Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I will be in Montreal loud and proud, Toronto FC til I die. See I live life like today is my last, the spectacular now. Front line workers going to work is their choice ,they made it, that does not mean I can not live my life.
    Do you actually have anything to contribute about the upcoming game against Vancouver?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    If I get Covid I can assure you I would not be exposing it others I would lock myself in my home and stay there, living off of delivery etc. That is common sense.
    People who are dumb enough to say this are too dumb to understand that symptoms will show up almost two weeks later. Let me spell this out for you: you won't know you have it for 2 weeks and you'll be bumping into all kinds of people. "Testing is key" - you're gonna go get tested daily and expected other nitwits to do the same?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Do you actually have anything to contribute about the upcoming game against Vancouver?
    Looking forward to seeing if Ayo can pickup where he left off during the tourney down in Florida. Thing is he and Jozy have very similar makeups, big lumbering types who can boss there way in the box. But on the other hand having them both out together , not really sure if that works all that well, they would not be very complimentary to each other. I will be interested to see how the Whitecaps stack up with all their player returning who sat out the tournament. It is going to be an interesting next couple weeks for the Reds.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC Pravda had a preview today but its wrapped in "our 200th episode" self congratulatory stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    TFC Pravda had a preview today but its wrapped in "our 200th episode" self congratulatory stuff.
    Is Pravda basically anything Gareth Wheeler writes or is involved in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Ayo starts the match

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want to like this podcast. I took in most episodes but now im officially done. Wheeler should be the interviewer allowing the experts Dunfield or guest to talk. Instead we get Wheeler making declarations while Dunfield chuckles. Then lets bring in Jerome who has nothing too offer to kill an extra few minutes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well looks like White Caps sold Hwang, thought he would have done better for them there.
    Looking forward to the game tomorrow and see what kind of lineup we put out there. At this point I would rather see Ayo than Jozy up front.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    well looks like White Caps sold Hwang, thought he would have done better for them there.
    Looking forward to the game tomorrow and see what kind of lineup we put out there. At this point I would rather see Ayo than Jozy up front.
    Yeh...about that.....

Everybody else is available

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Kloke and Buffery on Twitter just posted saying that Akinola is not likely as he just returned to training. Hopefully Jozy is ready to go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doyle makes a joke on the MLS website about us not being able to keep any forward healthy for longer then 90 minutes...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doyle makes a joke on the MLS website about us not being able to keep any forward healthy for longer then 90 minutes...
    Having Altidore is always going to keep that number low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Having Altidore is always going to keep that number low.
    No doubt. Achara's injury was an accident but Ayo's injury is very concerning though. At the time it was presented as a little knock and hamstring soreness and weeks later it is still a thing. I hope this isn't a long term deal because he was riding some serious momentum.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ecstatic we found a way to play amongst ourselves here in Canada and keep things as controlled as possible.

Can't wait to see some different starters this match. I hope for some big changes if there's any repeat of last match.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 08-18-2020 at 06:05 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the Whitecaps flew in tonight (just landing at 8:37pm) and will be staying a few days as we play the first 2 games of the Voyageurs MLS Division with them here.

Here's the schedule

• Tues., Aug. 18: Toronto vs. Vancouver (8 pm ET)
    • Fri., Aug. 21: Toronto vs. Vancouver (8 pm ET)
    • Tues., Aug. 25: Montreal vs. Vancouver (8 pm ET)
    • Fri., Aug. 28: Montreal vs. Toronto (8 pm ET)
    • Tues., Sept. 1: Toronto vs. Montreal (8 pm ET)
    • Sat., Sept. 5: Vancouver vs. Toronto (9:30 pm ET)
    • Wed., Sept. 9: Montreal vs. Toronto (8 pm ET)
    • Sun., Sept. 13: Vancouver vs. Montreal (9:30 pm ET)
    • Wed., Sept. 16: Vancouver vs. Montreal (9:30 pm ET)

Breaking it down

Vancouver Game 2 Days Game Travel to Montreal 2 Days Game Travel to Vancouver 8 days Game 7 Days Game 2 Days Game (21 non travel days)

Toronto Game 2 Days Game 5 Days Travel to Montreal Game Travel to Toronto 2 Days Game 2 Days Travel to Vancouver Game Travel to Toronto 1 Day Travel to Montreal Game (12 non travel days)

Montreal 7 Days Game 2 Days Game 2 Days Travel to Toronto Game Travel to Montreal 5 Days Game 2 Days Travel To Vancouver Game 2 Day Game (13 non travel days + starting a week after the other two teams)

Our travel schedule SIGNIFICANTLY suks in comparison - Our biggest time off is the week after our 2nd game before our 3rd game
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-17-2020 at 08:23 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is also a tournament where winning is going to mean a heck of a lot more then usual, especially at home. 2 losses in the first 2 games & we are in a deep deep hole. Anything less then 4 points and we are going to have to win a few away. I think 12 points might win this thing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAME DAY!!!!

<6ft> <6ft> <6ft> <6ft>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like maybe Morrow and Akinola are still out?

-----------------Westberg----------------
    --Auro--Gonzalez--Mavinga--?Laryea?--
    -------------Bradley/Fraser (at 60)------
    --Delgado------------------Osorio-------
    --------------Pozuelo--------------------
    ---Piatti-----------------Altidore----------

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Sounds like maybe Morrow and Akinola are still out?

-----------------Westberg----------------
    --Auro--Gonzalez--Mavinga--?Laryea?--
    -------------Bradley/Fraser (at 60)------
    --Delgado------------------Osorio-------
    --------------Pozuelo--------------------
    ---Piatti-----------------Altidore----------

Thoughts?
    I think the MLS is Back tournament proved to most people that Greg Vanney will never replace Michael Bradley, no matter how poorly he is playing or how exhausted he looks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I think the MLS is Back tournament proved to most people that Greg Vanney will never replace Michael Bradley, no matter how poorly he is playing or how exhausted he looks.
    Ha ha! I was hoping Vanney learned from the last game, but you may be right. These games are pretty close together and we've got to get some minutes to any potential Bradley replacement--and I'm a HUGE fan of Bradley--we're almost always better with him on the field, but not that last game--clearly, and understandably, out of gas.
    Last edited by Graeme; 08-18-2020 at 09:44 AM. Reason: finished thought

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley was great in the first & second games playing better then he has since 2017

& then fell off a cliff

Good with rest. Start him in this one and then sit him for the Friday game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone down for setting up a TV in the BMO parking lot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fully expecting a win tonight. Gonna say 3-1 TFC. Altidore, Osorio and Piatti finally all get on the score sheet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea what to expect. I expected us to be way better against NYCFC. When I saw that lineup I knew we were in trouble but was hoping for the best. Bradley was gassed but not subbed out. Mavinga looked like he didn't really give a shit. Everyone was moving slow. Was just a mess. I expected more. I would expect a win tonight but until I see the lineup and the effort I don't trust my expectations for this club right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agreed. Prior to the shutdown I thought our team was relatively stable and trending towards making a good playoff run.

After the shutdown I’m less sure. Very hard to tell what is reflecting the quality of our squad and what has to do with personal circumstances / things outside of the game, etc...

In today's environment a low quality team that’s managed to train properly through COVID and isn’t caught up in other unnecessary drama could give an (otherwise) superior side a run for its money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No outdoor patios showing this, anywhere?? Bueller??

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    The OLG Play Stage is having a distanced drive-in event if anyone is interested. $25 donation to MLSE foundation for admission. Call TFC @ 416-360-4625 first come first serve, limited spots.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    I am sure some will be at Betty’s on King East where we had the viewing party for the season opener.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping for a much better result than the last time out. They were battling so many things during that tournament with the heat, two early games, plus a wake up call for a morning game that got delayed ( just more stress to get ready that early for nothing). This all on top of covid and the surge in cases where they were located.

I'm hoping they are a bit more at ease and will feel better playing at home tonight. Much better conditions here and for now a bit safer with only the Canadian teams and less travel.

We will see how it goes but I've got my eye on Bradley, and see how OG responds too how tired he looked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad we have a few more matches to watch with something on the line. Let's enjoy this while we can because it's going to be very difficult logistically for the 3 Canadian teams to complete the MLS regular season when this is done.