Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 91 to 107 of 107
  1. #91
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,301
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    With a new CBA tentatively agreed to by MLS and the players I would think the announcement for the date of the final vs Forge would not be too far off. As we know many players are have already or are making their way to Toronto.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  2. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,935
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    With a new CBA tentatively agreed to by MLS and the players I would think the announcement for the date of the final vs Forge would not be too far off. As we know many players are have already or are making their way to Toronto.
    At this point maybe best to play it the weekend before MLS starts. That would give both teams time to prepare.

  3. #93
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    16,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL


    The winner gets a trip to play Club Leon of LigaMx.

  4. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    845
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You know what? I am now cool with just letting Forge represent Canada.

  5. #95
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    LOL


    The winner gets a trip to play Club Leon of LigaMx.
    Nothing like facing the champions of Liga MX to get #Armasout and #baldfraudarmas going.

  6. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Leon is sitting pretty far down in the standings right now, but they finished top 2 in the past four Liga MX half seasons.

    Hoping we win against Forge, but lets not kill ourselves against Leon. Could be a good chance to get some youth players some minutes.

  7. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,051
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Leon is sitting pretty far down in the standings right now, but they finished top 2 in the past four Liga MX half seasons.

    Hoping we win against Forge, but lets not kill ourselves against Leon. Could be a good chance to get some youth players some minutes.
    Way too early in the season to say they're pretty far down. They've played 4 games (most have played 5) and they're 6 points behind first. They win their game in hand and they're only one win back of top of the table.

  8. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How would we (or Forge for that matter) even manage the CCL with travel restrictions? The round of 16 might be doable since it's before the season starts, but what happens if we make the quarters which would fall about a week into the MLS season?

  9. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    116
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    How would we (or Forge for that matter) even manage the CCL with travel restrictions? The round of 16 might be doable since it's before the season starts, but what happens if we make the quarters which would fall about a week into the MLS season?
    Looks like the Canadian teams will be starting in the USA. So I'd assume they'd deal with it the same way the US MLS teams deal with it.

  10. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    879
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/...553937409?s=21

    That’s as brutal as it gets for a draw.

  11. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/...553937409?s=21

    That’s as brutal as it gets for a draw.
    That's completely untenable for the Canadian club. TFC is nowhere near as talented as they were in 2018. I would just give it to Hamilton at this point and let them get the experience (and the costs). Why does it seem we get shafted most years with the draw?

  12. #102
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    16,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    That's completely untenable for the Canadian club. TFC is nowhere near as talented as they were in 2018. I would just give it to Hamilton ...
    I support a team, not a project.


    Sorry, but NEVER give up on a trophy.

  13. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I support a team, not a project.


    Sorry, but NEVER give up on a trophy.

    How can you say that??!! My best memories at BMO Field are those Champions League games against Mexican teams!!
    Leon - bring it on! Go Poz and Richie and the rest! We can beat 'em!!

  14. #104
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Why does it seem we get shafted most years with the draw?
    The CSA and CONCACAF are backing the CPL, they are all in on that project. Despite the current higher level of play, MLS is an American league, so it doesn't meet their goals for Canada. That's all we need to know.


  15. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The CSA and CONCACAF are backing the CPL, they are all in on that project. Despite the current higher level of play, MLS is an American league, so it doesn't meet their goals for Canada. That's all we need to know.
    Sorry I wasn't clear - I meant that *Canada* gets shafted with the draws most years. I think I can count on one hand years where Canadian Teams didn't start CCL against a Mexican Club. It applies to both CPL and Canadian MLS clubs. American clubs usually get a cakewalk the first round or two.

  16. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    382
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe March 20th:

    https://twitter.com/beezersun/status...166716933?s=21

    https://twitter.com/kristianjack/status/1366452566608007170?s=21

  17. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    116
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFC are currently training at BMO ... is there a plan on when they are going south?

    Where's Hamilton training? Can they play at their stadium this early?

    Though I don't know if lockdown impacts this or not. Toronto was supposed to leave lockdown in a week - but as the cases haven't dropped since they extended it 2 more weeks, I don't see that being likely. Hamilton isn't in lockdown, but cases are increasing there.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •