Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 59
  1. #1
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default MLS Is Continuing - Post MLS


  2. #2
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are the trying to outdo MLB for stupidity?

    No chance of a travelling schedule working no matter how they frame it
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

    Weston, Ontario

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They pushed me personally to the breaking point by holding a tournament in a pandemic hotspot.

    I know of no way to express disapproval other than to stop watching games. Stop reading about them. Stop participating in MLS life.

    If they do this, that is what I will do.

    They will run their business, the customers will make their choices.
    What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.

  4. #4
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't believe they actually want to travel around. Did they learn nothing?

  5. #5
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,085
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    ‘The big disapproval Of this will be no one going, buying tickets. I will be be interested to see the turnout. Indy 11 in a reduced capacity situation had over 4K at some of their games since the USL restart.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  6. #6
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto - Upper Beaches
    Posts
    3,328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ridiculous.

    On top of everything else that's wrong with this, where would the Canadian teams play?
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so stupid, why do they think it will be any different than baseball?

  8. #8
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    ‘The big disapproval Of this will be no one going, buying tickets. I will be be interested to see the turnout. Indy 11 in a reduced capacity situation had over 4K at some of their games since the USL restart.
    Just because there are 4K of stupid people in Indy doesn't mean its a good idea.

    I'm pretty darn sure you could get 10K of people to see a Leafs game in the ACC (I refuse to call it the new name) this weekend. Doesn't mean its a good idea.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow the Darwin award this year is going to be fiercely contested.

    Now if these people could be removed from the gene pool without taking innocents with them.

  10. #10
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's the stat page I follow about crowd sizes


  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its like they sat at a poker table, saw the MLBs plan and raised it fans in the stands. Except in this case the chips are players well-being.

    What an idiotic plan if this is indeed it.

  12. #12
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,406
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Wow the Darwin award this year is going to be fiercely contested.

    Now if these people could be removed from the gene pool without taking innocents with them.
    Unfortunately they'll spread it to the rest of the population, because of course they don't wear masks either.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-08-2020 at 06:21 PM.


  13. #13
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,406
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    They pushed me personally to the breaking point by holding a tournament in a pandemic hotspot.

    I know of no way to express disapproval other than to stop watching games. Stop reading about them. Stop participating in MLS life.

    If they do this, that is what I will do.

    They will run their business, the customers will make their choices.
    I just felt upset about the whole idea and found that I couldn't get into the COVID Cup. Glad nobody has died or had serious repercussions so far. That still doesn't mean it was a good idea.
    Trying to hold regular games with crowds is a step beyond that, sheer lunacy given the terrifying situation in the US right now.


  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The amazing thing about this is they still haven't figured out how this will work for Canadian teams (small details).. and that Dallas announced they would have 5000 fans for their first game back. Our gov't is bound to like this new approach right?

  15. #15
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,085
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wonder what’s holding up things up, it can not be the first six games between the Reds, Caps and Impact? It must be the next 12 and where the Reds may play in the US? I do wonder if need be if the Reds could end up playing 9 games each against the Canadian teams? Dallas and Nashville are playing each other 3 times to make up missing the COVID Cup. Lots of moving parts here.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Wonder what’s holding up things up, it can not be the first six games between the Reds, Caps and Impact? It must be the next 12 and where the Reds may play in the US? I do wonder if need be if the Reds could end up playing 9 games each against the Canadian teams? Dallas and Nashville are playing each other 3 times to make up missing the COVID Cup. Lots of moving parts here.
    Phase 1 for TFC is pretty much set, 3 home games at BMO, only playing Vancouver and Montreal. After that, it’s up in the air. They might be looking at a Jays predicament, playing their home games somewhere in the States unfortunately.

  17. #17
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wynne View Post
    Phase 1 for TFC is pretty much set, 3 home games at BMO, only playing Vancouver and Montreal. After that, its up in the air. They might be looking at a Jays predicament, playing their home games somewhere in the States unfortunately.
    How do you play at BMO if the NHL is using the facilities into September?

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    116
    Posts
    2,643
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They can't stay out for 4 hours once a week or so?

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    They can't stay out for 4 hours once a week or so?
    I would imagine one major issue is about cleaning facilities that are being used by other groups not in the MLS bubble. I don't know the specific details but the NHL has probably paid for use of the facilities until the league moves to Edmonton later in the playoffs.

  20. #20
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,085
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...78768301817856

    "We're working in real time to get approval for our Canadian clubs to resume training and have the three clubs play against each other north of the border."Hear from @thesoccerdon
    as @MLS
    works on a return to play scenario within Canada
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 08-09-2020 at 10:18 PM.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  21. #21
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rumours running around that we are to play our "home games" for the US teams at RB Arena in Jersey.

    *****

    Team is still in quarantine from coming back from Florida until tomorrow.

  22. #22
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    They can't stay out for 4 hours once a week or so?
    They have been already

    NHL teams not using TFC facilities (incuding home & away & ref dressing rooms) & have prescribed footwear on the pitch

  23. #23
    RPB Member Vice-President
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    112 - Drumming/Cheering
    Posts
    441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This quarantine is the most stupidest thing happening. After players go through that, they are gonna be like fuck this travelling if i have to lock myself up again for 14 days even if healthy and been tested negative a bunch of times -_-.

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Rumours running around that we are to play our "home games" for the US teams at RB Arena in Jersey.

    *****

    Team is still in quarantine from coming back from Florida until tomorrow.
    Road Games:
    2013, 2014, 2015 - Montreal; 2016 - Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final); 2017 - NYRB (Leg 1 Eastern Semi), Columbus (Leg 1 Eastern Finals); 2019 - Seattle (MLS Finals)

  24. #24
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So Dallas vs Nashville

    Turned on to see if it might be decent

    Saw fans in the stands

    Immediately turned it off

    I'm not into snuff films.

    Will not watch any game in North America with fans in the stands.

    IF somehow this happens at a game involving TFC, will not watch.

    *********

    A note to the masses on here:

    If there is a TFC game where fans will be present, I will not start a game thread & will not participate in one. I will in no way support the willfull placement of people into such dangers for the sake of greed. Others may start a thread - I will ignore those games.

  25. #25
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    7,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So Dallas vs Nashville

    Turned on to see if it might be decent

    Saw fans in the stands

    Immediately turned it off

    I'm not into snuff films.

    Will not watch any game in North America with fans in the stands.

    IF somehow this happens at a game involving TFC, will not watch.

    *********

    A note to the masses on here:

    If there is a TFC game where fans will be present, I will not start a game thread & will not participate in one. I will in no way support the willfull placement of people into such dangers for the sake of greed. Others may start a thread - I will ignore those games.
    To those that might say "no biggie" about the game with fans in Dallas: if it was "no biggie" then they probably wouldn't be forcing fans to sign a COVID waiver before attending. But what I'm wondering about: if fans get infected at the stadium, and as a result infect others outside of the stadium: can those other folks sue the club and/or MLS... What happens in Dallas, doesn't stay in Dallas.


  26. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    To those that might say "no biggie" about the game with fans in Dallas: if it was "no biggie" then they probably wouldn't be forcing fans to sign a COVID waiver before attending. But what I'm wondering about: if fans get infected at the stadium, and as a result infect others outside of the stadium: can those other folks sue the club and/or MLS... What happens in Dallas, doesn't stay in Dallas.

    Exactly. The same infected dipshit at this game is going to definitely go to a bar somewhere and what happens if you are the server who has to work or lose your apartment? We can't crucify people for getting sick - it can happen to anyone with some bad luck, but this seems like going out of the way to risk it all for somebody else who won't get the choice.

  27. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    950
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The season is back on? Are these friendly matches? Im so confused

  28. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESPN: Fans boo players who took a knee before Dallas vs. Nashville in MLS.
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/fc-dalla...shville-in-mls

    Another draw back for having fans in covid hotspots in the stands I guess.

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also for reference: Dallas had 234 new cases yesterday. They've had 55,000 cases in Dallas county alone. Thats 15,000 more than we've had in our entire province. For reference Toronto is in the 5-20 range at this point for new daily cases. This is the environment that they chose to let fans back into the stands.

  30. #30
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto - Upper Beaches
    Posts
    3,328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    ESPN: Fans boo players who took a knee before Dallas vs. Nashville in MLS.
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/fc-dalla...shville-in-mls

    Another draw back for having fans in covid hotspots in the stands I guess.
    yeah - I feel like that Venn diagram is a complete circle.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •