RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Regular Season Phase 2 - Other Teams

Thought it might be better to corral stuff about games for the rest of the league now that we are playing them all again.

Here's an interesting one - story is Barco might be sold

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other teams transfer news has its own thread though.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...26#post1921626

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, I was more thinking about the games....but interest beyond TFC seems to have fallen off the cliff.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example, a couple of years ago, this would have been all over TFC twitter

(VAR made it a red)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He aimed too high...apparently the refs only keep an eye on blows to the knee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think interest in sports in general has declined this year. Other than TFC games I haven't watched anything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the interest has taken a bit of a dive this year but that's expected with everything going on.
    However the Impact game wasn't even on TSN last night. I get that it's Sunday night football but does that mean TSN doesn't broadcast the MLS games then? I assume they still have the contract even though they are playing their games all in the states since TFC and Whitecaps game was shown on Saturday. Just having a quick look at the MLS soccer site it also says that Toronto ans whitecaps games are going to be on TSN but Impact games wont be and they are only on TVA Sports. So when you only have 3 Canadian teams and they don't televise them all i'm sure there will also be a drop off in interest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I think the interest has taken a bit of a dive this year but that's expected with everything going on.
    However the Impact game wasn't even on TSN last night. I get that it's Sunday night football but does that mean TSN doesn't broadcast the MLS games then? I assume they still have the contract even though they are playing their games all in the states since TFC and Whitecaps game was shown on Saturday. Just having a quick look at the MLS soccer site it also says that Toronto ans whitecaps games are going to be on TSN but Impact games wont be and they are only on TVA Sports. So when you only have 3 Canadian teams and they don't televise them all i'm sure there will also be a drop off in interest
    I was prepared to put that game on in the background but I was very surprised they were only showing football.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impact TV contract is with TVA - TSN usually only cover them if they have a game against another Canadian team or its the home opener or its on US network TV(almost never). TVA blacks it out from DAZN.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

13 MLS Games Tonight

Starts at 5pm & goes for 7 hours

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Impact TV contract is with TVA - TSN usually only cover them if they have a game against another Canadian team or its the home opener or its on US network TV(almost never). TVA blacks it out from DAZN.
    In normal times TSN shows the Impact 10 times each year as part of their Canadian national deal with MLS. Its the same for the Reds and Vancouver. The Reds and Vancouver regional/local broadcast deals are with TSN too so all of their games are in one place. The Impact as far as I can tell have never had a regional/local English language broadcast partner. They are only on TVA in french. I guess TSN or anyone else for that matter have deemed it not worth it to pursue one?
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 09-23-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a mess the Whitecaps are tonight, down 3-0 12 min in. Bradley Wright-Phillips with two goals in a 5 min span.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, Vancouver is having a Canada v. Honduras level meltdown. 5-0 getting close to halftime.

Can anyone even fake the idea this is working?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rapids game off due to Covid within their team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the Nashville v Dallas game last night and thought I was brought back to 1996. The NFL football lines and logos clearly on the field. Looked terrible for TV even though the game was actually good. If new teams coming ino the league cannot or refuse to remove NFL lines should be fined.