Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    That"s because we have played most of our games against Vancouver and Montreal both weak opponents. Against U.S. teams we have won 1 game out of 5.

We blew a 2 goal lead against San Jose and DC, were dominated by NYC, lost against arguably the worst team in the league in Vancouver, and are pretty much done with the Cdn Championship. I don't know how anyone can be satisfied with this season.
    And we will have played a total of, what, 4 home games? We won't be able to judge this season at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    And we will have played a total of, what, 4 home games? We won't be able to judge this season at all.
    I think we will have to come to some sort of conclusion at some point, lack of “home” games or not.

Still not sure what to think. I don’t see Montreal and Vancouver as much of a measuring stick. Let’s see how we play against middle / upper middle of the pack Eastern conference teams. Basically: Orlando, NYC, RBNY, and NE.

that should give us an idea if we’re favorites, contenders, or pretenders.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next 3 games are DC (not so good), NYC (mid tier), Crew (top of the league right now)

There's our test

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Next 3 games are DC (not so good), NYC (mid tier), Crew (top of the league right now)

There's our test
    Judging by our trend of never being fit enough to compete 90 minutes consistently or to play any succession of matches without looking gassed, I say we:

@ DC (Look very good & win easy), @NYC (Look meh and draw or win a very tight one), vs.Crew (Most players tired by minute 40 and get bombed).

Most likely outcome 1-1-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're screwed for the finals and it's our own fault. If not for the PK, then definitely for not at least scraping out a draw in BC. Le sigh....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is blaming the pk as the reason we won't win the Cdn Championship, yet we blew this against Vancouver. Not just the loss but also in game 2 at BMO where we won 1-0 in a mediocre display. If we won by 3 goals we would be in the drivers seat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is blaming the pk as the reason we won't win the Cdn Championship, yet we blew this against Vancouver. Not just the loss but also in game 2 at BMO where we won 1-0 in a mediocre display. If we won by 3 goals we would be in the drivers seat.
    And yet if they had gotten the goal to count on that PK, then there's a good chance that tfc would've gotten at least a point in that game, which in turn could very much well mean they would've clinched that top spot for the Canadian Championship and CCL berth, regardless of Mtl's results in the 2 Van games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That"s because we have played most of our games against Vancouver and Montreal both weak opponents. Against U.S. teams we have won 1 game out of 5.

We blew a 2 goal lead against San Jose and DC, were dominated by NYC, lost against arguably the worst team in the league in Vancouver, and are pretty much done with the Cdn Championship. I don't know how anyone can be satisfied with this season.
    And our 6 wins are just forgotten?!?!? Including a comprehensive one against that very NYC team?

Geez, looking through this thread, its like a loss thread. Lot of negatives for a team that has been doing pretty good most of the time. Our PPG is tied for second best in the league, but you'd never know it from in here.

I know the first 8 years or so were like this but .... there is a difference between saying the coach shouldn't be fired & being satisfied.

Watching other MLS teams play, I see issues with our defence & how our attack works. Not enough speed on the wings (a thing Vanney has asked for since 2015), Poz & Piatti & Osorio addicted to interplay & too much reliance upon CB's who are getting creaky. BUT, our midfield play is solid & our subs are very good, which in this league, goes a long way.

Do I want us to make the Voyageur's our thing & get back to CCL? Yes. Am I happy we are not getting there? No. Am I satisfied? No. But, firing the coach? Nope.

There are a heck of a lot worse situations to be in this league - Atlanta comes to mind. Or Portland having lost their best player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    We're screwed for the finals and it's our own fault. If not for the PK, then definitely for not at least scraping out a draw in BC. Le sigh....
    IMO not the penalty is the problem, but the last match with the Caps.
    Again: how the hell we lost in Vancouver to that bottom of the bottom team??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a very strong point here!
    That one should have been at least a 2 goals difference comfortable win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the first 8 years or so were like this but .... there is a difference between saying the coach shouldn't be fired & being satisfied.
    I'm not happy at all from what I've seen from the team in 2020.

I think that if in for 4 seasons (2020-2023) we always would finish not higher than the 4th place in the East, we would never go higher than the semifinals of the playoffs, and we would win twice the Voyageurs Cup, that would be enough for the management to not even think about changing the head coach.
    For me that would be not enough for a team having the highest or always one of the highest payrolls in MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I'm not happy at all from what I've seen from the team in 2020.

I think that if in for 4 seasons (2020-2023) we always would finish not higher than the 4th place in the East, we would never go higher than the semifinals of the playoffs, and we would win twice the Voyageurs Cup, that would be enough for the management to not even think about changing the head coach.
    For me that would be not enough for a team having the highest or always one of the highest payrolls in MLS.
    I think you may mean not lower than 4th place... if so, I agree he doesn't get fired. But i agree that would not be enough for me. We need to be the 1st MLS team to win Concacaf Champions League, nothing less as an objective in the next 4 years, why Montreal & Vancouver losses are so bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we will find out in the next 2 hours whether the quest for the Cdn Championship continues. Maybe Montreal is overconfident and slips up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15 minutes in and Caps are doing okay. 75 minutes to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any other MLS team at home vs Impact I would have some hope. But the Whitecaps are a hot mess this season. MDS in a power struggle with his big money players Reyna and Adnan. Hopefully the Impact are more drained as for this 2nd game away from home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet we lost to them. Upsets do happen. Having said that I wouldn't be wagering on Vancouver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camacho may just be a TFC hero, he punched him has to be red

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh crap....since when does any team we want to lose going down to 10 men actually help us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and a penalty, I fee some hope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know what to say about that. Certainly if you’re dumb enough to strike out at another player you take your chances. But my god Montero is embarrassing. I might give him a yellow for embellishment and award the impact the foul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh crap....since when does any team we want to lose going down to 10 men actually help us?
    Negative Nancy!!!! OG feel the hope from secret agent Camancho.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's not jinx anything - but clearly this is way better than where any of us thought we would be about an hour ago......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.

Montreal imploding.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woooooo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go go Vancouver.

never thought I’d say that.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a soccer god! Miracles do happen!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Negative Nancy!!!! OG feel the hope from secret agent Camancho.
    Have I ever told you lot since 2016, I can't watch a TFC penalty unless we are already up by 2.

Some people have PTSD from TFC circa 2007-2013

Some of us have it from the last 4 years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freddy Montero is my favourite MLS player at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets go Whitecaps Lets Go