Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Regular Season Phase 1 Game 2 - VCWC @ TFC Friday August 21 8pm Deja Vu

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tmmc2

Have At It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon, you have to use this song...

https://youtu.be/tNF05-A1xY0

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Caps will have a game plan to try to disrupt TFC in a way that they didn't last night and are going to try to play out the back more because the Caps players and coaches all commented on not keeping the ball long enough when they won it back but I don't think they have enough in them to beat TFC at all right now. Would be absolutely shocked if not another win for TFC unless of course TFC come out overconfident with bench players starting and some kind of experimental formation then anything can happen I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the caps mail this one in, TFC wins by at least 4 goals, and they have a new coach by Monday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely VCWC can't be as bad as that again.

I get these are covid games with no crowds so the pride isn't there for a lot of people once it goes sour (see Bundesliga matches) but that game only was 3-0 because our guys tried to side foot everything through. Surely somebody on that team wants to play as a proper pressing midfielder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game will be interesting to see what kind of formation and squad we got.
    Glad Bradley is back to 100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think the caps mail this one in, TFC wins by at least 4 goals, and they have a new coach by Monday.
    Whitecaps issues go so much higher up than MDS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistically they were done the second they fired Mark Pannes. You don’t suddenly dump someone in management like that with the job not even half done. Any agent with a single pebble between the ears would tell their client to stay out of there.

They might as well be James Dolan’s Vancouver Whitecaps, minus the check-book.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to Friday night, looking for the Reds to claim another 3 pts. The Caps are easy pickings right now, but as always its up to the Reds not to all into a trap.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only Vancouver could be so bad that they're making me think what looked like a blue chip coach is actually crap and way over-rated.

Maybe Orlando could do that too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant! (replying to Og's Monty Python Post)
    Last edited by MightyDM; 08-20-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Only Vancouver could be so bad that they're making me think what looked like a blue chip coach is actually crap and way over-rated.

Maybe Orlando could do that too.

I dont think its the coach. it has the feel of rot around the organization - a bit like us in 2018 after CCL but waaay deeper - more like 2012 maybe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll say again, I watched Marc dos Santos for years in Ottawa and saw how he builds squads. The first year is usually to see what he has to work with, but by the time the 3 transfer window rolls around, he has the team performing decently and to a championship level within 3 years. Heck he did it year 1 with the San Francisco Deltas and won a championship. He was highly praised by Peter Vermes and Bob Bradley. This situation is not his fault.

He is working in an organization coasting on past glories where the visionless ownership wishes to remain invisible and hopes problems will just go away. The youth coach accused of sexual misconduct is a case in point. Until they get rid of Bob Lenarduzzi and get new ownership with actual ambition it doesn't matter who they put in as coach. The Whitecaps desperately need a Tim Lieweke to bootstrap their moribund organization. The Southsiders deserve something beyond a miserable future.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who is coming down to BMO tomorrow night? Looking forward to supporting the Reds from the steps of the food building.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So who is coming down to BMO tomorrow night? Looking forward to supporting the Reds from the steps of the food building.
    Wear a mask and mind 2 metres. Have fun.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woo it's another game day, looks like some rain in the forecast up until kickoff too. Let's see what the boys in red can do tonight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I dont think its the coach. it has the feel of rot around the organization - a bit like us in 2018 after CCL but waaay deeper - more like 2012 maybe
    Yeah, I think this is right, and Initial B's comments too. Just a sign of how Vancouver has slipped that it would even cross my mind to question MDS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This match is interesting from the Vancouver perspective. Do they fire back hard or roll over and cost MDS his job on the weekend? I really have no idea what to expect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE is just looking silly at this point for not allowing any fans in the stands. The risk of air borne disease transmission is extremely low in an open air outdoor environment (and no, I'm not "anti mask" or "right wing", it's called science folks)

In any case, I thought it was AWESOME to see all those supporters show up and make noise on the steps of the food building

Weather permitting I might head there myself for the game this ever to join in the fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Woo it's another game day, looks like some rain in the forecast up until kickoff too. Let's see what the boys in red can do tonight!
    "We only win in the rain"

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    MLSE is just looking silly at this point for not allowing any fans in the stands. The risk of air borne disease transmission is extremely low in an open air outdoor environment (and no, I'm not "anti mask" or "right wing", it's called science folks)

In any case, I thought it was AWESOME to see all those supporters show up and make noise on the steps of the food building

Weather permitting I might head there myself for the game this ever to join in the fun.
    Everyone has a position on what is risk or not - I'm not a scientist so I'm not going to debate that.

Bottom line is the team and league made an agreement in order to bring play home. Those types of gatherings could cost us a match or all future play at BMO during the pandemic - just because the camera swung by a few times to highlight don't think the health officials and league did not also notice.

So I while too long for the drums and chants - I'd rather have the matches without the gatherings than no matches at all. I'd rather have matches at an empty BMO than at some foreign stadium across the border.

Let's be smart about this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beyond the Covid risks the reason this can't and won't happen is because it's logistically not feasible.

Toronto Public health would cap attendance at some low number like a couple thousand maximum (but most likely far less). How do you decide who goes? A raffle? How then does the payment deferral/refund work for those who go? Add that to potential health risks & liability and it's a mess that's not worth the trouble. Besides I would rather we be overly cautious with our team and not risk having mass quarantines and TFC playing in Red Bull Arena indefinitely (as in 2021 too). Just finish this fucked up year as best we can and hope it's back to normal next year.

And while you are correct that Covid transmission is low in an outdoor setting people still have to get there and the TTC ad GO cattle cars, both still on reduced service, aren't outdoors and would be packed if it was back to somewhat normal.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 08-21-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think up to 5,000 (approx 1 in every 6 seats) could be logically and reasonably accomdated

Other sports teams in various leagues in NA have already started, and I believe the Premier League is getting plans in place to do the same in a month or two.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Montreal selling 250 tickets. They are using some sort of auction where you bid how much you want to pay starting at $49. It suggests how likely you will end up with a ticket at the price you bid. Also you can buy a ticket outright for $225 if you really want one. Now Greg big difference here is that TFC’s season ticket base is much larger than Montreal’s.

In terms of a handful of people hanging outside the stadium the ship sailed on doing something real about it when they choose to not issue a single ticket to anyone in those huge crowds at Trinity Bellwood’s. In reality it comes down to your own best judgement and common sense when it comes down to what your are comfortable with. I went to a movie last week , paid $2.69 to see Jaws on the big screen. Including me their were 5 people in the theatre and not anyone within 30 feet of me. I was cool with that but totally respect some would choose to even avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Beyond the Covid risks the reason this can't and won't happen is because it's logistically not feasible.

Toronto Public health would cap attendance at some low number like a couple thousand maximum (but most likely far less). How do you decide who goes? A raffle? How then does the payment deferral/refund work for those who go? Add that to potential health risks & liability and it's a mess that's not worth the trouble. Besides I would rather we be overly cautious with our team and not risk having mass quarantines and TFC playing in Red Bull Arena indefinitely (as in 2021 too). Just finish this fucked up year as best we can and hope it's back to normal next year.

And while you are correct that Covid transmission is low in an outdoor setting people still have to get there and the TTC ad GO cattle cars, both still on reduced service, aren't outdoors and would be packed if it was back to somewhat normal.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fortunately, one doesn't have to rely on your one's own judgement. The Province has set regulations for reopening based on our conditions in this area of the world and our expectations of safety. Movie theatres have been set up with capacities and protocols approved by public health experts, so if it was at the maximum number of people you know its been designed to be safe.

The Province allowed the return of sports on condition it didn't cause public gatherings. Sure, outdoor transmission is lower risk but I think we all know how sports crowds control themselves - a little unpredictable. Bigger and bigger crowds without controlled measures is a public risk. And its a risk to our ability to host games.

Using anything happening in the US as a suggestion is a joke.
    Last edited by Redpunkfiddle; 08-21-2020 at 11:19 AM.
    That's all I'll say about that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pardon me if I don't really take the behaviour of the "Supporters Group Formerly Known As..." as an example of thinking it all through behaviour that shows us anything other then some people's cluelessness & lack of responsibility.

I've said my piece about this previously.

Putting people on ignore because I really don't have the energy to discuss covidiocy in here, especially when I'm at work wearing a mask & monitoring Covid protocols all damn day so that me & my colleagues & our families can try to stay safe.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-21-2020 at 12:38 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    Fortunately, one doesn't have to rely on your one's own judgement. The Province has set regulations for reopening based on our conditions in this area of the world and our expectations of safety. Movie theatres have been set up with capacities and protocols approved by public health experts, so if it was at the maximum number of people you know its been designed to be safe.

The Province allowed the return of sports on condition it didn't cause public gatherings. Sure, outdoor transmission is lower risk but I think we all know how sports crowds control themselves - a little unpredictable. Bigger and bigger crowds without controlled measures is a public risk. And its a risk to our ability to host games.

Using anything happening in the US as a suggestion is a joke.
    Agreed!

I would say that I was not comfortable with what I saw on TV. People were not socially distancing and some weren't even wearing masks. A few people who aren't obeying the rules are putting at risk everyone's ability to enjoy some TFC football (even if it is only on TV). More importantly, the rules are there for a reason, which is to limit COVID spread. While those who were out at the game might not care if they get COVID, it is highly contagious, and there are lots of people who are at risk. My wife was super COVID vulnerable, because of her cancer and the related treatments. Sadly, she recently passed away, but our household is remaining vigilant, to protect other people's loved ones, who might be in the same position as Kyra. Remember our motto, "All for One."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Covidocy"...lol.

Hide inside in fear if that's how you want to live your life.

There are 14 million people in ontario, and maybe 2,000 active cases

Iif it's ok for 200 people to jam into a Costco on a Saturday afternoon, it's MORE than ok for people to be in an OUTSIDE OPEN AIR environment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Covidocy"...lol.

Hide inside in fear if that's how you want to live your life.

There are 14 million people in ontario, and maybe 2,000 active cases

Iif it's ok for 200 people to jam into a Costco on a Saturday afternoon, it's MORE than ok for people to be in an OUTSIDE OPEN AIR environment.
    I personally have zero fear of Covid. I don't wear gloves ever, I only wear a mask when I have to, and I have worked in frontline healthcare through this whole deal.

Fear has nothing to do with it. It's got to do with government and workplace (team in this case) responsibility. Even though the chance of contracting Covid is low, the team obviously isn't going to go against Public Health recommendations or hire the required security, cleaners, and various match day personel to host a game for a just a few thousand (more likely hundred) people who wouldn't even be allowed to purchase concessions. There's an element of simple logic at play. The benefits do not outweigh the risk so until that changes, it is what it is.

Besides if the team came out with a plan like Montreal's and charged $59+ a ticket, the exact same people complaining that we're not in there for matches would have their "Boooo ML$E!!!" signs out in full force for the rest of this season. Maybe longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing like some good old fashioned muck raking lol
    Last edited by ag futbol; 08-21-2020 at 04:48 PM.