RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eff them Fire Fans

&

Eff Dallas FC for playing the anthem when players asked it not to be played

If you click into twitter and see the quoted tweets in that thread, they are vile idiocy & show how much BLM is needed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here we go with a VERY interesting wrinkle to the Canadian MLS bit coming up

In addition to the Canadian MLS home matches being part of the MLS regular season standings, the Canadian team that earns the most points against the other Canadian clubs during this first phase of the revised regular season schedule in home markets will qualify for the 2020 Canadian Championship Final. The Canadian Championship Final will be a one-match winner take all Final against the winner of the eight-team Canadian Premier League Island Games. The winner of Canada’s Battle of the North will lift the Voyageurs Cup and qualify for the next edition of Concacaf Champions League.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...canadian-teams

i.e. This is our Voyageur's people

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The schedule (has to be imbalanced home & away due to 3 teams)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC & Vancouver clearly state on their websites, that there will be no fans in their stadiums for these games between the Cdn teams. I couldn’t find that mentioned in the article about these games on the Montréal Impact website. Quebec has generally been much less careful about COVID-19, I wonder if they might allow fans? Argh...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game thread up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    TFC & Vancouver clearly state on their websites, that there will be no fans in their stadiums for these games between the Cdn teams. I couldn’t find that mentioned in the article about these games on the Montréal Impact website. Quebec has generally been much less careful about COVID-19, I wonder if they might allow fans? Argh...

On August 5, 2020, the Québec government announced the lifting of the cancellation of festivals and events in all regions of Québec. The promoters of festivals and events can resume their activities, if they comply with the following directives:

- entrances and exits must be constantly controlled to ensure a maximum of 250 people on outdoor sites;
    - measures must be adopted to maintain 2 metres between participants who do not live at the same address;

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/heal...vents-covid19/

I can't see them allowing fans however. The PR would be really bad and it would generate practically no revenue.
    Last edited by benito; 08-13-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Cool - I wonder if we'll need 3 Canadian Starters?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red-o View Post
    Cool - I wonder if we'll need 3 Canadian Starters?
    Nope - MLS rules

Might if we make it to the final against the CPL team

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eff them Fire Fans

&

Eff Dallas FC for playing the anthem when players asked it not to be played

If you click into twitter and see the quoted tweets in that thread, they are vile idiocy & show how much BLM is needed.
    Post removed -Jack
    Last edited by Jack; 08-14-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    Post removed -Jack
    nope
    Last edited by Jack; 08-14-2020 at 04:59 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post removed -Jack
    You don’t know WTF you are talking about, so just stop. Black Lives Matter is the position of multiple sports leagues including MLS and NBA. Don’t like that? Either inform yourself, or GTFO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    If Montreal does, I will be a Saputo, that is my choice, that is my freedom.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here we go with a VERY interesting wrinkle to the Canadian MLS bit coming up

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...canadian-teams

That wrinkle actually makes me a bit more nervous than trying to qualify over Vancouver or Montreal in the regular season. Barring a surprise it will probably be Forge FC that wins the CPL and they have a pretty decent squad. I worry that if we make it to the final we run the risk of taking them too lightly. Anything can happen in a 1 game playoff

RPB Member
    President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CPL Island Games Champ vs MLS team with the most points after this phase 1 games.

It will be a 1 off game for the Canadian Cup and Concacaf Spot

Nope - MLS rules

Might if we make it to the final against the CPL team
    Road Games:
    2013, 2014, 2015 - Montreal; 2016 - Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final); 2017 - NYRB (Leg 1 Eastern Semi), Columbus (Leg 1 Eastern Finals); 2019 - Seattle (MLS Finals)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post removed -Jack
    Please cite your sources - what people have BLM murdered? Also, it needs to be not a link to Fox News. Otherwise take this bullshit somewhere else.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post removed -Jack
    Fuck off

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its lies like this (which I won't quote) that just go to show that there is work to be done, everywhere, to stamp out racism.
    That's all I'll say about that.

RPB Member
    President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael, these comments are not welcomed on the forum. you have been warned.

Post removed -Jack
    Last edited by Jack; 08-14-2020 at 04:57 PM.
    Road Games:
    2013, 2014, 2015 - Montreal; 2016 - Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final); 2017 - NYRB (Leg 1 Eastern Semi), Columbus (Leg 1 Eastern Finals); 2019 - Seattle (MLS Finals)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI

NYRB vs NYCFC derby tonight

No fans allowed

Columbus hosting Chicago

No fans allowed

Future games likely to change in Ohio

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal allowing the 250 maximum attendance under their current regulations at their games

https://twitter.com/tristandamours/s...90667225554944
    That's all I'll say about that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    Montreal allowing the 250 maximum attendance under their current regulations at their games

https://twitter.com/tristandamours/s...90667225554944
    $225 ticket apparently.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few derbies tonight

El Traffico

&

The Florida thing

&

The Rocky Mountain Cup

Also Atlanta @ Nasvhille

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few derbies tonight

El Traffico

&

The Florida thing

&

The Rocky Mountain Cup

Also Atlanta @ Nasvhille
    Galaxy up at the half 1-0, pretty even so far. Have to expect LAFC to really bring it in the 2nd half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting watching Jonathan David's debut for Lille today (he barely touched a ball and got subbed off, but that's another story...) with 5000 fans allowed (in a 50,000 seater stadium). Mask wearing seemed to be 100% and most of crowed clearly spread out. I'm not saying we should do it, but we should at least consider something similar. The Swiss League goes to 50% capacity on October 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    Interesting watching Jonathan David's debut for Lille today (he barely touched a ball and got subbed off, but that's another story...) with 5000 fans allowed (in a 50,000 seater stadium). Mask wearing seemed to be 100% and most of crowed clearly spread out. I'm not saying we should do it, but we should at least consider something similar. The Swiss League goes to 50% capacity on October 1.
    Schools are reopening in a couple of weeks. Let's see how that goes first. Many believe that will be the rise of the second wave. If schools reopen without issue, then we can consider opening up stadiums, but more than likely we will see a spike when schools open.

Also, for the record, some will try to compare "children" with "responsible adults" (not saying you are one of those, but I have seen others online, so I'm writing this before someone tries to give me this as an excuse), I actually trust the children more than adults because children are more likely to follow rules, meanwhile some adults are far more likely to be of the "you can't tell me what to do mentality". With regards to mask wearing being 100% in the Lille game, we're not France. While our population seems to be a lot better than the USA, I've seen far too many videos and even some in-person situations of "adults vocally refusing to wear masks" so could forsee that occurring here. Keep the stadiums closed for the time being. I miss going to games as much as the next fan, but when we say "TFC till I die", I want that to mean another 30-70 years for us all, not 30-70 days for some.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Schools are reopening in a couple of weeks. Let's see how that goes first. Many believe that will be the rise of the second wave. If schools reopen without issue, then we can consider opening up stadiums, but more than likely we will see a spike when schools open.
    There's already an uptick in Ontario and a steep spike in B.C. before even the schools reopen. Some say it's people throwing parties and BBQs, others say its bars and gyms. Whatever it is, it seems like a second wave is almost inevitable. You just have to look at Australia to see what can happen.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now I show my love for people and teams by staying away from them. I know I'm lucky that we can afford it, but I keep my seasons tickets on account with TFC; I pay for a TSN Live subscription to watch the games; I purchase 50-50 tickets to support TFC's charities; I scream loudly during the games so my family and neighbours can hear; I wear my gear around town; I support local restaurants, businesses and charities that are strained under the pandemic.

And I just decided not to travel to Germany for my mom's funeral in September: not worth the risk; Germany & Frankfurt are spiking; and too awkward seeing and staying with family, while supposedly physically distancing. She passed away in April, probably from COVID, but we could not get her tested, so she's not counted in Germany's stats. There are bigger problems than watching footy games on TV instead of in a stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland vs Seattle tonight should be a cracker!