Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Glad it's not an injury. Hopefully he'll be back next game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I didn't see that coming....TFC wanting to play & Montreal not?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw the highlights, gutted I couldn't watch.

But three wins and three clean sheets in a row! Top of MLS!!!!!!!! Fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not on twitter so I may be missing the scoop but I'm wondering why Altidore sat out while the executive director of the Black Players for Change was on the pitch. If Jozy sat out in protest then I support him fully.. but it is confusing to me that Jozy would be out of alignment with J Mo whether to take the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was expecting and would have welcomed a boycott.
    This movement is real, necessary and eclipses sports entertainment.

Since they did play:
    Auro seems to have found a new gear and developed into a legitimate attacking threat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know why Bradley didn't kneel during the anthems? Could that have caused some trouble in the locker room?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Anyone know why Bradley didn't kneel during the anthems? Could that have caused some trouble in the locker room?
    https://twitter.com/joshuakloke/stat...48328749936641

No issues with rest of team. Morrow backed him up/
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respect Altidore for what he did for the team in the past but for me, he can go now. He hasn’t been there this year anyway. I would prefer to have a DP player that plays every game and shows up for the team. He couldn’t be bothered to come back after the COVID break until late and looked after his own interests instead of doing what all the other pros on our team were doing. And now out for personal reasons. Whatever. Imagine if we had another DP like Piatti and Pozuelo on the field contributing all game long. Would be huge. Sick of watching Altidore sit on the sidelines taking up a DP spot. Enough is enough. He is laughing all the way to the bank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it stands now, we're first in the East with 5 wins and 3 draws. 0 losses.

14 goals for (1st in the East), 7 goals against (Tied for 2nd in East).

If this season went "normal", and someone told you in January that after games we would have these stats, I would take it in a heartbeat. Sure sometimes in hasn't been pretty, some frusturating play or lack of finishing, but I say steady as she goes for now.

My personal 2 highlights so far have been Achara in the first couple games (get well soon kid), and the past few games has been Piatti. I've noticed his reactions, gestures, etc. This guy is what an MLS DP player is all about, you can see he really cares.

Onward to Tuesday at home to Limp Act.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is really extraordinary times. I can forgive Jozy. Plus he is my partners favourite player....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    As it stands now, we're first in the East with 5 wins and 3 draws. 0 losses.

14 goals for (1st in the East), 7 goals against (Tied for 2nd in East).

If this season went "normal", and someone told you in January that after games we would have these stats, I would take it in a heartbeat. Sure sometimes in hasn't been pretty, some frusturating play or lack of finishing, but I say steady as she goes for now.

My personal 2 highlights so far have been Achara in the first couple games (get well soon kid), and the past few games has been Piatti. I've noticed his reactions, gestures, etc. This guy is what an MLS DP player is all about, you can see he really cares.

Onward to Tuesday at home to Limp Act.
    Lots of ways to improve, but except for the knockout game in the tournament, they have looked competent and are making progress. Laryea is a highlight and Bradley has done well recovering. The time off has been good for Poz and Piatti

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    https://twitter.com/joshuakloke/stat...48328749936641

No issues with rest of team. Morrow backed him up/

Yahoo sports article, https://ca.news.yahoo.com/heres-why-...045909768.html. He speaks eloquently.

I couldn't watch last night but it said he kneeled during the moment of silence, I think he respects Canada, again Morrow backed him up. https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...ing-acceptable

edit - a little more from Vanney

"Really it's for two reasons: I have one assistant coach on my staff, Jason Bent, who's Canadian and he was going to stand through the anthem. That's his choice and we stood with him. In addition to that, I knew there was going to be a moment of silence for Black Lives Matter and I was going to take a knee during that period to honor that cause. So I tried to do both at those two times."

Speaking of becoming Canadian, I would like to see the General become one. I also respect Jozy for what he did .. dumb criticism saying he was texting, of course he was on his mobile, so much going on. We have a pretty amazing group of players.

One other thing, Bob Bradley called out MLS to do something about RSL's owner. Crazy times...

More so than ever, All for One!
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 08-29-2020 at 09:08 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curiouser & curiouser

I'd like to hear Justin Morrow's point on this one

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I find amazing: TFC is currently on an 18-game regular-season unbeaten streak. Which is great, but it's the 2nd-longest streak ever, and only one off the record. Fabulous achievement by TFC, but I'm still really surprised that's the record throughout the whole history of the league, considering some of the dominant teams the league has seen.

The buildup and midfield play were a joy to see. Our defence is also much more settled than it was a few weeks ago. Only gripe, the game in the end was much closer than it needed to be, and Montreal had a couple of good chances that easily could have turned the game around. TFC needs to improve its striker situation, now even Mullins will probably be out with a hammy. Does anyone know why Akinola wasn't available, I thought he's healthy again? In the meantime, I think everyone on the team needs to take more shots. To have the ball only a few feet away from Montreal's goal a few times and not get a shot off...

Even the highlights after the game don't show a better angle of the possible PK foul on Piatti near the end. I guess nobody has a better replay of that?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the curious - TFC using an Air Canada charter jet used by the Raptors occasionally. They flew in and out using the Longueuil airport.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the curious - TFC using an Air Canada charter jet used by the Raptors occasionally. They flew in and out using the Longueuil airport.

I am surprised a little they did not just fly out of Downsview like they have in the past, thus just beside the training facility.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I respect Altidore for what he did for the team in the past but for me, he can go now. He hasn’t been there this year anyway. I would prefer to have a DP player that plays every game and shows up for the team. He couldn’t be bothered to come back after the COVID break until late and looked after his own interests instead of doing what all the other pros on our team were doing. And now out for personal reasons. Whatever. Imagine if we had another DP like Piatti and Pozuelo on the field contributing all game long. Would be huge. Sick of watching Altidore sit on the sidelines taking up a DP spot. Enough is enough. He is laughing all the way to the bank.
    I, sadly, agree.

Fantastic performance by the team last night. Very happy!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want to hear from Jozy. He's been the most outspoken player in the league at times. I look forward to hearing what he's been thinking during this return from Covid measures and definitely how he feels about his team and their choices to play and stand this past match. His silence is baffling.

But I just hope to find out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish Jozy had played, but I respect his decision not to. His actions did make a loud impact.

I hope, though, that he's in there the next game, and that he will continue with his work supporting the cause both on and off the field in the coming months.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I wish Jozy had played, but I respect his decision not to. His actions did make a loud impact.

I hope, though, that he's in there the next game, and that he will continue with his work supporting the cause both on and off the field in the coming months.
    As a professional he should be able to voice his opinion for non-soccer stuff while also doing his job on the field like others are doing. I don't respect his decision at all. I think it is selfish. Let's look at 2020 for him. He extended his time off for COVID and joined the rest of the team late so he couldn't train and get up to speed by the MLS is Back tourney. He was either not in the lineup or couldn't play due to lack of fitness. Since coming back he is still not up to fitness after how many months and now sitting out for personal reasons when we are already down attacking players due to injury and was also shown on the broadcast looking at his phone while his team is in the middle of playing a tight game against our biggest rivals. To me his actions shows that he is only invested in himself and his own interests in 2020 so far which is a shame because he is taking up a DP spot and part of our salary cap that we could use on a player that is doing something on the field instead of creating headlines off the field. If he has checked out from being a part of this team I hope they move on. I respect what he has done for TFC in the past but your current contract is being paid for what you are doing currently for the team and he has done little to nothing for us this year. If that attitude won't change then I hope TFC does make a change because we could use a DP that is actually on the field.

And Bradley supporting him in front of the media as twitter is showing, sure what else is Michael going to say. Not like they will ever talk about anything negative in front of the media. Anyone who is assured that his statement confirms all is good with this in the team is smoking something....

Just my two cents and opinion. I want to see all players doing what they can for the team to the full extent of their ability and being professional with their contract. Not too much to ask I don't think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    As a professional he should be able to voice his opinion for non-soccer stuff while also doing his job on the field like others are doing. I don't respect his decision at all. I think it is selfish. Let's look at 2020 for him. He extended his time off for COVID and joined the rest of the team late so he couldn't train and get up to speed by the MLS is Back tourney. He was either not in the lineup or couldn't play due to lack of fitness. Since coming back he is still not up to fitness after how many months and now sitting out for personal reasons when we are already down attacking players due to injury and was also shown on the broadcast looking at his phone while his team is in the middle of playing a tight game against our biggest rivals. To me his actions shows that he is only invested in himself and his own interests in 2020 so far which is a shame because he is taking up a DP spot and part of our salary cap that we could use on a player that is doing something on the field instead of creating headlines off the field. If he has checked out from being a part of this team I hope they move on. I respect what he has done for TFC in the past but your current contract is being paid for what you are doing currently for the team and he has done little to nothing for us this year. If that attitude won't change then I hope TFC does make a change because we could use a DP that is actually on the field.

And Bradley supporting him in front of the media as twitter is showing, sure what else is Michael going to say. Not like they will ever talk about anything negative in front of the media. Anyone who is assured that his statement confirms all is good with this in the team is smoking something....

Just my two cents and opinion. I want to see all players doing what they can for the team to the full extent of their ability and being professional with their contract. Not too much to ask I don't think.
    I get that, but of course you're looking at things from an outside perspective. Many people don't really have the capacity to judge and evaluate their own actions from a 3rd-person, objective standpoint.

I'm trying to see things through Jozy's eyes, namely:

- He's heavily invested in this cause, not only on an intellectual level but also a deep emotional level as well. His social media content is almost exclusively about this issue. He's also just generally a very emotional guy. It makes complete sense to me that he would have a strong emotional reaction to this and feel he needed to do something to explain his emotions to others; and

- With the NBA and MLS all cancelling games as a form of protest, it's possible he felt that this was the proper thing to do, and wanted to participate in that protest, but then when he found out he wouldn't be able to 'officially' do it, he staged his own protest.

The whole 'I'm taking up a DP slot and I haven't played much this year so I need to be on the field to validate my contract, etc ...' is a valid discussion point, but he's not going to have that thought at that moment. So I don't expect him to. So I can understand his decision to sit out, and by understanding it, I can respect it.

BUT – I personally, actually think that cancelling games doesn't accomplish THAT much more than playing. It's basically the same as a t-shirt or a tweet, but admittedly it does raise the volume. It's an emotional, rather than a logical decision. But okay, sometimes people are led by their emotions, that's fine. So some games were postponed, people felt their emotions validated, and that's fine. But to keep doing it would just be letting the haters win.

So I hope Jozy is back in the line-up on Tuesday raring to go, and I hope the players can find ways to make real, constructive actions while still playing.

As I mentioned somewhere else, I would love to see them actually get involved in the political process as a way of forcing change. Like, some news came out that only ~20% of NBA players were registered to vote? I mean, that's pathetic. So they need to get things like that sorted and then start leading from the front in their off-seasons.

Encourage voter registration. Lead rallies. Force meetings with actual decision-makers in government. Do stuff like that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the strike last Wednesday did one thing, it got Hansen out of the game.

I have a lot of respect for MLS players striking because the money most of them make isn't even LeBron's shoe budget.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What SHOULD be more pressing is that this man wants to be part of the purchasing team for Real Salt Lake. Whatever, but that kind of seems like conflict of interest, I'd like to see if the league would even allow that, and if so, what changes would have to be made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the strike last Wednesday did one thing, it got Hansen out of the game.

I have a lot of respect for MLS players striking because the money most of them make isn't even LeBron's shoe budget.
    Sure, it acted as the catalyst to get Hansen out, though if he is a racist douchebag he would have been gone sooner or later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excited for tomorrow. I love mid week games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I do too, always love the matches under the lights.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Holy crap, I might have forgotten about that already...