. I thought he had a great game. Couple of key stops, and his distribution wasn't a disaster (though it wasn't great either, that will never be a strength of his). He is a shotstopper--and a pretty damn good one when he is on. But I think people are forgetting that for a while, he was not stopping shots, and letting in some pretty weak goals. His confidence was shot, and it showed almost every game. And it was not just that the team in front of him was terrible (as we were then), but that he was letting in goals he shouldn't have. Westberg was a big improvement when he came in, not only in distribution, which he is top notch on, but also in the shot stopping.

But it is great to see Bono back in form again. It is always good to have competition, thought I would still take Westberg over him, even though Westberg does make the occasional mistake.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Start the Airplane!
    LOL...

I wonder if MLS has gotten rid of the limits on charters this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    LOL...

I wonder if MLS has gotten rid of the limits on charters this season?
    Pretty sure they're not allowed to fly economy this year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every flight is a charter. Some of the teams are going for the cheapest option available. TFC is trying to use the same plane every time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Start the car!! (Is this the new team slogan?!)
    Better than Park the bus

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is good seeing competition for roles. Re-watched parts of the game. Bono should get man of the match, whether it was good positioning or a couple of really nice tips. It would have been difficult last night to climb back from being one or two down.

I'm also impressed by his professionalism, hasn’t complained and keeps working hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    Lots of discussion of Bono tonight. I thought he had a great game. Couple of key stops, and his distribution wasn't a disaster (though it wasn't great either, that will never be a strength of his). He is a shotstopper--and a pretty damn good one when he is on. But I think people are forgetting that for a while, he was not stopping shots, and letting in some pretty weak goals. His confidence was shot, and it showed almost every game. And it was not just that the team in front of him was terrible (as we were then), but that he was letting in goals he shouldn't have. Westberg was a big improvement when he came in, not only in distribution, which he is top notch on, but also in the shot stopping.

But it is great to see Bono back in form again. It is always good to have competition, thought I would still take Westberg over him, even though Westberg does make the occasional mistake.
    thats about right and fair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky win, we look so disorganized, the entire team seems to fuck about with the ball only to give it away to the opposing team, could barley string more than 2 or 3 passes together, TFC have been playing like this since the second game of the so called Canadian phase, it is coaching I think, Vanney has become so predictable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m still so pumped over this win! Still can’t believe the group pulled that off! Credit to the whole club coming off a weekend match, tired, lots of injuries, make shift midfield, the return of Alex Bono(!!!) and Vanney most of all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC were extremely lucky last night. If that was another team that had a decent strike force, the score would have been at least 4-1. The formation was all wrong and half the midfield was not back tracking. We were lucky and it's as as simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've certainly lost or tied our fair share of matches when we played how NYCFC did last night. It's about time we stole one of those ourselves.

A win is a win.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you go... Bono named to Team of the Week

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/0...m-week-week-13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    TFC were extremely lucky last night. If that was another team that had a decent strike force, the score would have been at least 4-1. The formation was all wrong and half the midfield was not back tracking. We were lucky and it's as as simple as that.
    Sure they were lucky.
    From 10 games with NY City, with this same going, TFC would lose 7, would draw 2, and would win 1.

But how many times we were unlucky this season, losing precious poins in the last stages of games (albeit because wrong tactics, errors)?
    Luck goes both ways...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Sure they were lucky.
    From 10 games with NY City, with this same going, TFC would lose 7, would draw 2, and would win 1.

But how many times we were unlucky this season, losing precious poins in the last stages of games (albeit because wrong tactics, errors)?
    Luck goes both ways...
    Yes that's true but TFC's bad luck in previous games this season was brought onto TFC by themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have beaten them two out of three times this season. So I dont think we can say that we would only win one out of ten.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a sad note, Heber's injury confirmed to be an ACL. Could tell it was bad at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    On a sad note, Heber's injury confirmed to be an ACL. Could tell it was bad at the time.
    I thought he had broken his leg. Poor guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought we were lucky but let’s keep in mind that was as make shift of a midfield as we’ll ever see from TFC.

Looking back at this, I might suggest we pair down our wide options slightly and add someone who is through-and-through a central midfielder.