Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think the nuance here is we have an organization with a name that is the same as a slogan / general rallying cry for people who want to see improvements in how how the police and others in society treat people of colour. Personally when I hear “Black Lives Matter” I’m not thinking of the organization but rather people trying to fight for equal rights, which I’m supportive of. In no way would I support someone promoting communism. Anyway, my $0.02...

Back to the game... good performance but I noticed Vancouver’s mediocre attempts at a press did cause slight problems on occasion. I think this is something we will have to tighten up in more competitive games if we want to play in this style. But this was a good tune-up match to figure out such things.
    This is a very live issue for us. MB was struggling on all of his first touches for about ten minutes before he started playing well - other teams will have noticed as this is how he played in the NYCFC game when they pressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I have a soft spot for Patrick Mullins, I love how hard he works.

i think he is a decent player for us. And we need multiple options at striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fraser looked very good to me but on the other hand Vancouver were done by the time he started to play. Will be interesting to see if he gets more time on Friday. Or if MB sits and Oso starts in his place. Piatti and Poz look great together but we must have width; they and Oso are very similar layers and DeLeon, Delgado and Fraser too, in a way, maybe even loop Bradley in with that group. Oso played well I thought, particularly important before Poz and Piatti really got going. A friend suggested to solve our crowded midfield with a 3-4-3 - not quite sure who he meant where but interesting to ponder.