Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well let’s hope that amounts to not much for Bradley. Would be pissed if that caused injury time off.

I would say maybe this loss is an opportunity to get back to work. Beating Vancouver (probably the worst team in MLS) and previously an undermanned Montreal side was nice but all-and-all the team feels a bit untested. Tougher opposition is ahead if we want to get back to MLS Cup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is advantage Montreal now.

They have 2 more games against Vancouver (admittedly away) while we have 1.

And they play us at home.

THAT is why I was so mad at the PK move. This whole thing is on a freaking knife edge and they pull THAT?!?! Pah

Onto the next game but somebody has to sit those two down & tell them its not only about their moves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, we are the Real Madrid of MLS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Agree, it was a terrible move at the time that looks worse now. Appeasing fickle fans (and we all are, including me!) Who would easier he appeased by putting out a winning team was a bad bad use of several million dollars and a DP slot
    Remember, we are one of the richest owners. TFC is a rounding error on the Leafs and Raptors budgets. They need the content now more than ever, Leweike proved that a winner is what Toronto craves. They are holding Season ticket holders money. KEEP Spending boys!!!! if Jozy moves on, then bring on more. I for one will always wish him well. Who knows what’s going on behind the scenes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see Piatti sitting after the whistle being pissed off. That the mentality that leads to excelling at the top. He feels the PK screw up. He will be back with a vengeance next game. While Jozy who failed in Spain and England will maybe make it through 70 mins of walking around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Remember, we are one of the richest owners. TFC is a rounding error on the Leafs and Raptors budgets. They need the content now more than ever, Leweike proved that a winner is what Toronto craves. They are holding Season ticket holders money. KEEP Spending boys!!!! if Jozy moves on, then bring on more. I for one will always wish him well. Who knows what’s going on behind the scenes.
    This is a bad argument, we're making lots of money with divisions a and b so lets allow division c to post losses year after year? No TFC has to stand up for itself. Just because the other 2 have giant viewership and revenues doesn't means they will let TFC bleed cash.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    While Jozy who failed in Spain and England will maybe make it through 70 mins of walking around.

This sounds like something somebody from Columbus might say.

Seriously...what the?

Jozy Altidore carried this team through much of 2017 when Seba was off either physically or in his scoring shoes.

He scored THAT goal

The biggest goal in TFC history

Any discussion of his past without recognizing what he did for this team and in Holland is an EPL Yank focused talking point worthy of our biggest haters south of the border - we as TFC supporters have consistently called out yahoos from the US & the UK for that narrowmindedness.

He also came closest (baring the PK) to anybody scoring for us in this match. Which is what he does - bother their defence & get into position to score.

Watch a big man play as a central striker for games on end and you can see his quality of play & movement.

Regardless, people saying this loss is on him are looking for an excuse. Has he played enough & well enough to earn his salary? Nope. Is this loss on him? Nope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last ranting point. How bad is Gallardo? Poz set him up with a neat little pass to run wide in the box all alone. Instead he looped it 20 feet over goal with a first touch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last ranting point. How bad is Gallardo? Poz set him up with a neat little pass to run wide in the box all alone. Instead he looped it 20 feet over goal with a first touch.
    3 minutes after putting one right smack dab on Akinola's head that probably should have gone in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Seriously...what the?

Jozy Altidore carried this team through much of 2017 when Seba was off either physically or in his scoring shoes.

He scored THAT goal

Any discussion of his past without recognizing what he did for this team and in Holland is an EPL Yank focused talking point worthy of our biggest haters south of the border - we as TFC supporters have consistently called out yahoos from the US & the UK for that narrowmindedness.

He also came closest (baring the PK) to anybody scoring for us in this match. Which is what he does - bother their defence & get into position to score.

Watch a big man play as a central striker for games on end and you can see his quality of play & movement.

Regardless, people saying this loss is on him are looking for an excuse. Has he played enough & well enough to earn his salary? Nope. Is this loss on him? Nope
    Well said Og. Couldn’t agree more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want an apology from Pozuelo and Piatti for being overly cocky, but i know they dont answer to me, our whole team was getting complacent and eventually it would bite us in the rear, i dont know if we can go far in playoffs if we arent ready to improve our club, how many teams in MLS have not signed a player in this transfer market, it doesnt matter the size of the signing but championship calibre teams are always looking to improve, and i want us to be a championship team year in, year out
    Last edited by gracos; 09-01-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    255. Minute 15 vs. Van
    Yikes. Good thing we get Vancouver again on Saturday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC played this game like nobody was watching......mmmm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 minutes after putting one right smack dab on Akinola's head that probably should have gone in
    He made a 1v1 back post cross when he had 20 feet on the nearest defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these games are very emotional, when we are day 1ers a majority of us, and to provide this performance tonight, i know there is always next game, just hope next game we perform at a better effort, i feel we are the best team in Canada and we sometimes get complacent all the way from top to bottom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is advantage Montreal now.

They have 2 more games against Vancouver (admittedly away) while we have 1.

And they play us at home.

THAT is why I was so mad at the PK move. This whole thing is on a freaking knife edge and they pull THAT?!?! Pah

Onto the next game but somebody has to sit those two down & tell them its not only about their moves.
    I still think TFC have the slight edge, I expect Vancouver to at least draw one game at home vs Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously...what the?

He scored THAT goal

If you think Jozy carried us in 2017, you owe VV an apology. Like a big one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's gonna take me a day or so still to process what I watched last night. Should I be angry, disappointed, or just shrug my shoulders and say oh well, look forward to saturday in vancouver?

I think frusturated would be a fair and balanced response for now. Poz is money from the spot, he knows that so why not just go for goal and put us 1-1? I don't get it.

I'm never usually a fan of a coach/manager "tearing paint off the walls" of a dressing room as a way to communicate to players, but in this case I wouldn't mind a bit of that from Vanney. Maybe a little west coast road trip will do the team some good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy refusing to fist bump the TFC trainer. Just leave already.
    Yeah and some in this forum giving him an excuse for missing last game because he was "emotionally invested" in the BLM stuff. My opinion back then was he thinks he is above the club right now. What is their excuse for him this time? The trainer was a white guy though so maybe there is some racism there too if he is so emotionally invested in BLM. I stick by my statements after last game that I don't mind if he moves on. The diving and throwing tantrums last night was annoying too. Be a man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He made a 1v1 back post cross when he had 20 feet on the nearest defender.
    I think it’s more than fair to say he hasn’t worked out at this point.

Personal struggles maybe a factor? That said, the track record of playing in Venezuela really just looked like a better athlete playing again a terrible opposition rather than someone who was going to excel at the next level.

Poor job on this one by the front office.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a bad argument, we're making lots of money with divisions a and b so lets allow division c to post losses year after year? No TFC has to stand up for itself. Just because the other 2 have giant viewership and revenues doesn't means they will let TFC bleed cash.
    Thats not exactly what i was saying, but wasn't far off either. TFC is to make money but the Ownership can invest more into them, than other MLS owners. They have back up, if they lose money for a few years or make investments in the future; with the current ownership having such a large investment and requirement for content, there are other revenues streams for the team. Last point, Rogers and Bell consistently have cross subsidized groups (Sportsnet & TSN etc) for the bigger benefit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They’re willing to lose money on TFC because they want people to watch them on TSN and pay the cable fees/streaming. This is what you call a loss leader. They’re willing to stomach a $25 million annual wage bill despite us earning around $3 million depending on gate revenue/sponsors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If you think Jozy carried us in 2017, you owe VV an apology. Like a big one.
    If I recall we had some little Italian guy running around too. Can't remember his name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Thats not exactly what i was saying, but wasn't far off either. TFC is to make money but the Ownership can invest more into them, than other MLS owners. They have back up, if they lose money for a few years or make investments in the future; with the current ownership having such a large investment and requirement for content, there are other revenues streams for the team. Last point, Rogers and Bell consistently have cross subsidized groups (Sportsnet & TSN etc) for the bigger benefit.
    That's fair. They can afford to make high-risk / high-reward investments that smaller ownership groups can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Yeah that's gonna take me a day or so still to process what I watched last night. Should I be angry, disappointed, or just shrug my shoulders and say oh well, look forward to saturday in vancouver?

I think frusturated would be a fair and balanced response for now. Poz is money from the spot, he knows that so why not just go for goal and put us 1-1? I don't get it.

I'm never usually a fan of a coach/manager "tearing paint off the walls" of a dressing room as a way to communicate to players, but in this case I wouldn't mind a bit of that from Vanney. Maybe a little west coast road trip will do the team some good.
    That was my reaction. i wanted Vanney to sit them for the second half. Likely a bit much but at least a hair dryer was deserved.

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Yeah and some in this forum giving him an excuse for missing last game because he was "emotionally invested" in the BLM stuff. My opinion back then was he thinks he is above the club right now. What is their excuse for him this time? The trainer was a white guy though so maybe there is some racism there too if he is so emotionally invested in BLM. I stick by my statements after last game that I don't mind if he moves on. The diving and throwing tantrums last night was annoying too. Be a man.
    What the what.....
    Let me get this straight. If one is invested in BLM one is a racist. That's a very silly assertion
    Maybe he didn't fist pump the trainer because he was frustrated at the time? Maybe he doesn't like losing and wanted to play the last 10 minutes?
    I dont know specifically why he missed the last game so I wont speculate on that. Looks like his coach was onside tho as he started the next one....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    His day off last Friday and his head seemingly not being in the match are probably more to do with the hubub of acquiring RSL Sports than anything to do with BLM or any racism from him. If it looks like he can successfully gather a group to buy it then he will obviously fully check out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really dont give a crap about this season,but WTF on that pk should of benched the 2 of them.jozy has to go because he misses half the games and he hardly scores and seem to be dogging it for the last 2 years,should of kept seba and let him go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If I recall we had some little Italian guy running around too. Can't remember his name.
    Seba scored four goals in the first 19 games - people in here were seriously wondering wtf was going on

Jozy 8 and was out for 4 of those due to suspensions & internationals

You all need to go back & look at that season.