0 Thread(s)

This is quite funny (well, I enjoyed it):
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...atti-sam-jones

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Seba scored four goals in the first 19 games - people in here were seriously wondering wtf was going on

Jozy 8 and was out for 4 of those due to suspensions & internationals

You all need to go back & look at that season.
    But Giovinco ended up with 16 goals in 25 matches. Jozy ended with 15 in 27 matches. You said the 2017 season and over it's full duration Giovinco still had the better numbers even though he surprisingly played in less matches. I find it hard to credit any one player for 2017. That was a group effort. Even Chapman was good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney post game

Baffled at PK - should just bury it - will be asking questions once back at training

Defence not good enough at times - they got through too many times

Surprised at Red Card rescinded - Bradley sore but not sure if injured

Got to take some chances we had

Wasn't too casual - making mistakes

Jozy got more minutes then Vanney thought he would get - put in some guys to run more channels

As per the usual, watch the video to see
    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/0...?autoplay=true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i remember the panenka and how thrilled everyone was that Pozuelo had the "audacity" to try something like that. It's how he plays. Every once in a while something doesn't work out and there is the potential to look bad, but that is how you get the brilliant passes etc. I didn't love the timing but I think people make too much of it. We controlled Montreal once again and they managed to squeak out the victory. Play that game 3 more times and we're probably 3-1. We've seen better from TFC but that is Montreal's best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    i remember the panenka and how thrilled everyone was that Pozuelo had the "audacity" to try something like that. It's how he plays. Every once in a while something doesn't work out and there is the potential to look bad, but that is how you get the brilliant passes etc. I didn't love the timing but I think people make too much of it. We controlled Montreal once again and they managed to squeak out the victory. Play that game 3 more times and we're probably 3-1. We've seen better from TFC but that is Montreal's best.
    Sorry but at 0-0 maybe maybe you have an argument. Down 1-0 at home, last kick before halftime, win the game and you are essentially the Canadian Champions - no no no. Arrogant misguided and just plain dumb.

I hope Jozy takes the next penalty for this team. Poz should lose his spot.

The question for any manager should be, what would Alex Ferguson do? And that answer is clear.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 09-03-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Sorry but at 0-0 maybe maybe you have an argument. Down 1-0 at home, last kick before halftime, win the game and you are essentially the Canadian Champions - no no no. Arrogant misguided and just plain dumb.

The question for any manager should be, what would Alex Ferguson do? And that answer is clear.
    ok renounce the panenka then. if that doesn't go in how butthurt would alex ferguson be. my expectation is that by the end of the 6 games against Canada that penalty doesn't matter in the least.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok renounce the panenka then. if that doesn't go in how butthurt would alex ferguson be. my expectation is that by the end of the 6 games against Canada that penalty doesn't matter in the least.
    In order for it not to matter, we have to win the next 2 games

or

rely upon Vancouver to get a result against the Impact

THAT's why it matters

We even tie that game and we only need the win against Vancouver.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. I like that he has the balls to attempt this stuff. I dont mind it at all. He just decided to try it at a dumb moment. When you're up or even tied you attempt it, but not when you're down, right before halftime and can change the momentum, and not when a league record is on the plate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicanadian View Post
    What the what.....
    Let me get this straight. If one is invested in BLM one is a racist. That's a very silly assertion.
    Even though BLM has prompted a lot of racist anti-white sentiment out there I am definitely not saying anyone who is invested in BLM is a racist so don't put words in my mouth please. I am just saying if he is so "invested" maybe that had something to do with it. Likely not but you never know. He was whiney on the field so why not be whiney to the trainer too. It was more a jab at the guys making excuses for him in the other thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I agree. I like that he has the balls to attempt this stuff. I dont mind it at all. He just decided to try it at a dumb moment. When you're up or even tied you attempt it, but not when you're down, right before halftime and can change the momentum, and not when a league record is on the plate.
    Exactly. A very bad decison and he should be getting a rocket from the coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it’s not the smart money move, for sure. My expectation is, if you go there, it damn well better go in.

Anyway, I’m just going to sit back on this game. It was our first loss of the regular season (as odd as that sounds).

But I’m still waiting for this team to come up against a bigger challenge to see how it really does. Really hard to assess how good we are this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah it’s not the smart money move, for sure. My expectation is, if you go there, it damn well better go in.

Anyway, I’m just going to sit back on this game. It was our first loss of the regular season (as odd as that sounds).

But I’m still waiting for this team to come up against a bigger challenge to see how it really does. Really hard to assess how good we are this season.
    yup.

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Even though BLM has prompted a lot of racist anti-white sentiment out there I am definitely not saying anyone who is invested in BLM is a racist so don't put words in my mouth please. I am just saying if he is so "invested" maybe that had something to do with it. Likely not but you never know. He was whiney on the field so why not be whiney to the trainer too. It was more a jab at the guys making excuses for him in the other thread.

These are the words from your post. I did not twist anything...This comment is just plain stupid..
    The trainer was a white guy though so maybe there is some racism there too if he is so emotionally invested in BLM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicanadian View Post
    These are the words from your post. I did not twist anything...This comment is just plain stupid..
    The trainer was a white guy though so maybe there is some racism there too if he is so emotionally invested in BLM.

You said “If one is invested in BLM one is a racist.” and that was you trying to get what I was saying straight. You got it wrong and tried to imply that I said that everyone invested in BLM is a racist which I didn’t say. If you can’t comprehend that I can’t help you. Between the two of us I am not the one with the stupid comment. Can’t say the same for both of yours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is another one of those matches where I have no idea what to expect.

I do expect us to carry a lot of pointless possession and lump in a ton of hopeless crosses but other than our traditional game plan I am lost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    We'll agree to disagree on what a stupid comment is then - "Even though BLM has prompted a lot of racist anti-white sentiment out there".
    Their leadership has enough of their own baggage to substantiate the claims against them.

https://newspress.com/blm-l-a-leader-and-anti-semitism/

But the original reason it was brought up was because of Jozy's behaviour to our trainer and that wasn't a racist thing. If you were shitting the bed as hard as Jozy has been out there for the past few months you'd be mad too every time you walked off the pitch. And he should be because it's not good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Their leadership has enough of their own baggage to substantiate the claims against them.

https://newspress.com/blm-l-a-leader-and-anti-semitism/

But the original reason it was brought up was because of Jozy's behaviour to our trainer and that wasn't a racist thing. If you were shitting the bed as hard as Jozy has been out there for the past few months you'd be mad too every time you walked off the pitch. And he should be because it's not good enough.
    I'd actually deleted my comment (not in time clearly) because I don't have the time/energy today to get into it about BLM again.

On Jozy we can agree. I've always been a fan of his, but this year he looks disinterested the times he's actually on the pitch, and his production (or complete lack of it) has been so disappointing. I've always loved his fire but I think it's clearly time to move on from him, and I hate saying that.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    I'd actually deleted my comment (not in time clearly) because I don't have the time/energy today to get into it about BLM again.

On Jozy we can agree. I've always been a fan of his, but this year he looks disinterested the times he's actually on the pitch, and his production (or complete lack of it) has been so disappointing. I've always loved his fire but I think it's clearly time to move on from him, and I hate saying that.
    At this point, Jozy's mind is in Sandy, Utah and his body is in the infirmary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let’s keep in mind Altidore has done this before. That is, going on extended periods of injury and/or drought then suddenly fill up the net with goals.

I was never fully in favour of the extension (thought it was lazy / convenient of the front office to do it) but let’s hold out some hope he turns it on again.

I doubt we make any moves for the foreseeable future so we need him to play well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let’s keep in mind Altidore has done this before. That is, going on extended periods of injury and/or drought then suddenly fill up the net with goals.
    Those times were after one of his many trips to the injured list though. This time it's that plus the RSL thing.

Might be me but this one looks/feels/seems different.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was never fully in favour of the extension (thought it was lazy / convenient of the front office to do it) but let’s hold out some hope he turns it on again.

I doubt we make any moves for the foreseeable future so we need him to play well
    2016 Altidore suffered from this same thing. He ended the year pretty strong and carried us in the playoffs.

We just need him to show up when we need him the most. I don't consider the last two games to one of those times. 2019 Cup final was though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    2016 Altidore suffered from this same thing. He ended the year pretty strong and carried us in the playoffs.

We just need him to show up when we need him the most. I don't consider the last two games to one of those times. 2019 Cup final was though...
    So for you is OK that a man paid 6 million per year shows up just for 3 games per year...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    So for you is OK that a man paid 6 million per year shows up just for 3 games per year...
    nope - but that is where we are at. So if he is only going to show up for 3 games - I want them to be finals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

Vanney brings him on at the half and we win that game.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Vanney brings him on at the half and we win that game.
    I buy that